travisjones

The "Phat Bird"

Alright, so i am building a new wingsuit. It is my own design that i thought of while sitting around smokin a fatty. These pics are from when i started on the arm wings last week.I have building semi stiff ribs over the weekend and Hopefully i am done sewing them in tonight. I am going to try to have the arm wings done by this weekend and start on the body. Once i get to that point i will post more pics. I am using 1.9oz zp for the wings, codura for the arms and other random parts, cloth stiffening material for wing ribs, and nylon e thread to cinch everything together.First pic is wing profile, second one is compared to my phantom. Let me know what yall think about arm wing shape. Will post more as i continue building the "Phat Bird"

Alrighty i just finished sewing up one of the arm wings. And its looking pretty sick. I think that the suit is going to have a really really fast froward speed. anyway let me know what you all think. I have everything laid out for the next one and know what not to do to make the sewing go a little faster. Once i finish it i will post some more pics. Back to sewing. Ill keep everyone poster on my progress. Here are some teaser pics.

new trend!? DIY-WS's!? :P

:)

Nothing new. As others posted its been done here and there for a few years...... mainly by those select individuals Crazy enough to try it and skilled enough to produce a project or component worth posting about it.

Alright after slaving over the sewing machine like a Korean sweat shop worker i can finally say that im almost done with my new suit. I plan on jumping it this Saturday. I just have to put on zippers , arms and cutaways, booties and some minor stuff here and there. This is the last pic i will give yall until i jump it this weekend.

Alright after slaving over the sewing machine like a Korean sweat shop worker i can finally say that im almost done with my new suit.

I hope, you use suitable fabric/wire and the fixing procedure for single parts is approved:)
From my expirience: I do now any changes on my old Phantom and not every action is really successful - the fabric leave during the test flights, wires don't hold out. Tension at some parts is more as fabric resistance.

The expirience of leading wingsuit-manufacturers is not aerodynamics only, but manufacturing process!

Ha I jumped the Phat Bird and lived. It flew really bad ass. I was afraid it would flap alot, but it just stayed pressurized and rocked my fuckin socks off. I tried to get video but i smoked my buddy in his v-2 on exit. I am jumping it again today and am going to work on maxing it out. Just on the one jump I was having equal if not more top end than the v-2....We shall see. I will make sure i get some good video today.

Congratulations for the successful completion af your project!

I will never build my own, but it 's cool to see other people doing it.
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!

Well the first Phat Bird jump went badass and the second jump went sweet until about 5000' then my tail wing decided to explode. Not that bad just a five inch tear and my arm wings came unzipped because i haven't put my thumb loops on. Def a crazy couple thousand feet. Im posting video later today. I gained access to good machines so i am going to repair everything make some mods and go for round two next weekend.

Jumped the suit one more time after making some changes this last weekend. Got a little flock on out of the casa. This is video a friend took for me. The suit flew pretty good but needs some more work I am starting on the second design and am going to work on fixing the leg flapage. Arm wings are rock solid. I bailed out of the flock around 5grand because im flying a 135 loaded at 2.3. Anyways, Finally upgrading from shitty embroidery machine to all industrial machines in the next two weeks or so. Should help me knock out the next suit alot faster. Hoping i have it done and flying around new years. Until then Peace Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI0iRGFW6JU

Alright, after a while of being locked away planning gathering materials and new sewing machines i have finally almost finished The Phat Bird-Buzzard. Im just posting pics of the completed arm wings. I have the leg wing done and almost all the body pieces cut out, but i wont post them until im done(hopefully by the end of next week)we shall see. Sorry for the pic quality poor lighting when i took them.

Egh maybe i can see that. I really just drew a wing that i thought would fly really fast and good this is what came out. I guess ive been around alot Vampires so it might have influenced my sketch subconsciously. The ribs have a rigid foam center so it only needs a small vent to get inflated. I tested with a high power fan and they filled up quick. The leg wing is also going to have this.