Deniq

Prototype "Giboline 3"

Though cool to see, most Giboline wingsuit look like skyflyer3 variations. And though upper winds could very well result in 3.7 glide, I doubt its the actual performance of the suit itself.

But maybe Im just too much of a sceptic..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Looks like a Trigger and Rigor Mortis hybrid to me.

I havent seen the Rigor Mortis, but anyone looking at the Trigger and not knowing what he/she is looking at usually calls it a V1/2/3.

Its awesome seeing soo many wingsuit developers/designers, but sometimes its hard seeing the innovations and/or improvements on current designs already out there..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Mind posting the GPS data? Because without data, the current record is 7.0:1, so 3.7 ain't that impressive...

7? where, who, what suit? most important is there video? OMG awesome if trueB|
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Its awesome seeing soo many wingsuit developers/designers, but sometimes its hard seeing the innovations and/or improvements on current designs already out there..

A 2D shape does not make a design unique. It(balance) is a constraint if the required outcome is a suit that is easy to glide in.

The 'Gibolin' suit as I interpret from the pictures, has implemented the obvious next step of improvement on balance. Smoother wing materials.

Kris

A 2D shape does not make a design unique. It(balance) is a constraint if the required outcome is a suit that is easy to glide in.

The 'Gibolin' suit as I interpret from the pictures, has implemented the obvious next step of improvement on balance. Smoother wing materials.

Kris

Just saw a better picture of this suit in flight(on the basejumper.com website).

The balance if the suit is all wrong. It looks nothing like a V 1/2/3. More like a S1 with V suit arm wings and a Rigor Mortis style attachment and butt deflector.

Would like to see some backing for claims of the 3.7.

Kris

The balance if the suit is all wrong.
Would like to see some backing for claims of the 3.7.

the balance seems wrong to you... depends what you are looking for... He is looking for speed and glide, and apparently got really good first results.
The measures were done with FAI certified instruments.
I can't say more because I don't know more.
The pilot is certainly not the best, but not the worse either.
On the french BASE forum, some people posted that any "superior-average"pilot could then reach 5:1 glide with that suit :D
Leave them a chance... It's a fucking fast suit.. And it's cool to see that some people, over brand wars, do stuff with their heads and their hands, and manage to get pretty good results, big smiles and fly with their own wings
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I am speaking about balance for speed and glide. If that suit can do 3.7 with that pilot in no wind, I will pay the manufacturer £500. How about that? Fair enough?

3.7 is more than anyone has measured in a competition. No one has proved flying 3.0 in no wind. It is natural to be skeptical.

Brand wars? Robi won't sell me a suit. So what company do I represent?

Kris

I am speaking about balance for speed and glide. If that suit can do 3.7 with that pilot in no wind, I will pay the manufacturer £500. How about that? Fair enough?

3.7 is more than anyone has measured in a competition. No one has proved flying 3.0 in no wind. It is natural to be skeptical.

Kris

If I were you Id rather take that back. Glide 3.7, but how long?

Kris

If I were you Id rather take that back. Glide 3.7, but how long?

Thanks for the advice :S.

After consideration of that I have raised the amount to £1000.

Kris

Awesome! As soon as the prototype has proved to be safe enough to fly with someone nearby, it'll be possible (with a videoman fast enough)! But there is also another consideration: the brand wars. If I want a manufacturer to get interested into taking my concept into industrial production, I need to stay "discreet" about some technical details on pics and videos (that's why they are still so "boring" to watch ;-). The 1st press release was done to "wake up" the WS community. After that, all the rest of the work is to be done (a big task!). To be continued...
Gibolin from Switzerland

I wish I could tell you more about it mate, 'cause it's a passionnate subject I've been working on for the last 8 years! I can't tell too much for the moment because I'm dealing with a manufacturer those days, trying to transfer my ideas into industrial production. In 2 words; I've been taking this point as a basis: the human body has anatomical limits for flying (I'm also a physiotherapist). From that point, I've been helped by a physicist for the max performances and a very experienced jumper for the security (Yves Rossy), and also the knowledge of my 2 previous prototypes I've learnt to fly with at 1st. A sail manufacturer has also helped me for the materials and realisation. The goal was to achieve a WS with great performances and more comfortable than the previous ws of the market, due to muscular strenght. And we did it! Another new design of WS won't be a ws anymore because of the anatomical limits of the human body. But there would be other options though... ;) . So this Giboline 3 prototype has improvements in the balance and so the position you'll have in the air, among many other things that I can't tell for the moment. Sorry. Keep your good spirit and aloha!

Btw: the Giboline 3 has been shaped the same way as a surfboard, and with the same spirit!...

Gibolin from Switzerland

Awesome! As soon as the prototype has proved to be safe enough to fly with someone nearby, it'll be possible (with a videoman fast enough)!..

If its forward speed you got, Ill give it a shot... Ive got a very large gravity engine these days.... come over to the US and Ill chase you~ and get the vid~ cool suit bro~
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

bump ... anyone know the deal with this suit? @Gibolin.... if you have put the project to rest and have no intenton of picking back up ... how about sharing the wisdom... what makes your suits so fast.... what have you done in terms of materials? I am really really curious