DSE

Freeflock Utah event

I've had a couple emails from people asking about qualifications for the Halo jumps at the Freeflock Utah event.
You must have 100 wingsuit jumps to take part in these jumps. Nothing else during the boogie carries a jump # requirement (outside the first flight course, of course). We were requiring previous HALO jump experience last year, but we learned that it's just easier to brief participants.
See ya there!

22,990 MSL (we'd like to go higher, but that's as high as we're allowed due to airspace restrictions).
We have a 2 mile clearance through the RNav airspace during our jump. The jump goes right through the middle of SLC International approach.

Would be cool to put together a big suit/max flying group that aims for the longest flight, and a speed/distance group, aiming for max time..

Sounds like an awesome boogie so far....hoping I can be there (but agenda filling up more and more with EU events indicates its going to be difficult)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

22,990 MSL

Up to 7 minutes flight is here possible. But not for every body, especially without special preparation in fitness room... :ph34r:

2 mile clearance

How you can measure it during the ws-flight? B|

through the middle of SLC International approach

Good possibility for a fly-by with an Airbus or a Boeing :D

Scott Callantine (SDCTLC) did around 6 mins on the last one.
biggest problem wasn't missing jets, it was keeping Rick from flying into fences. :-)

The Ground level is about 5000' and we had roughly a 18,000' AGL exit altitude to play with given the 22,900' MSL exit. Really nothing near that height for the first couple of miles given the terrain below with the exit on top of the mountain and then the about 2 miles you have to fly before even having a semi safe landing spot on this particular run.

The flight I did measured at approx 6.5 to 6.75 miles with a time of 4min and 15sec shown on my Neptune. Opening was between 2500' and 3000' agl giving a fall window of about 15,000' I was flying my Raptor Not bad on Distance given there was a good quartering head wind as well in the 20's

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

No announcement yet, as we're hoping for sponsor subsidizing (so it's as cheap as possible). Last year they were 55.00 with no sponsor $$

Wow. Thanks thats way better than I thought. Just trying to work out the boogie budget before the time gets too close.
Muff #5048

No announcement yet, as we're hoping for sponsor subsidizing (so it's as cheap as possible). Last year they were 55.00 with no sponsor $$

Well worth it! Spot put a lot into last years event and it sounds like this will be way better!

Scott

Talking with Spot some and WOW!! Sounds like there is some really COOL stuff planned! Otter from Zona coming up and what sounds like a fantastic group of WS'ers showing up. Should be a great weekend that I cant wait for!

Scott C.

The Freeflock Utah event is still on!!! I spoke with Jack yesterday and all the events planned WILL BE HAPPENING!

Scott Callentine and myself will be organizing the wingsuits.

Events planned:

Fun Flocks
Two way seqentials (possible 3 way baton pass)
High altitude jumps
First flight courses
Record training and coaching
Copper Canyon run
and more..........

Spot will hopefully be able to make a guest appearance.

Scott and I will be at the dropzone early friday morning, so get out there early.

I will have all the newest Tonysuit designs available for your demoing pleasure.

so lets start the list...........again.

1. Purple MIke
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

001. ScottyBurns.com
1. Purple MIke
2. Andreea
3. Jsho
4. BSR-Big Sexy Redhead (its only a reccommendation)

Dont Miss this one guys, some amazing visuals at a Kick butt dropzone... U really want to be in these pictures....... Come fly the friendly mormon skies of Utah with us~ the Canyon run will make you feel like your base jumping... quite nice

See yall there!

Scotty
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography