aarthus

New S-fly ws

Would be a lot more interesting to see it in BASE environment

Why would it..?
The 'brochure' suggests the Verso is a suit designed to be relatively easy to rig/fly and backfly in

Apart from the rigging....what aspects of the above can you not see in the linked skydive video that you would see in a 'BASE' video.
There is even a plethora of other suits flying relative with it which you can help use to judge its performance.

Would be a lot more interesting to see it in BASE environment :)

Even there is says little...
Are we looking at a good pilot flying, or a good suit.

Loic did some stuff in an Acces wingsuit, that most couldnt do in the biggest/most bad-ass suit on the market.

Its eye-pleasing watching suits flown in BASE, but unless its top-level pilots flying each suit, its hard to compare the actual performance levels.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Apart from the rigging....what aspects of the above can you not see in the linked skydive video that you would see in a 'BASE' video.
There is even a plethora of other suits flying relative with it which you can help use to judge its performance.

Because flocking is not proximity flying. The best place to truely see what a WS can do is in BASE environment doing proximity flying..

And if you notice, the guy flying a V3 was holding it back, during brake off the V3 kicked in and went forward quite fast leaving the rest behind..

And yes mccordia, you're right, only with the best pilots you can truely see the WS's performance.. I'm sure Loic will fly the Verso in BASE sooner or later..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

[
Because flocking is not proximity flying. The best place to truely see what a WS can do is in BASE environment doing proximity flying..

Not really..as proximity flying is about following the curves of the landscape. Its about accuracy more than it is about glide-ratios.

Distance in base is probably a better performance measurement than proximity. That last one is 100% pilotskillB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm not an expert (heck not even a WS flyer) so you know better :)
It just seems that in flocking people are trying to constantly adjust to the whole flock leading to some people really holding back on their WS and some having to push really hard to keep up, thus they're not maxing out their WS true potential (be it speed or glide distance), while in BASE they seem to push every last bit out of their performance (again I'm only speculating based on my observations...).

Proximity flying is performance flocking with a solid objectB|;)
Sometimes you fly 50%, sometimes 100% to fly a certain line.

If you're talking about distance/performance, usually flights away from an object (trying to achieve maximum distance) such as this one are usually a better meassure

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Because flocking is not proximity flying.

really ? I never knew there was a difference
whats proximity flying anyway....is it flying close to your friends?

The best place to truely see what a WS can do is in BASE environment doing proximity flying..

I would have thought proximity flying is a very specific skill and open to lots of variables.
Wouldn't flying in a straight line for as far as possible from a set start point to a set end point ...with no immediate hazards around, be a better & repeatable indicator of how well a suit can perform next to another ( all pilot skill variables considered) ??
I guess you know best on that.

And if you notice, the guy flying a V3 was holding it back, during brake off the V3 kicked in and went forward quite fast leaving the rest behind..

wow...thanks for letting me know that, I was wondering why his legs were bent.
I thought he had stomach cramps holding in a fart, couldnt hold it any longer and let rip ....giving him the sudden speed .

Its good to know there are such experienced skydive/BASE wingsuit pilots ( like yourself) around on the net to jump in and help all us beginners with these tricky things....I mean most of the guys who are really good , only seem to answer on stuff they have loads of experience with.....how lame is that ?

wow, I'm sorry Zoter, I never knew internet was the new real life, that your life totally depends on what you say here and that you can't make any mistakes or speculate or discuss anything if you're not 100% expert on that subject... :o

On most subjects, speculation and advice online is perfectly okay.
In skydiving and base, everyone is an expert, and listening to the wrong person can be a life-threatening event if its advice on the wrong subject..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

that your life totally depends on what you say here and that you can't make any mistakes or speculate or discuss anything if you're not 100% expert on that subject..

You seem to spend most of your time justifying your internet ramblings with your complete lack of experience in what you are rambling about. [:/]

Maybe that time would be better spent actually 'getting' some experience....'talk' less, 'do' more

Its an idea ....try it.;)

On most subjects, speculation and advice online is perfectly okay.
In skydiving and base, everyone is an expert, and listening to the wrong person can be a life-threatening event if its advice on the wrong subject..

Well it's too bad if they can't realize who they should actually listen to and what correct information they should pick up, if they can't filter and do deeper research and take everything that is said directly, then maybe it's time to quit?

Again it's the internet, it's free to discuss and speculate anything you wish, real life is a different story.

Maybe that time would be better spent actually 'getting' some experience....'talk' less, 'do' more

Its an idea ....try it.;)

Every chance I get, I do that :)

Again it's the internet, it's free to discuss and speculate anything you wish, real life is a different story.

You're right. However, if you actually read some of the posts, articles, etc... you might be able to understand what is wrong with your speculation. Almost everything you've stated regarding proximity flying is wrong according to the posts, articles, etc... of experienced proximity flyers.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

That's why experienced people who know about this intervene and tell how it really is..

I'm always happy when people correct me and when I learn how things truely are...

Every chance I get, I do that

33 jumps per year for 3 years?
And you are posting about wingsuit flying and BASE jumping?
:ph34r:

You should spend a little less time on the internet and a bit more time at the DZ .
(but maybe that says it all....)

Not everyone's got a steady full time job with good steady income, which enables them to jump every weekend of the working skydiving season... :)
I'm discussing things based on what I've heard, read and saw...

Is that a discussion or a statement ?
What experience do you have with any aspect of the above in order to qualify you making a statement about it ?
Have you even personally seen any wingsuit flying/flocking/proximity flying.....or is your only experience of it watching youtube videos?

Not everyone's got a steady full time job with good steady income,

Noop..and those are usually the people that make the most jumps, as they spend every minute they have packing and whoring themselves out for everything that enables them to buy a jump-ticket;):P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Noop..and those are usually the people that make the most jumps, as they spend every minute they have packing and whoring themselves out for everything that enables them to buy a jump-ticket

but difficult to do if you spend ( what appears to be alot of free time) on the internetz...

Is that a discussion or a statement ?
What experience do you have with any aspect of the above in order to qualify you making a statement about it ?
Have you even personally seen any wingsuit flying/flocking/proximity flying.....or is your only experience of it watching youtube videos?

A bit of both. You don't get the same WS trajectory and performance flight view in 13k feet as when you do flying beside a mountain (but again, I'm just saying based on video observations)... The only person who could actually say the truth would be the one that does both skydiving flocking and WS BASE...

Noop..and those are usually the people that make the most jumps, as they spend every minute they have packing and whoring themselves out for everything that enables them to buy a jump-ticket;):P

Well, not when it takes me to pack my main like 30 minutes. And I wouldn't like to take the blame if somene had to cutaway because of my packjob, so I'll just pass it out... :)

Well, not when it takes me to pack my main like 30 minutes.

At your experience level, thats normal. 100 more packjobs will take that down to 10 minutes. another 100 packjobs takes it down to 5. Then 2 or 3 shitty openings and a cutaway take you back to 10 minutes again:P

Its a normal progression. Just jump a lot. 10 minutes behind the trainstation, and a disgusting taste in your mouth also gets you cash..There's always a way.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?