Tony_Suits

Tony Suits puts the 'WIN' in Wingsuit!

when test piloting a new design like I know Jeff, Chuck, Zunn, Scott Campos and Justin etc all do ( and Roby did) to make the best suits possible or to plan precise military type flight mission.

Robi still very much DOES ;). A great deal in fact. He'll jump, analyze, check, re-design, re-jump analyze etc a new design until he's completely happy with a suit before bringing it to market. It's not just a case of bolting wings together and announcing a new suit. :P

Anyhow, Tony, congrats for Marl :) Shame we missed each other when you were on the small island. Are you passing back through this way?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Congratulation to all participants of WoM 2009!

My conclusion, if I see the results and comprare it with progress to WoM 2008:

1) Discipline "Time"
The level of 70 seconds is comparable with WoM 2008. No significant progress.
The gravity force is constant (in comparison to the wind speed) and I see at this moment limitation for significant improvement for this parameter because of human body geometry.

2) Discipline "Distance"
Diverse skydivers flew this year with better results in comparison to normal jumps during the year. The reason for this fact is in first line the wind in the competition days, according local meteorogical station up to 60-70 kmh.
Impressive glide ratio of 3,5 by Tony Uragallo is no statistical value here. As Yuri wrote, the real glide ratio, without effect of wind is more less.

Generally: Plese don't forget the fact, that the measurements for this competition happen between 3000 and 2000 meter. The competitors go in the first jump phase, to 3000 meters, in more or less headdown and after then flare the wingsuit. The flare-effect bring 15-20% in the result. The flight is not stationary.

This year we can't see lot of pilots from intermediate group. Only "profis" and "fun" jumpers. I hope, WoM win next year more intermediate wingsuit-pilots and care for more take-up during the competition.

The level of 70 seconds is comparable with WoM 2008. No significant progress.

Toby flew 78.9s - in a distance round! Details

The reason for this fact is in first line the wind in the competition days, according local meteorogical station up to 60-70 kmh.
Impressive glide ratio of 3,5 by Tony Uragallo is no statistical value here. As Yuri wrote, the real glide ratio, without effect of wind is more less.

Although I agree, wind was more of a factor the previous day. It was close to sunset when Tony jumped and winds had calmed down. Other flyers on the same load had 'normal' results.

Nevertheless, we should strap a GPS on a Tandem going first to get proper wind readings.

Generally: Plese don't forget the fact, that the measurements for this competition happen between 3000 and 2000 meter. The competitors go in the first jump phase, to 3000 meters, in more or less headdown and after then flare the wingsuit. The flare-effect bring 15-20% in the result. The flight is not stationary.

Look at the charts. Even when there is a flare visible, it doesn't last longer than 5s. After that, it's stationary.

This year we can't see lot of pilots from intermediate group. Only "profis" and "fun" jumpers.

Interesting. So who do you consider pro, intermediate and fun jumpers and what are the criteria?

Klaus
My Logbook

threeeeeee......point.........five.........twoB|B|B|B|B|

Great job.

btw....i did 4.01 GL today.

Justin

haha, good one, but my score was'nt 3.52 as my darling daughter Flora posted, it was 3.588, so, thats almost .59 and .9 is allmost 1 so.............:)and if im a fatty, then mr Shorb you are a veritable Santa:)
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Yes Sir,

I´m putting my SM1 arm wings on my XS body this evening to facilitate my malnutritioned girl like arm muscles.

you dont need arm moosles, I just proved that, and with the newer zp lined sleeve, but know what? Toby said he got his best time with the inner arm zip UNdone, how bout that, so I tried it and...
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

But then again, people just love setting up nonsensical competitions of all sorts, so why would they? ;)

Yuri

------------------------------------------------
* like in, "You're so trackingderbyish! Flying down strong winds and marveling at nonsensical GPS results! Idiot." ;)

why on earth is it that wingsuiters have to slam every atchevment thats done wingsuiting,
FYO, the windy day was the friday, I did my runs on the saterday when the winds were low at altitude to none on the ground, performance is the trick, get it right and kick it, or sit in your bedroom and bitch.

+1

Niiice Tony~

Oh, and if Justin is Santa Clausish, God i dont want to know what that makes me these days.... Be nice to us fat guys who try to make gravity submit to our desires~ :P you skinny guys~ your both skinny s#hits.... :P

Congrats Bro... I poped my wings again... :P
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Yes Sir,

I´m putting my SM1 arm wings on my XS body this evening to facilitate my malnutritioned girl like arm muscles.

you dont need arm moosles, I just proved that, and with the newer zp lined sleeve, but know what? Toby said he got his best time with the inner arm zip UNdone, how bout that, so I tried it and...

