Deniq

Prototype "Giboline 3"

am I reading the post wrong or are you saying

you have the gps data - but are too exhausted to post it (or maybe you were too exhausted after completing the suit to get the gps data in the first place?)

you want to have a side by side comparison - but you cant lend out your suit and don't jump yourself anymore.

the prototype is so dangerous because of its awesomeness that its not safe enough for anyone to fly no matter their experience. (I think this one is my favorite. )

are you surprised that people want to see a gps track? do you think its unfair that you'd have to provide one to support the claims of your suit?

I guess I can understand being hounded for that kind of stuff to be a pain, but its hard to think that a simple gps track would be so hard when it would solve so many of the questions being asked.

hey boris!

i know there's at least one guy in this thread that's an awesome flyer; and you choose about the worst pilot to actually fly that suit.. i'm swiss like you are, i know your dilemma, and i'm very sympathic to you,

keep the spirit moving!
there ARE opportunities.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This is the biggest load of BS. If the data matched his claims he would post the data so fast it would make your head spin.

FYI, Anyone with a wife and two kids cares about the money, lol.

Also, if the real magic of the suit was internal, he would post more video without having to worry about thieves.

And last but not least, if it was just about advancing the sport, ALL INFO AND DATA WOULD BE FREELY SHARED!
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

So you still haven't answered one simple question..

How hard can it be to just post one damn jumps gps data for gods sake?!

dear Sangi, please post the GPS data of your wingsuit jumps. :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

As much of a troll as Sangi is at times, why should HE be the one to post GPS data. He never claimed he did any wingsuit jumps, not did he claim to be the one who designed, built and flew the fastest suit on the planet.

Looking at wingsuitcompetition.com the fastest score 281.88 km/h (Robert Pecknic) in a V3
The Giboline is quoted at 240 km/h (without evidence to back it up).

Even there its not the fastest suit around.
Looking at the scores, it seems there is even a Blade, Phantom and V2 that fly faster:P

Ive seen the question asked over a dozen times.
So once more..

Wil there ever be any actual proof of the performance?
Or will empty quotes, secret books distributed to VIPs and awesome marketing videos and rage aimed at wingsuit manufacturers for not buying claims that are not backed up by data be all we will even see coming from this?

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hey Butters: work for years on a projet on your own, struggle for making the dream come true, discover that people are interseted to use your work but for free and support a family at the same time, then you will make a valuable comment about the question...

All I want to keep doing the research (because there still is a lot to be developped! I was already thinking about ptototype nr 4 while achieving nr 3) is some financial support, not on the back of my family anymore. It's completely different from "wanting to make money".

I would give everything to someone passionnate and sincere, but no businessman who will take advantage. Do you understand the difference? Hope so... Best regards! :)

Gibolin from Switzerland

Oh thank you! At least some support for once, and from a fellow Swiss!!! ;)

I'm a bit tired at the moment I must admit. I've tried to get the project to be known through medias (paramag, gravity, 24heures, le Matin Bleu, etc) hoping for some positive reactions and a bit of help from the outside, but... nothing happened.
So maybe it's time to "close the chapter" in my life and go forward for some other topics. Talents can be used in many different ways...

But thanks though!

If you know any opportunities to take this project out of its grave, just let me know ok?!

Blue Sky!

Gibolin from Switzerland

Pay for some more tests with proper instruments if you want this. Sponsor me! And stop weeping for what you want: just do it yourself, smart !
You will see what it takes.

Until then, your words are just words... ("BS" as you say).
Gibolin from Switzerland

Because it doesn't show nothing at all.

Only a comparison test, testing the suit and not the pilot's skills, could be interesting for me. I'm not interested in something else. If you could sponsor me a windtunnel session, I would be ok too.

So forget about trying to prove I can break the world record with my suit. I'm not interested. I don't know the best pilot in the world.

It's pointless...

Now, if I can discuss with valuable, serious and constructive people, we will discuss around the table and speak about the results, with datas etc...

Until then, forget about it.

Do you know a website where all manufacturers show their tests' datas? I've asked them directely: nothing available.
Why should I play that silly game with different rules that them?

Let's be fair play, stop judging and be cool ...
Gibolin from Switzerland

Nobody is judging you, putting you down or doing anything.
Merely asking to back up claims with the data you have?

I had hoped to see some awesome flight performances proven.

Do you know a website where all manufacturers show their tests' datas? I've asked them directely: nothing available.

You didnt ask. And you never looked...but since you do now, wingsuitcompetition.com was the site where both PF and Tonysuits showed performance data (at competitions) before any real public announcement on suits such as the XS, Stealth2, Xbird etc where shown, or final production models where designed.

And even many 'special' prototype suits where even made/flown for those same competitions, never ment for public release. With the flight data also accesable to everyone to see. As its just performance. Results. Not building plans.

Every manufacturer you emailed asked you the same question: If we should buy your concept/design, than first show/prove with hard data what it can do? That hard data never came, and you (very public) went into the same 'poor me' defensive stance we see here, and started accusing every manufacturer of evil plans and abusive behaviour.

You mention flight data in your videos. Surely that must have shown some glide/speed that you can show without giving away the whole concept.

But you seem more interested in being the lone cowboy fighting the big evil cooperations, than actually showing you moved the sport forward a step (as you claim you did).

Now, if I can discuss with valuable, serious and constructive people,

All initial questions where constructive, and serious.
But you failed to ever step past 'marketing' and never went into serious discussion.

