elias123

Fly The Line 2

Here I will give you my opinion of the movie, keep in mind I that have only 125 skydives, so really I know next to nothing about wingsuiting or video-editing. As soon as Fly The Line 2 arrived, it went from my hands to the DVD player instantly and I must have seen it 3 times by now at least. Compared to Fly the Line 1, Fly The Line 2 looks like it's been made in Hollywood. There are 4 sections. Every section is in high definition and very good quality!
The first part is the film itself, 'Fly The Line 2'. Some very nice jumps edited together with some nice tunes. Mostly V3's used I think, but I'm not sure of that.
The second part, 'Flights 2', are all the individual jumps from the first part shown one after another. Again mostly V3's were used here used I think. The music here is very well chosen in my opinion! Personally I think it is also a very big plus that every jump is shown individually so that the viewer can really view the jump from exit to pilot chute extraction/pitch/deployment. Another very cool option is that if you change the 'language' of the DVD in this chapter, you can hear the actual RAW audio footage of every jump, which I personally think is awesome!
The third part is a movie called 'Terrain Flying 2007' A compilation of jumps made in 2007 using V3's I belive and using all the same camera angles, Belly Mounted Cameras. I believe this video is also viewable/available on the web.
The fourth part is called 'taking it slow', A compilation of jumps from the DVD. This Part was edited by Jarno Cordia and he did a very nice job at that. I hope to jump, with him sometime in my life.

The entire DVD gave me spine shiverings at almost every jump. The combination of video footage with the chosen music and locations chosen is just sublime to say the least. If you are a BASE jumper, BASE enthusiast, or a flying squirrel fan, then this DVD is a MUST have for every single one of you.
This is wingsuit flying at it's best, there are so many things we can still do and explore in this sport.
I hope that some day I can make a tribute to that.
I can't wait till fly The Line 3 comes out ;-)

Blues everyone, and above all safe and fun flights!
eli :)!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Having seen the film quite a few times already (I did the dvd menus, one short edit and some title work) I can honestly say this thing impressed me, and still does every time I put it on (for both whuffos and exp. skydivers)

Roberts flying, combined with Bois editing...its truly awe-inspiring watching the flying (Id call it wingsuit mountain carving...).

Definitily a must see..
And yes..Ill probablyy get labeled biased as can be due to my PF allience, but working on a video or DVD poject, im usually sick of it by the time its done. And even I keep popping this one back iinto the DVD player time and time again...

Must watch dvd!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I got my copy yesterday and of course had to watch the DVD imediatly...

After Fly the line 1 I did not think this can be toped. But it’s possible! Fly the line 2 takes the terrain flying a step further. Breathtaking jumps in terms of flying so close you can almost see the ants on the rocks and also breathtaking from the scenery. There are lots of jumps that no one has seen (or jumped) before.

This DVD is not just for BASE Jumpers, it is for all kind of Wingsuit pilots. Watching this DVD made me realize that this discipline of BASE Jumping actually only has the Exit in common with the conventional BASE Jumping. Here the focus clearly is the flying the body(in a very extreme way). BASE is just the tool that allows to do this extreme stuff. It is Wingsuit flying in its purest form where the pilots actually can measure (in relation to the fixed object) how they are flying.

Also very nice editing. And the 3-D Phoenix Fly symbol at the beginning is first class Hollywood B|

Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

This video is simply amazing - the flights / the scenery / the numerous camera angles all come together for one of the most professionally done skydiving videos to date.

This obviously was not just a home edit job but something where it appears professionals were brought in to take this video from great to amazing - after watching the video it will leave you in awe and wishing you could have the kind of fun Robi and his crew enjoy.

There are video angles from a belly mount camera / foot mount camera / front and rear facing head mount and it all comes together nicely
Check it out if you get a chance - you will not be disappointed

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I can only say that FTL 2 shows hands down THE best wingsuit footage ever recorded. the camera angles are absolutley revolutionary, the flying is so radical it takes your breath away and the places are some of the most beautiful in europe. anyone who´s ever thought about wingsuit flying will be amazed, its out of this world!!:)

Well Voodew if the DVDs take as long as it takes to get a V3 you all might be waiting 7 months +.:( Yes not called for but I dont care.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

Simple. Want the best? Wait in the PF line like the rest. ;) I did not count the many months of lead time because I know I can count on the performance and quality.

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Well Voodew if the DVDs take as long as it takes to get a V3 you all might be waiting 7 months +.:( Yes not called for but I dont care.

I just ordered a Vampire 3 and was given a lead time of 9 to 10 weeks. That's nothing ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

MexPilot, after the initial release of the V3, there was a big wave of orders that has led to a slight increase in leadtime.

With the production of wingsuits being spread over several facilities, most order suits in the PF line-up currently have a leadtime of +- 3 weeks or so.
Once the initial batch of orders on the V3 are up and flying, those will also go back to the normal estemated 4-6 weeks. Most people that got caugh in the initial overflow seem to be waiting the around 2 months at the moment (roughly the same time you'd be waiting when you order a rig or custom canopy at other gear-manufacturer).