Yea, but I never really "felt" the XS and with the SM1 after every jump I thought it was the best suit ever (only the leg wing could be a bit longer), so I think this might be best for me, we´ll see. Besides you have proven now that the big arm wings just work against you right?
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

Congrats and way to toot your own horn. This forum has just become a Tony Suit Advertisement by anyone who is building, designing on the payroll and or getting free suits from Tony and Jeff. I am glad there are few on here that are not afraid and willing to call the company out the evil and hated Yuri. You guys are right I guess all the other manufacturers should shut down Tony Suits are the best why would anyone jump anything else. We really need some moderation instead of a rah rah Tonysuit forum.

I never got a free suit from Tony or Jeff or Justin ( I've bought 3 ),....but I do appreciate what they have offered me in terms of a suit ( the original SM1) that was able to help me get near and level with flocks and then into flocks that smaller winged suits wouldn't have allowed me to participate in . They also worked with me on modifying my arm wings on my next SM1 to reduce the stress on my bad shoulder. And I see them constantly improving and actually trying and using ideas that I and otehrs have suggested but mostly coming up with their own new ideas. ( like what I just saw Justin flying this past week)

The very best form of flattery (and of achieving the evolved improvement of anything), is said to be in "imitation" ..and Tony flattered the then existing wingsuit manufacturers with some of his design when he started first building his suits and the current wingsuit designers are obviously flatterring Tony's design innovations with some of their more recent designs... That kind of using what works is great and I would really LIKE to hear more on this forum from the flyers of the different suits as to where they see their suits advantages or disadvantages as it relates to different ways of flying...

Which wing suit do you fly now and why? and thanks in advance for any ideas, mods or insights that you, Yuri and others can offer "all" of us, no matter what suit we fly. That's what this forum is for.... ( and No ,...I am not being sarcastic---I mean that ) I'm not addicted or beholdeing to Tony in terms of what suit I buy next.

I will buy and fly whatever suit most allows my old "heavy" body with a bad shoulder and hip to still keep having fun and enjoying the commaraderie, laughs and challenge that flocking gives me.

I will also buy a perhaps second suit that lets me go up and stay up there in the sky for as long as I possibly can on each jump and cover as much ground as I can in that time without any real care about how fast I am going forward....or what my ratio is ....or isn't .

I'm not a competitor or high performance oriented flyer (although I like a balance of performance,safety and value in what I buy)

If I see a design that can give me a "Quantum" improvement in time, safety, and distance as a combination for my body to enjoy flying in some other manufacturer's suit,... I'll buy it right then.

I have never witnessed anyone ( in any way other than teasing ) be looked at, thought of , opr talked about in the flock of friends I have as "not a Tony suiter" . And yet I sense that there may be or is some element of "elitism or "we're the best and somehow special" in some of the comments I have read on this forum by people flying the Birdman suits or Morpheus suits .... ( maybe that is just teasing too,...or maybe it is because Luic, Robi Zunn, Scott, Chuck and others were perhaps the unchallenged very best flyers in those suits for so long--I don't know because i was not paying attention then ) Actually,.. I spent a few days with Zunn and I never heard Zunn say one thing about anyone's suit... He just puts his company's suit design on and goes out and flys with all the rest of us.

Look at the back of my rig someday if you get the chance and you'll see the words: "We Are All One"
That says it all ( for me) ....

Enjoy and have a great life!!! Stoney
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Klaus,

if I see results for "WS Boogie and Comp Hungary 2009", the results for first places in Marl are very impressive.

It is possible to post here more details (Vx, Vy profiles dependent on time) for best Tony's track (3588 meters)?

Yes,

results from Marl is like from other planet. I also like to see that best track, it is impressive. Here is my best track from Hungary2009. There is really calm conditions, I give my best (115 kg exit weight, Stealth-2), average speeds are around v60/h160 km/h.I fly without initial dive to speed up. In Hungary, they measure from 3000-1500m, so I check it in Marl rules (3000m-2000m) and found 2.82. Maybe someone can put this result in distant challenge list, I think that it is good result. Kapos DZ is at 160m ASL. I hope I try myself in Marl next time.

Well said Stoney. I rarely comment in the forum and find myself visiting the forums less and less as it deteriorates into childish jibberish by children, wanna be skygods and trolls. I got into wingsuiting for the love of flight and to escape from other aspects of the sport which was seeming overtaken by these attitudes. I hope that this is not the last avenue of enjoying flight with others just for the pure enjoyment of doing so. As the attitudes increase, my desire to be part of it deteriorates just as fast. Perhaps I am one of the lucky ones as there a few wingsuits, well mostly just me, up here in my area and I can continue to enjoy the serenity each time I fly without having to put up with any of it...that is, of course, as long as I refrain from visiting the forums and become annoyed by the bickering of those who apparantly don't really have a life anyway except to bitch and whine about the acheivements of others. How sad for them. Play Safe and I look forward to seeing you again at the Pepperrell Boogie.