ScottGray

A Few Pics of Some Birds from the Weekend

A few pics of some flyers from this past weekend.

Some backfly training.:) ---- Quality is so so --- HD Video grabs

http://www.thebrothersgray.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

I never really understood why some people backfly with their legs so close together. I guess I need to get wingsuits 202

Probably wouldn't help you much; Jeff Nebelkopf and Justin Shorb do most of the backflying.;) Then there's always that cool "McTwist" move that Jeff does....

I never really understood why some people backfly with their legs so close together. I guess I need to get wingsuits 202

For some, flying with their legs close together when learning to backfly helps them get used to the position until they become comfortable in that orientation. The trade off of doing that is that you lose some lift and drive in the process. If you're filming others or trying to stay under a moderate flock that is sometimes what you have to do.

Flying with your legs closer together also allows you to get away with a less than ideal body position which is often seen in those learning by the bending or piking at the hip usually accompanied by the head/chin tilted toward the chest. Conversely, flying with the leg wing fully extended, legs and torso in line and the head tilted back, creates a lot of drive and lift and on suits with large tail wings, can be difficult to control and or maneuver, especially when first learning.

Once the position of backflying becomes comfortable for the person, being able to fly in both positions, and those in between, should be the goal to achieve as they all have their time and circumstance to be used plus it makes you a more rounded backflyer.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For some, flying with their legs close together when learning to backfly helps them get used to the position until they become comfortable in that orientation. The trade off of doing that is that you lose some lift and drive in the process. If you're filming others or trying to stay under a moderate flock that is sometimes what you have to do.

Flying with your legs closer together also allows you to get away with a less than ideal body position which is often seen in those learning by the bending or piking at the hip usually accompanied by the head/chin tilted toward the chest. Conversely, flying with the leg wing fully extended, legs and torso in line and the head tilted back, creates a lot of drive and lift and on suits with large tail wings, can be difficult to control and or maneuver, especially when first learning.

Once the position of backflying becomes comfortable for the person, being able to fly in both positions, and those in between, should be the goal to achieve as they all have their time and circumstance to be used plus it makes you a more rounded backflyer.

Charlie was being sarcastic :D
He was back flying like a pro on his second wingsuit jump.....
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com