That aside, comments on leadtimes, and problems you might have with an order you placed will always be better replied to when directly contacting the manufacturer.

Back to the orginal topic, for those eager to see FlyTheLine2, we will have a nice premiere at Flock&Dock5 this coming saterday.
We also hand-delivered the huge box of NTSC dvds to Morpheus Tech. for all US orders. So ordering the DVD, it will be on your doorstep within a few days.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

"Most people that got caught in the initial overflow seem to be waiting the around 2 months at the moment"

Really? 2 months is 8 weeks. How many people have received their V3s in 8 weeks?

"That aside, comments on leadtimes, and problems you might have with an order you placed will always be better replied to when directly contacting the manufacturer."

Ha ha ha ha ha.... Jarno, you're a great guy, but don't let being sponsored skew your common sense. All my inquiries have been futile.

Phoenix-Fly designs and makes top-notch suits, so that's their saving grace. But it benefits the potential customer for PF's fraudulent claims of order fulfillment times to be publicly exposed.
Brian Drake

Ha ha ha ha ha.... Jarno, you're a great guy, but don't let being sponsored skew your common sense.

My commen sense is in perfect working order.

The dozen or so orders Ive handled since Januari have made it to costumers within 3 weeks (phantom2/Ghost2 and others) and two V3s have made it to their owner in roughly 3 months (ordered in Januari, delivered end of March)

The people waiting for their V3s at the moment, depend on several factors (size, and at which point their s/m/l size-template went into active production for the V3), and the simple matter that its one of the most detailed and costum made cuts out of all wingsuits available.
And there are quite a few people who pre-ordered their suit before the first design prototype was even announced/flying.

So far I know of several horror stories from every single manufacturer. People having issues with their suit (other brand) in terms of having to send it back several times due to size/production or just waiting problems.

The simple truth is (robert is sitting next to me) there is a huge load of orders, exceeding the normal line-up of orders (and lead-times coupled to that).

Not all dealer are aware of whats happening on a day to day basis in the factory, thus sometimes situations such as the current one can arrise.

When most people placed their initial order, the quoted leadtimes where 100% accurate and honest. But at the moment, there is just a waitinglist, and the suits are being put out as fast as possible. Both on the PF and Morpheus website this will be adressed/changed soon.

But to everyone his or her own oppinion and reasoning for their current situation.

I know everyone is quite happy to promote their own prefered manufacturer, and happy to discredit others. Though quite obvious, some being more active against certain manufacturers than others.

Simple fact of the matter is, these issues could and should just be mailed to PF directly. And you will always get an honest answer with regards to when your suit is expected to be delivered.

But give it a few months and the overflow will be worked out of the system, and the V3s people ordered will be flying of the cliffs and out of airplanes.

Any questions on the aforementioned subject and leadtimes will gladly be answered via email or PM.

That aside, the biggest shame is this thread on some of the most impressive wingsuit flying Ive seen since Loics mountainswoop on DVD years back, had to be turned onto this subject.

The DVDs are ready for sending for anyone interested in seeing, and we will have a small premiere at F&D tomorrow evening.

I am proud to have been part with a small graphic portion of this production, and hope many people get to enjoy the DVD soon, without the additional drama people seem to want to insert into the subject here.

All the best
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Back on-topic, I'll just echo what everyone else said - the flights in this film are amazing. The production values are high, and the overall movie has several breathtaking moments.

I own a copy of the original Fly the Line, and have to say, I thought it was a decent WS BASE film. But FtL2 takes proximity flying to a new level. Even beyond the breathtaking Seven Sunny Days clip that we've all been emailed a million times.

I highly recommend checking it out.
Signatures are the new black.

It was fantastic seeing the film on the big screen at Flock and dock. It put you "right there". Some of the flying is simply terrifying. Amazing stuff that definitely took balls of steel to pull off. The secondary Point Of View flying of Robi maxxed the fuck out in his V3 is fantastic as well. Flat as a board and hauling ASS. Great stuff.

Chuck

It was fantastic seeing the film on the big screen at Flock and dock. It put you "right there". Some of the flying is simply terrifying. Amazing stuff that definitely took balls of steel to pull off. The secondary Point Of View flying of Robi maxxed the fuck out in his V3 is fantastic as well. Flat as a board and hauling ASS. Great stuff.

Chuck

Good news, I was left wanting more secondary Point Of View in Fly The Line.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Hey guys, I finally was able to see this film and I have to tell you~ WOW.. Robi takes it up a notch and shows us all the reasons why we do what we do.. Some of the most breathtaking scenery and ballsy jumps you ever have, or ever will see. This video is a must have for every wingsuit enthusiast. Bar none the best Wingsuit Base video ever made. See for yourself and order a copy~ Heck order two for that matter, that way youve always got one at home and another at the bar of your local DZ~

PS~ it does look cool as hell on a 12 foot screen too BTW~

Scotty Burns
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography