chrisgray

CAROLINA FEST 2009 WS Big-Way Skills Camp

CAROLINA FEST 2009 (June 2 MON. – June 7 SUN.)

Skydive Carolina
1903 King Air Drive
Chester, SC 29706

Wingsuit Activities
• BIG-WAY Training Camp (Preparation for World Record Qualifier Events)
• Wingsuit Flocking SC State Record (Goal is a 16 way Diamond)
• First Flight Courses (Classroom Seminars and Coach Jumps)
• Wingsuit DEMOS & SALES (Tony Suits & S-Fly)
• 1 to 1 Coaching Available (Limited slots available)

Wingsuit Calendar of Events
• THURSDAY JUNE 4
o First Flight Course Seminar: This is a 1 hour seminar that covers all aspects of a safe and fun first wingsuit flight. Afterwards each participant will have a first flight jump with an instructor. Classroom seminar is FREE and the student only needs to cover the instructors slot and pack job cost. 200 jump min. requirement. If you are under the 200 jump requirement you are still welcome to participate in the classroom session of the seminar.
o Wingsuit Load Organizing ALL DAY: Flocking, BIG-WAY Skills progression & Baton Pass jumps, FUN jumps. The emphasis will be on BIG-WAY flocking but we will organize to suit the wants and needs of all the flyers and skill levels.

• FRIDAY JUNE 5
o First Flight Course Seminar: This is a 1 hour seminar that covers all aspects of a safe and fun first wingsuit flight. Afterwards each participant will have a first flight jump with an instructor. Classroom seminar is FREE and the student only needs to cover the instructors slot and pack job cost. 200 jump min. requirement. If you are under the 200 jump requirement you are still welcome to participate in the classroom session of the seminar.
o Wingsuit Load Organizing ALL DAY: Flocking, BIG-WAY Skills progression & Baton Pass jumps, FUN jumps. The emphasis will be on BIG-WAY flocking but we will organize to suit the wants and needs of all the flyers and skill levels.

• SATURDAY JUNE 6
o Wingsuit Load Organizing ALL DAY: Flocking & BIG-WAY Skills progression. The emphasis will be on BIG-WAY flocking.
o Wingsuit Flocking South Carolina State Record: The goal is a picture-perfect 16 Way Diamond formation. Participants will learn the skills required to make the cut for the upcoming World Record Flock in November. Qualifier events will begin in JULY. Don’t miss out on this State Record jump!!! Interested participants please send me a PM (chrisgray).

• SUNDAY JUNE 7
o First Flight Courses: 1 to 1 First Flight Courses will be available on a first come-first serve basis. Limited slots available. Please try to make it out on Thursday or Friday and participate in one of the seminars.

• More Details:
o If you have any questions please send me a PM (chrisgray) or (scottgray).
• Please visit these websites for more details:
o http://www.carolinafestboogie.com/Welcome.html
o http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/calendar/page.cgi?g=Detailed/3295.html;d=1
o http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Raeford+Parachute&n=-1&k=400000000010&sf=r&init=q&sid=3ae0cedc1fc766f58eee21d75fd8b964#/event.php?eid=34102458099
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

The list begins. Who's coming??

1. Chris Gray (LO)
2. Scott Gray (LO)
3. SimonBones (FFLO)

Yeah I'll be freeflying but I'll be there and looking forward to seeing more of the Brothers Gray B|

You guys rock! Good times comin' up

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

My flight out of Baltimore was cancelled due to a sensor failure, after spending 7 hours at the airport.
I am booked on a flight in the AM and should arrive by noon.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Seriously, in the nicest possible way, is it possible for you guys to do something without needing class it as a record / record attempt?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Regardless of what we classify it as there is one thing for sure. We'll be having fun!!

Wish you were here Zeemax.

Caw Caw!!
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Seriously, in the nicest possible way, is it possible for you guys to do something without needing class it as a record / record attempt?

Likewise, why does this offend? Even in the slightest? Its more than typical for skydivers to see what they can pull together regionally by state, nation or the world , be it RW or CRW. Why not wingsuit? Its not even the bulk topic in the post. So why the rub?

Who said it offended me? I just asked why everything needed the tag 'record'? Why not just say, 'we're hoping to build a 16 way'?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I just asked why everything needed the tag 'record'? Why not just say, 'we're hoping to build a 16 way'?

Why? Why? Dunno.

Why did both Germany and Australia recently wish to build CRW records of their own when the world record is 100? Why does someone or some group want to build a new hampshire state ( or particular dropezone) RW record when the world record is 400.

Why does anybody want a record for jumpers strictly over the age of 40,50,60? Obviously the lable record appeals to someone. I can think of one reason a group might hold a state record. To increase participation at the next boogie in the next state for that record by the usual suspects.

Why do you care?

Because we as skydivers are surrounded by some of our more competitive brothers and sisters who like to compete and have records as goals.

Easy enough not to participate if we don't want but impossible to avoid the notifications and promotions of these events. Some people put in a lot of time into creating dive pools, as an example FLB's graphics for the wingsuit artistic comp. Others spend a lot of time and money to attend these events, as an example the 71 way. You were a part of both. As skydivers with thousands of jumps, lets face it, we have been bombarded with this kind of stuff in every discipline. Its everywhere.

So why does an obscure mention of a wingsuit state attempt merrit a post of that nature? Is it the record part or the wingsuit part or the fact that the two words are combined? I'm just curious that way.:ph34r:

I'm just curious that way.[Sly]

And off walked Vectorboy with my pony...:P

I think what Macca is trying to say, is that all the records etc can tend to create this enviroment where everything needs to always be bigger and better and more than the previous thing. And thereby maybe actually accomplishing the opposite of what everyone is trying to do...while leaving the record or first statement out, might result in the same thing, only a less pretentious title (not linked to this post btw)....B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think what Macca is trying to say, is that all the records etc can tend to create this enviroment where everything needs to always be bigger and better and more than the previous thing. And thereby maybe actually accomplishing the opposite of what everyone is trying to do(not linked to this post btw)....B|

I figured it was something along these lines. While part of me wants to tell'em to man up and get over this, the sensitive pony lovin side of me will now refer to the upcoming Elsinore "thing" as a casual like minded "gathering" that might be fun. I won't use the R word.:D:D:D

As a group we could also refrain from trying to make future events more interesting or complicated or dare we say more challenging. keep things the same just with more beer and ponies.:ph34r::D:D:D

Finally recovering from the awesome time I had at this boogie!
Fun, friendly, relaxed atmosphere, great food, lots of attention to detail. Big thanks to Scott and Chris GrAy for all the great jumps, well worth the drive down from Michigan. Put this boogie on your "must go" list for next year, you won't be disappointed.