Zeemax

James Boole's accident.

As some of you may be aware, during April our good friend James Boole had an accident while filming for a Russian TV project.

Due to focussing on the subject he was filming, and while flying into a snow filled volcano he became disorientated and impacted into the ground before his BASE canopy had a chance to deploy and is extremely lucky to still be alive.

Several UK news outlets are covering the story today in typical wuffo speak, claims like 'forgot his chute' are being thrown around, which is a shame considering they were given the real details.

Anyhow, more information, and a link to the video of accident ( :o ), can be found on World Wide Wingsuit News - here

But in the mean time, get well soon J, rest up and heal fast :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Thank you for posting this. Holy crap that was close.

James best of luck and get well soon. I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Made the Dutch news today click

Always funny reading how The Sun takes the facts, turns em in to whuffo language by adding their version of how stuff works, and then having Dutch news copy the Sun as a source and do THEIR own version in Dutch..

But again...glad this all ended okay, and to still have James here..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I don't think that I'd challenge either James or Robi to a low-pull contest. But, between the two of you guys, I think James just won the prize.

I'm glad you're still with us, James. Get well soon, and wipe that smirk off your face. The Grim Reaper hates it when you smirk!

Scott

Most people fear the Grim reaper.

James loves ringing the doorbell, and then running away when he opens the door;)

I'm pretty sure James stuck around after ringing the doorbell and got into a fist fight this time ... :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

James - our thoughts and best wishes are with you. So very happy you are still with us.

Good to see the pic of you standing !! Heal fast !!
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

It's humbling watching one of the giants make a mistake. The parachute look like it changed his orientation but not his velocity (close to a drogue assisted wingsuit landing) ... heal fast and well and hopefully keep producing stuff that the rest of us just dream about.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Does this technically mean he's the first person to land a wingsuit?

No. Had the small amout of parachute he had out not changed his body orientation, he undoutedly would not be around to see his little girl grow up [:/].
His mistake was relying on someone else during this technical base jump.

Like I said, James. Heal fast, and always remember your little girl needs you. Life is about choices.....
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Stupid whuffo's; always a sensationalist spin.....and why I never bother to answer thier stupid f*cking questions anymore. Same stupid questions from a point of factual ignorance and internal fear....just change the face.

Glad we could jump together at Eloy a few years back.... those were fun jumps!

Remember the jump where you let go of the yellow caution tape and it wrapped all around Scott Callentines camera helmet? That was really funny!

Heal soon!

Journalist just so love the word 'plunged' usually combined with 'to his death' and 'from XX altitude'

Combining that with some selective quoting and sensational writing, anything is cool.
Seeing how many websites picked up this video and hosted it on their own 'amazing/funny/death' video selection is shocking (though to be expected).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

His mistake was relying on someone else during this technical BASE jump.

Isn't a skydive from an aircraft in flight using BASE gear still a skydive, and not a BASE jump, regardless of the gear used or the altitude deployed?