aarthus

New S-fly ws

Exactly....
Most of us work and get to play at the weekend.( and some of us even get paid whilst we are typing here)
Some of us dont work...like you.
If you were serious about jumping , but couldnt afford it....you wouldnt be on here....you would be at the DZ earning a ticket anyway you could.
But on one of the sunniest weeks of the year all over the UK...look where you are ....on the internetz handing out your wealth of experience, in disciplines you know nothing about[:/]

How serious are you about progressing again ??

Maybe sunny for you in England, it's been fog all day in here, only now in the evening the sun is starting to pop out..

The DZ I go to only works in the weekends btw, so I couldn't do anything even if I wanted today..

Anyway, I don't judge you, so please don't judge me, I do what I wanna do.

Have a nice day :)

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Excuses excuses

There are a couple of DZ's open all week (between them) within a few hours of you (Hibs and Langer)

Both have camping areas, shower facilities, cheap food and dont charge you a penny for being there...

In such good weather.....there's loads of opportunity for hanging out, learning a few things ( if you can listen more than you talk) ...maybe even getting qualified enough to earn your jump tickets through packing
It doesnt have to cost you a fortune

All it takes it a little application......and a bit of spare time.
You seem to have little of the former and plenty of the latter .

So how about that new S-Fly suit guys? Can we get off this and try to stay on topic?:)

Coming from someone that yells "Should have bought a T-bird" when someone posts his new Phantom...dude...Im proud of you!

Maybe one of the greenies can split this off to Bonfire (allong with the FedEx discussion:P).

Pix and stuff on the new suits!

http://news.flylikebrick.com/2009/05/flyyourbody-new-suits.html
http://news.flylikebrick.com/2009/06/new-wingsuits-from-fly-your-body.html

More info on http://www.flyyourbody.com
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Sangi, proximity flying is quite often done with a suit de-tuned - so if you find yourself a bit low, you have the ability to "pull up" and not impact. Flying at the edge of the performance envelope is suicidal in many of the proximity fylygin sites.

so proximity flying is quite NOT the way to find the suits best performance.

sorry dude, you loose. stop writing your nonsense..

V3 doesn't seem like a "de-tuned" suit and it doesn't seem like these guys are not flying these suits to max performance (0:19 for example)..

Not sure what the 0:19 is. But what LikesToJump is saying is that they are flying the wingsuit not near the maximum performance.

Flying at a glide-angle thats (for instance) around 2:1 (2 meters forward, 1 down) while close to 3:1 (3 meters forward, 1 meter down) is possible. Which means its always possible to 'out climb' the terrain they are flying over, or rock-ledges they are flying past.

So (when done right) there is always range left to get out of trouble, and flyers should potentialy never get into do or die situations with regards to their performance.

But this is also the reason why flying like this requires a very firm understanding of ones range/performance. They dont just hop of a rock and hope to miss. Its knowing their performance, and the angle of flight/range that performance gives them.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Flying at a glide-angle thats (for instance) around 2:1 (2 meters forward, 1 down) while close to 3:1 (3 meters forward, 1 meter down) is possible. Which means its always possible to 'out climb' the terrain they are flying over, or rock-ledges they are flying past.

How do you actually out climb the terrain which is a slope and is steadily going down (like in 0:37)?

So (when done right) there is always range left to get out of trouble, and flyers should potentialy never get into do or die situations with regards to their performance.

Aren't they flying beside the mountain, meaning if they think they're gonna get screwed soon, they just turn to the other side and fly away from the mountain?
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

How do you actually out climb the terrain which is a slope and is steadily going down (like in 0:37)?

you don't outclimb. you outGLIDE - in other words if you are coming in at angle X, you flatten out your glide and thus pass OVER the ledge.

Aren't they flying beside the mountain, meaning if they think they're gonna get screwed soon, they just turn to the other side and fly away from the mountain?

in a perfect world with perfect people - MAYBE.
What about jumping from exit points that provide consistently positive terrain, and where you need to fly your WS well (enough) and far in order to open up and get to your landing area ?
What do you think the speed in a WS is, that gives one enough time to realize that "they are gonna gew screwed soon" and make a corrective action ?

check this out : http://broadbandsports.com/node/21927
think this is somewhere where you can afford to fly all balls with no safety margin ?