kevin922

New Suit!

Well after 6 years of no new suit, i've added a new Phantom 2z to my fleet. Still plan on jumping the original silver bullet (s3) but look forward to trying the new generation silver bullet out!

Question for those of you who have this suit.. have you found the cutaways are very hard to pull ? I've found the way they are routed, when your arms are at your side to grasp the handles it creates a near 180 degree "kink" in the cable which does not allow the cable to easily feed.... not that I use my wing cutaways... is there some different pull position for your arms?

suggestions?

After a quick response from the wingsuit godfather, it sounds as if the cutaway cables need a spritz of silicone spray to fix my issue. Anyone know where to get that? Walmart?

Walmart or most auto supply stores. Your rigger likely has a small jar lying around as well.

After a quick response from the wingsuit godfather, it sounds as if the cutaway cables need a spritz of silicone spray to fix my issue. Anyone know where to get that? Walmart?

Walmart or most auto supply stores. Your rigger likely has a small jar lying around as well.

my suggestion is food grade silicone - easiest to find at a local scuba shop

I don't know what kind of silicone was recommended to you, I have three kinds. "Dry" silicone is a spray or liquid that evaporates leaving only a film of silicone with no additives. "Regular" silicone has silicone mixed into a base of other oily compounds that will remain as part of the lubricant. The stuff you'll find at dive shops is like vaseline but with silicone in it, good for greasing o-rings and mustaches. If it was my wingsuit I'd use only the dry type, I get mine in a spray can at Ace Hardware. Spray it on a rag or paper towel then wipe it on the cables, it's less messy than spraying directly on the cables. It's also the best stuff for cutaway cables on your rig. Using the dry type minimizes the accumulation of grit that oils attract. Always be careful using silicone around anything you may want to glue or paint later as it will prevent adhesion. Body shops hate the stuff. End of dissertation.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Nice Kevin, but wow, that suit is tight. You sure it will fit with the rig on and leg straps underneath?

Yeah I tried it with the rig too.. it fits, like a glove.

:")

Kevin

The suit has fingers and a thumb?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.