DSE

Freeflock Utah event

Everyone, give Spot a big bearhug and a sexy squeeze in the butt and tell him Jarno says hi;)

Please no squeeze in the butt. I have a hematoma that resembles a third butt cheek and you might grab something really painful.
God how I wish you were here, Jarno. Scotty and Justin arrived last night, t was good to be shaken out of a dope-induced sleep to receive some long-desired hugs from good friends.
Scott and Justin have some super flocks and flights planned in the Otter. Looking forward to seeing y'all there.

Pictures ???? Video ??? :)
Please .... :ph34r:

Wish I could have been there.

Did get a wicked 3 way puffy surf on the edge of a storm cloud yesterday :o:) ...... so weekend was not a total loss.

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

That was a Fun event. We had over 20 wingsuitters on the DZ at any given time and though the weather was changing every 15 minutes which slowed us down some the weekend was a FANTASTIC time. Spot was out for the beginning and the end of the boogie. Phil, Jack and Debbie were great and a Big thanks for the DZ on putting up with the Wingsuiters! Also thanks to the jumpers that traveled to have some fun..

Lots of Pics were taken by Scotty B. He took some nice pics I am sure will show up somewhere.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

That was a REALLY AWESOME boogie. Even with the various weather holds, we still got to do plenty of excellent jumps and had a truly GREAT time.
Beautiful dropzone and beautiful flocks - thanks and a big hug to our awesome organizers. Can't wait to see all the footage again (thank you Scotty!) - as well as some seriously funny B-roll material...
Right guys??
RRING RING?!!?!:P

Spot - it was sooooo good to see you again. Thanks for everything!

Even thought I didn't get to jump, it was fun flying a couple loads with y'all as an observer.
I learned a lot from Scott as an organizer.
It was wonderful seeing some of the newer birds like Matt and Justin P having troubles hitting their slot on the first days and being rock solid by the end of the weekend. Watching the flocks from the ground was great too. There are a few pix on Scotty's 40d that I took. Some of those flocks were very challenging to assemble but it was beautiful to see them come together.
It sucked (made me cry a little) to watch every one exit the aircraft and I had to stay in. I lied and told Will (the pilot) that the air pressure was messing with my injuries.
Debbie did a PHENOMENAL job of taking over after I was injured. The band on Saturday night was thrilled with everyone, thanks to all that participated. It was terrific.
Scotty B, J-Sho, BSR(Callantine) Purple Mike, Andreea, Les, Cookie, Greybeard, Deaf Sean, Monkey, Justin P,....I can't remember who all else (it's the pain pills), thank you all for coming over to the house and hanging with me for a bit. It was fun playing the flutes for you, fun hearing everyone's "no shit there I was" stories, and I apoligize for the lack of a bonfire; hopefully the hottub made up for it. Andreea, thank you for getting the extra altitude while I was in the copilot's seat. Milk, anyone?
Some of those flocks over the water and over the salt beds looked phenomenal. Scotty's pix will tell the tale.
With the new recognition of wingsuiting records, do the slot perfect jumps you guys did count as the "first" official records?:P
Doesn't matter, in my book they were the greatest ever and the only thing that could have been better was if I could have flown with you. Thank you all.

and I apoligize for the lack of a bonfire

There was a bonfire on Sat night. Most everyone left before it started though. I hear there were some folks who stayed up until 0400.:o

To all you WS guys,

Thanks for hanging out with me and giving me some goals to work towards. I really enjoyed the company and how funny you guys can be. You guys really made me feel like I was already a part of the flock even though I'm still a few jumps away from it and I thank you for it.;)

-Mike
Muff #5048

You guys really made me feel like I was already a part of the flock even though I'm still a few jumps away from it and I thank you for it.;)

-Mike

Mike, because of the kind of guy you are, because of your strong desire to wingsuit but understanding of the reasons for waiting, for the contributions you've made to the guys in the flock, and especially for your very amazing care for me while I was in critical condition and rehab...You're already part of the flock, you just don't have your feathers yet. Was good having you in my home, at the DZ, and with the group. Glad you got some awesome jumps in. Wish your brother had been here too.
Much respect, Sargeant Miller. Can't wait to fly with you.

We're going flocking, yeah!!!! flocking.... :-D I'm so going to regret that video... B|

Ha, thx to all for a very fun boogie. I did my pseudo first wingsuit jump with Justin and Scotty Burns and had a blast. Next time I'll try not to geek the camera the whole time. B| And no my heart is not purple...

The landings were dope, love the swoop lane and carving around that power box that Scotty introduced me to. Debi, Jack and Phil did a great job keeping everything running and wanted to thank them publicly. Spot it was so very nice to see you buddy even if it was only for a few hours. When you get better, we'll all fly together. Oh, and next year I can't wait to fly my canopy, or if I get good enough, wingsuit, through that copper canyon...

Besides some weather holds, it was 100% Awesomeness...
-Trunk

HYPOXIC

We're going flocking, yeah!!!! flocking.... :-D I'm so going to regret that video... B|

Trunk, you were the best of them all in that hot tub moment
:P

or if I get good enough, wingsuit, through that copper canyon...

Good enough? you kidding me? one year is PLENTY of time. You'll be such a badass wingsuiter by next boogie. Just buy a wingsuit... NOW!! And fly the crap out of it!
Your comment just made me look through my logbook and guess what... today is my wingsuit-birthday!!! wheee!!! last year on july 13th I was doing my FFC.
The Utah event this past weekend was so awesome, I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate this!

Trunk, you were the best of them all in that hot tub moment
:P

The slow "figure 8" wobbly motion while sitting there dreaming about the "DOOOOOOORRRRRR" was pretty good. Surprisingly it was Scotty watching and not doing :)... Trunk that was awesome of you to sub in for Scotty like that!

As For Trunks flight it looked Great from the Video and what I saw from the door of their exit! I forgot to mention above that "JVC" did great on His first flight with me.... Congrats to both of you for joining the Flock...

Happy WS-B-Day there Andreea, fun flying with you to celebrate..

Scott C.

It was a great event. Lots of people came a long way from the first jumps to the last. HUGE improvements from the group. Great job people.

The after parties were stupid, Charlie would be proud, or mad. :-D

Despite weather holds I managed to do over 20 jumps this weekend. Including a Round flyby (crazy).

Today involved some really intense coach jumps with Steph Davis. She KILLED it.

Overall a great boogie and FYI.......next year will be bigger and better. already have an EVIL plan :-D

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

I heard Scott Callantine say that he was 100% unaware that she climbed, but was 100% not apossed to knowing that she was well known, nor did he totally disagree with not knowing that some people did know, or that many did not.

He explained further, but I heard what I wanted to hear and was satisfied that I completely understood what he ment to say by rationalizing my own perfect place in the world of information dissemination.

Thanks Scott,

I heard Scott Callantine say that he was 100% unaware that she climbed, but was 100% not apossed to knowing that she was well known, nor did he totally disagree with not knowing that some people did know, or that many did not.

He explained further, but I heard what I wanted to hear and was satisfied that I completely understood what he ment to say by rationalizing my own perfect place in the world of information dissemination.

Thanks Scott,

Mark, My head hurts..... :S