mnskydiver688

Why we are here...

After reading the numerous threads that have elicited heated arguments I decided to think about what got me to wingsuiting. Today on the way to a DZ that I haven't been to in over month, (due to throwing drogues at another) I was greeted with huge puffy white clouds that made the drive very difficult. Even though the puffy's decided to break apart I still had some very fun jumps with Butters aka Tony and it was funny just how far the WSI, Tandem Fly-By's and other stuff was from my mind.

So..... the point of this thread is for people to discuss flights that were out of body experiences or close to. Which, also made you forget everything other than the moment you were in....

Let's here it!
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Back in November of last year, I was the only WS on an Otter in Eloy. I asked Karen to take me out a way from jump run and she did. The jump allowed me a lot of time to fly into the sunset with no turns; it was near dark on the ground. I was listening to AlterBridge' "In Loving Memory" and thinking of my son (it was the anniversary of his death). The relaxation, the deep late fall sunset, the music, and the moment made for a jump I'll never forget, it was so very beautiful.

Back in March, a good friend of mine invited me to do a little wingsuiting in paradise (North Shore of O'ahu). We flew down the coastline with puffies and a majestic view of the ocean underneath. It was very distracting because of the beauty, I didn't want to pull....

Which, also made you forget everything other than the moment you were in....

This happens frequently when I am doing solos. Mostly I am doing two- or threeways, but from time to time I just want to feel the sensation of human flight. Then I go for a solo, and the magic feeling starts right after the exit, when I spread my wings and feel the lift growing. Those flights are pure pleasure, and always ending to soon. Even if I could get five minutes out of 13.000 feet it would be to short. ;)
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!