timve

scary shit ...

some openings inside and outside camera. My friend probably has the biggest balls ever ... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10gvOIBWhkw [url]

greetz

tim ve
oxygenwingsuitteam Belgium
oxygen wingsuitteam
check out our newest movie
Trainingweek Seville Spain 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtzc1RDzDQ

We've addressed these exact issues in the past my friends....some folks just seem to think it "cool".
Stupid to be sure...cool by some for some odd reason.
[:/]
stupidity or carelessness does not equal "balls" or by any means longevity in our sport to me any way.
Good luck with such behavior guys....:|

I don't get it??

Someone flying a blade, who apparently has no business flying it. I mean, it is very very very bad. Like, "I have 12 jumps total...now I'm flying a wingsuit" bad. Is this your student? Who the hell allows this to go on after 2 repeat performances? Not brave...stupid.

Another flying outside video, just asking for a nylon cocoon of death. If this is you, hang your head in shame. This "wingsuiter" displays erratic flying, inability to control heading, inability to remain stable, etc. The very very last place I would be is above and behind him. Where I would be is in the office of the S&TA or DZO, explaining why they should take away this clowns wingsuit.

Both are headed for bad bad results. Seek help...seek instruction. This video is not interesting or cool. If either of them are your friends, you should really really tell them to cease wingsuiting until they get some common sense.

Edit to add....
I happen to know someone who is on this very site, who happens to be a very good coach. His name is Jarno and he lives in your vicinity. Look him up before either of you die.

If this is who I think it is, he did great on his first jumps (in a classic II) untill he got further down the line.
The problems he ran into later (seen in this video) have led to him being advised to take a bit of a break from wingsuit flying. And get back on it later (preferably a trackingsuit first to get used to the openings).

Tim, is this who I think it is?

Some issues I see in the video:

• Legs are stretched in the video during deployment. Causing the flyer to flip forward (esp. combined with a wingsuit with a long legwing)
  • The flyer seems to dip legs, de-arching. Also leading to flipping/diving forward. It's 'PUSH hips forward', not pushing the shoulders forward and putting the butt up in the air. That causes you to cup air, and become highly unstable.
  • pull symetricly with armwings/body position.
  • head back on rig. look up. Dont look down to see your hackey.
  • when experiencing hard and unstable openings , wearing a camera probably isnt the best thing to do (both from a snag pov. as the weight issue, extra load on your neck)
  • As mentioned, flying camera on someone doing unpredictably stuff in the air. Being in front of the person, or next to him at best (preferably also slightly ahead/a bit lower) is essential.
  • with people usually pulling on the right side, them leaning to the right is usually what causes a sway in that direction.
    If you are filming openings, behind and on the right side is putting yourself in extra danger. There has been a canopy/wingsuit collission due to this exact thing in the past.
  • After repeated scary openings like these, usually a sort of fear sets in, that makes people get more and more nervous about openings. And thus, makes them less and less likely to actually RELAX and do a proper pull. If this happens. Take a break, and have sayd person be relaxed in the air again (without a wingsuit) before getting back into that ballgame.

What in your fucking mind possessed you to fly directly behind and above a deploying newbie?

Yea..its something we dont see stressed enough here.
    Also during (complete) FFC flights, the deployment cone is a place where nobody should be flying. As a panic pull/premature opening would ruin two peoples day.

Its nice to see this kinda material online. But as a warning to show people wingsuit flying isnt always fun and games, but something that can be a scary as hell thing when it doesnt go as planned/hoped.
    And glad its not a giftwrapped Tim inside a canopy from that I see in this video...:SIf someone is pulling high. Try and be WAY high and (MOST IMPORTANT) in front of him/her. That way they can never surprise you by flinging lots of material in your face..

Tim, maybe shoot me an email..
    Next time Im at Hoevenen (coming saterday?) we can do some (non-ws) jumps just doing that opening position. But (if this is the person we talked about before) his break from wingsuit flying, and getting more comfortable in the air (and probably most of all..forgetting these scary jumps) is probably the best thing to do.
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Fasted...I can tell you with 100% certainly this person isnt jumping a wingsuit now due to those UNintentional flips and rolls...

Jarno, Thank you for clearing that up.
    Damn, I thought he had ... MAD SKILLZ!

That's funny. I remember after a beginner flight Jeff asked me, "Did you do that on purpose?"
    I wished I could have honestly said yes. :$
    But what do I know?

Isn't he doing those flips during deployment on purpose?

I think that question is answered pretty easily watching the video. No where in there does he look comfortable or controlled, and his second deployment shows him veering right then left after unsuccessful pull attempts, only to flip on his back and go head down during the third. I cant believe anyone would look at that and think its intentional.

Fascinating. A guy in a Blade who hasn't the faintest idea how to use it, and a camera guy that doesn't know any better.
    Interesting progression they got there. We usually don't start buzzing each others deployments around here until after we've spent a couple hundred flights mastering essential survival skills like the ability to deploy. Not to mention trivialities such as flying a consistent heading.
    I'd suggest a first flight course. Before somebody dies.
    -B
    Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

The guy did have a normal first flight course/progression on normal sized suits as far as I know, and it wasnt untill later in his jumping he developed pull problems which shifted from iffy, to bad to scary as hell.

He isnt jumping a wingsuit anymore (I think most of this footage is half a year or more old) as several people (including himself) deemed it less than recommendable to continue flying at this point.

A small bad habbit developed into a huge problem. Maybe due to fear of bad openings.

But funny to see people get so upset about this kinda stuff (and rightfully so) with an experienced flyer, and a lot of the bad FFC stuff with people who DONT have the proper experience never makes it online.

That aside..
    I really dont really know what the camera-flyer/poster (Tim) had as his intentions when he put this one online. I think its not clear enough to function as a lesson (nor what the lesson is isnt clear) and not really anything anyone should brag or show off either....flying inside someones 'deplotment cone' isnt the best of ideas...
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

All footage was bouroughed, not made by myself, at least 1 year old.
    WS flyer was good until jump 30 when pulling problems started.
    exits are great, flights are good.
    flyby (yes it was close, and in the cone, and could have resulted in big shit) was made to film bodyposition when pulling.
    post was made for 4 reasons,
    1. give the flyer a support, he is courages, and wants to work on the problem. thats what i mean by big balls. It isn't intented to serve as a promomovie to be stupid
    2. show in a movie that WS is not evident and easy. the "just pull at the end of flight" is not as obvious as often thought. (yeah yeah, you're right, could have made it a much more dull movie .... >:()
    3. It looks good :S, to the critics amongst you, being cool is the last priority in my life ...
    4. People talk about it and learn from it.

next time it will be dull ... lesson learned ! :)

oxygen wingsuitteam

damn, you got me there :P

don't blow up this thing.

if the vibes were wrong, I would have named this thread the "coolest movie ever made..." now it is "scary shit", it's scary and it's shit ! tata

on the other hand, maybe it is :) ouch ouch ouch B|B|B| sorry ...

oxygen wingsuitteam