pierre3636

TONYSUIT X-Bird

...oh and when the hell will I see the pictures of all these s,t,r etc birds?! :P

Tony was ON A DROPZONE;) (remember that place:P) in the UK a week ago. Why werent you there jumping? You could have seen the suits up close and personal..be it only to look...not fly....but still;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I found the X-Bird difficult to flock in faster fall rates mostly because the suit DOES NOT WANT TO STOP. I don't recommend this suit for flocking, especially in the wrong hands. It took me a few jumps to dial it in and quiet it down. But i am still approaching flocks with caution, as the suit gererates scary forward speed.:D

Could it be that you just might have lost the sense for speed because of constant flying of the flying carpet suits:$? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the suit. Not as a as a whole anyway. I think it's probably a good suit for a slightly big:P flocker, but speed is definetly not the suit's no.1 characteristic . At least that's what everybodys consensus was at the Heliboogie.

Could it be that your and Jade's suits are two completly different models? With the massive new lineup of Tonys suits I never know which is which, but I just cant believe somebody is claiming super fast speeds when it was one of, if not the slowest suit at the boogie.

I know marketing is important but this is just damn ridiculous. Eyes don't lie. Well, not most of the times anyway:D.

I hope i don't sound to harsh but it kind of bothers me that people are constantly hearing of super duper performances, but the reality, at least the way i see it, is somehow different.

Let the bashing and brand wars begin/ continue:D.

Edit: spelling

How come with all the gps data floating around theres no glide posted for this suit yet? Everyone also seems to have ignored that new video showing the 2.7 glide V3 BASE flight circulating around.

Lack of GPS I would guess is because there are only 2 of them being flown (Justin and Phil) now. Not sure if the Suit that Jade had, which was a Proto is a X-Bird or a S-Bird that he noted jumping I think on his FB Page.

To go a step further, there overall is not that much GPS Data out there anyway.. Most info people tout is coming from a Neptune (or Like Unit). I am guilty as I don't have a GPS like a WinTec or ForeTrex that I own....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

How come with all the gps data floating around theres no glide posted for this suit yet? Everyone also seems to have ignored that new video showing the 2.7 glide V3 BASE flight circulating around.

Charley, I would say to take the GPS numbers with a grain of salt (same as WS forum). If you look at the vertical speeds he was supposedly sustaining and the 4.0:1 glide it's easy to see something is preventing it from being reliably accurate.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Charley, I would say to take the GPS numbers with a grain of salt (same as WS forum). If you look at the vertical speeds he was supposedly sustaining and the 4.0:1 glide it's easy to see something is preventing it from being reliably accurate.

Not meaning to dispute your Big Brain there Tony, but How do you calculate 4 to 1 Glide with the above numbers the Justin gave??? Did Yuri send over one of his charts???

My simple math skills give the following..... A 13,000' exit with a 2500' opening gives a vertical descent distance of 10,500' That over 5 miles (5280' = mile) or 26,400' These numbers give a Glide ratio of 2.51 to 1 over the course of the jump, again from my simple calculations.

Given we also know the time of 3:28 from the video (give or take a few seconds based on who times it) and the distance we can also figure out the speed using the formula average speed = distance/time So plugging the numbers in --> 5 miles /3.47 minutes=1.44 miles /minute which translates to an average MPH of about 86.46 MPH

So again I ask how you get a 4 to 1 Glide????

As a side I am jumping out at Shelton tomorrow, Come on out and Play!

Scott C.

Look,

First off, I am waaaay to fucking busy ACTUALLY jumping to keep replying to silly questions.;)

When I said difficult to flock, what I meant was, it likes to fly. FAST fast forward. It was not too difficult for me, simply an adjustment. and if you think I have "lost the sense of speed" Come do a jump with me, I will gladly show you speed;)

I did lots of jumps with a girl this weekend, who was flying a V3. She is very light, tall and experienced. On one jump we were going to do a distance flock. She was rear float. I was last out, It was a 6 way. She immediately took off, and I spent almost a minute catching her........but I did, and then had HUGE range on her, and held back to film her, passing by when she deployed.

Want video of that? Cause i can post it. :S

It seems no one will EVER be happy on this site. You(Odeseni have 100 wingsuit flights) I did that in the last month. I dont care who flys longer, farther or faster. Its all fun, and If i get smoked (which i have) so be it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. what is important is how you interact with your friends and competitors. We are all in this together and competition drives innovation. Get out and jump......... lots. Fly your suit whatever it is.

My suit is a newer more refined version of Jades. Yes.

There is no claim here of a super duper performance. Did you watch the video? It was time. Period.

I will try to do some Gps runs and post that, but honestly I dont really give a shit. I like flying wingsuits, they are fun.

I could care less what you fly as long as you fly.

Justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Fair enough, I just like to jump too. I think that instantaneous glide of 4.0 is probably legit for 1-2 seconds. If you flare out, you still have similar forward speed with a big reduction in descent, you could get a pretty good glide for a tiny fraction of time. I think the 2.7 average over the whole jump is probably correct. Agreeing with justin, id rather just wait to fly the suit and figure it out myself. The great thing about wingsuiting is the crazy variety of suits out there. I fly my P2 for flocking, the V2 for base, and ive borrowed SM1s and an XS for ridiculous time flights. Cant wait to get my V3 order in though!

Tony Suits announces plans for the X-Bird buddy extension tail wing. Tested here with a Raptor buddy leg wing. ;):P

See attached image.

Andreea's hotness attracts all things, even in the air !! B|

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Tony Suits announces plans for the X-Bird buddy extension tail wing. Tested here with a Raptor buddy leg wing. ;):P

See attached image.

OMG, there are so many ways to take that Photo. Almost to the level of Skittles trying to get onto the Record Jumps later this year with J-Sho... Have at the Photo with PhotoShop people... :)

Scott C.

I dont care who flys longer, farther or faster. Its all fun, and If i get smoked (which i have) so be it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. what is important is how you interact with your friends and competitors. We are all in this together and competition drives innovation. Get out and jump......... lots. Fly your suit whatever it is.

I'm gonna give you alittle golf clap on that one. ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

See attached image.

HAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHAAA
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brian!!! Get your head out of my ass! :ph34r:

and note to self: trying to roll 2 people at once like that is not as easy as you'd think

so did some max jumps today with taya - we were just messing around and i borrowed one of her r-birds (smallest tail wing of the 3 from what i can make out) - the design as funny as the wings look work very well. it was very easy to fly the suit to stall point and also to speed it up forward to speeds im not used to in sm1/stealth designs. just on wrist mounted neptune i got 34/35mph pretty easily - really looking forward to my X-bird coming. it feels like the trade off of less drag due to the wing design and shape creates exponential agility and forward speed which gives ultra lift. its a surprisingly easy suit to fly. wow welcome surprise. really had a blast.
anyone else jumped them a bunch that can tell me if my take the on the experience was similar fir them?

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~