And any reply you post without data (sadly) shows you're most likely never going to be able to prove the amazing quoted performances either...[:/]
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Pay for some more tests with proper instruments if you want this. Sponsor me! And stop weeping for what you want: just do it yourself, smart !
You will see what it takes.

Until then, your words are just words... ("BS" as you say).

ROFL! You claimed to already have done test flights with proper instruments. How else would you know the glide ratio and speed? I'll sponsor you. Post the test data and I'll give you 2 pennies and a swift kick in the ass.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't have anything against you or your suit personally, but I do find your posts hilarious due to the astonishing contradictions and inconsistencies.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

"The 1 st flight has occured this Sunday, April 19th 2009 in Bex, Switzerland. It's been successfully measured by the Flytec 6030, a FAI certified tool. The results are beyond our wildest dreams! This is a rocket!"

There you go. These are your words, not mine "FAI CERTIFIED TOOL"
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

people, people, my friends, lets cool down...

I had a dream, one thing that I wish, is to have Jarno (Mccordia) flying Boris' (Gibolin) suit.

The result could be very good.

Sizewise he would be perfect inside that suit (the suit would be a little less tense bellywise), plus he knows how to fly.

Jarno and Boris, I would like to have both of you PM'ing each other, find a date, settle a meeting, and come and jump the suit in Bex. I will provide a couple jump tickets, plus you can sleep at home. And the dog will be happy to see you again :)

This is my wish.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed : “We hold these truths to be self-evident : that all wingsuits are created equal

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I to (though hammering the subject may not make it seem that way) had good hopes for this.
But looking up the original email conversations between Boris and PF, even there there is a sudden halt when it comes to showing for real data.

Just knowing roughly what is possible (instead of a vague 'its amazing' being all to go by) is all people ask for.

The slight belly is currently undergoing construction (downsizing:P)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Well, what else to say?

All of this is too hectic, agressive and a bit childish for me. I don't see anything constructive after this time spent to try to explain my point today on this chat. Never mind.

You know, I don't have any chute anymore, I've quit jumping a year ago after 20 years in the sport, and I don't see the fun to keep trying answering to people with that behaviour. I had my fun. Nothing to prove. Just needed some help to keep the project going forward. Do you seriously think I would have spent such a long time, energy and money for a project worth nothing? Think about it ! ...

Anybody wants to do some more tests with the prototype on their own expenses? Just let me know.

I could not do anymore tests than just one, due to many personnal factors. I was astonished by the results and so "published" to make people talk about it. And they did.
Now instead of being childish and saying blablablah, be constructive and give solutions/ new opportunities to make this prototype show its value. The measure that I have is far not enough to prove on a scientific basis, so let's forget about it ok?

I personnally don't have any time/ energy/ money left for keeping going on.

If you want to say my project is not worth, I'm ok with this. I don't know you, so what's the point? Anyone can have an opinion.
But again, I insist: do you really think I would have done all this if i was not sure it was worth it?

I maybe did some communication mistakes. But I didn't have the opportunities to break the world record to prove it was valuable. If it would have led to a future for my project, I would have tried. But I didn't have the opportunity.

Now I don't know if you've ever designed, then cut and sewed, and finally tested a prototype of your own in your life? At least, you could have some respect for that work.

But again, I don't even know your real name, so what's the point?

Anyway, if anybody has something constructive to propose after understanding what I've tried to say: let's talk on my blog.

www.gibolin.ch

Bye for now! Keep being positive, keep your dreams alive, be happy people and Aloha! ;-)

Boris vonlanthen aka "Gibolin"
Gibolin from Switzerland

Boris,
I'm happy to fly your prototype in a few situations, and have access to a testing tunnel in Utah.

You say you've nothing to prove, but I submit you do have something to prove if your wanting funding for your work while claiming it's the fastest/best/most aerodymic, etc.

Everyone's work is worth something, no doubt. Monetizing an effort is somewhat required, IMO. But making the claim without evidence is just a claim, not fact. I'm happy to help discover if your claims are fact or fiction. If they're fact, they should be easy to monetize.

I don't see anything constructive after this time spent to try to explain my point today on this chat.

What is your point?
You have the fastest suit on the planet. Just no way to show that?

If you want to say my project is not worth, I'm ok with this.

Now I don't know if you've ever designed, then cut and sewed, and finally tested a prototype of your own in your life? At least, you could have some respect for that work.

Than don't disrespect your own work.
As NOBODY else made ANY negative comments on your work, designs or performance besides the fact that (much like DSE says) you make claims. But dont state FACTS about what it can do.

A simple showing of the data that made your make the initial claims on speed, glide and performance is all it would have taken.

But instead, you go into the whole negative atmosphere and put yourself in an unrealistic underdog situation.
Can your suit fly amazingly fast, according to previous tests. Than show the test results?

Is it flaring speed? full flight? what glide angle? what (sustained) speed?
That's the info people want to see and hear, if you are trying to get them to to invest in your product.

But again, I don't even know your real name, so what's the point?

Jarno Cordia, ill gladly PM you my phone number if that puts any validity on what Im asking? What I say here online, is also what Ill say in real life.
But it is enthousiasm and love for flying I see in everyones replies.
Not the anger or hate you seem to read into it.

I was your greatest supporter initialy. But at some point, you have to realize that people cant keep believing in claims without proof.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?