PhoenixRising

Kamloops May Meet

Hey everyone,

May 15-17 2009 at Kamloops Skydivers in B.C. is the May meet. They bring in a Twin otter From Kapowsin. This year Scott Callantine and Myself will be Organizing. Aerodyne Research Is bringing me in as a guest L.O.

We are planning to do some really cool dives, including baton passes, docking jumps and even a provincinal record. Scott Is our newest Team captain for the world record. This will be a small skills camp for anyone interested in joining the team in November. I will have printed World Record Checklists,so those interested can start the process of qualifying.

We are also offering First Flight Courses and Personal Coach jumps.

I will have a large Fleet of Tonysuit Wingsuits for free demo. (Including the new Thunderbird):)
Aerodyne Will be on site also giving out free Demo canopies and Rigs.

If for no other reason come up and jump for the views. B.C. is a very beautiful place to jump.

See you there!!!

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

If you have not been to this boogie you should go! It is lots of fun and a great group of people. I am looking forward to getting some Canadian Flock and dare we say shoot for a Canadian record??? I even heard a rumor that in addition to Justin being there, Scotty "Mr hey my pictures are in ANOTHER magazine this month" Burns is thinking about showing up as well.. I have not heard if Purple was going to be there following the camera around to get into all the pictures :P but who knows!

http://isleofskye.us/08Kamloops/album/index.html

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I will be in Seattle Wed night, driving to Kamloops thurs. So I and all the suits will be available friday morning. Looking forward to it!!

Justin

I will have a few suits I am bringing up as well that will also be up for flights on Friday! Should be a fantastic time and looking forward to getting some fun flocks in the air!

Scott

Talked with Greg F. tonight to discuss a few of the plans I have for the weekend... Looks like a good # of Canadian Birds will be in attendance and I am looking forward to some skills building and a B.C. if not Canadian Flock record.. Great views and a FUN weekend lets get the BC Birds (and anywhere in the area ;)) out, flying and starting off 2009 RIGHT!!

A bunch of Suits for flying will be available so come on out and fly....

Scott C.

Just got my tickets~ and Im looking forward to the Scenery and Flockers i dont ever get to see~ it should be a great time all!

Scotty

Do we have a list or an idea of how many birdies will be there?
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Coming up in less then 10 Days! The Kapowsin Air Sports Otter should be Flying Friday Morning to Monday Afternoon... In talking with a number of people, it sounds like a little mini invasion North of Wingsuit Pilots! The Kamloops Vibe has always great and it should offer up some outstanding WS jumps, especially if all the people that are talking about going show up!

Looking forward to a good amount of Fun Flocks (from easy to more technical), Maybe even a Canadian Flock Record???? Also available will be Coaching and FFC's for people qualified and interested! If you want info in getting on the 100 way Wingsuit Big Way planned for November, I will have info on that for you as well...

Come on out to beautiful B.C. Canada!! :)
Scott C.

getting ready to pack, and watching the weather.

anybody know if there is camping at the airport?

I sold my van (probably bad timing) and am coming up with a car and a tent. Dont really feel like putting down for a hotel when I'll be jumping all day long.

anybody know if there is camping at the airport?

Across the street from the airport and DZ is a huge field that people use for Tents and Campers. Basically cross the street and you are at the DZ....

boogie was great.

thanks to Scott C, Justin, and Scotty Burns for coming out, I know I had a great time, and a few from down south were impressed with the canadian space shuttle.

We filled half the plane on most loads, and though varying degrees of rust was shaken off by the canadian pilots, I think everyone learned a lot and we got some nice flocks in.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. I know Scotty got some good pics so I'm sure there will be some evidence of a good time.

--i can ride my bike with no handle bars

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I can keep a beat with no metronome, nooo metronome

Seriously. What a GREAT boogie. One of the best I have been to. Scary rolls with scott, SUPER burbles. and no handle bars.

The Canadians know how to drink beer, and show a good time. We were doing some very nice flocks. Even with the birds in Canadia :-) shaking the rust off the skills shown were impressive.

Scott an I spent the weekend building and fine tuning peoples skills reading them for the record attempt. It was impressive to see how well all the birds progressed. Kamloops.....a new Birds paradise.

The First ever Canadian Space Shuttle was launched on Sat night, and all involved got to experience orbit.

There will be some SIIIICK stills form Scotty B and video to follow from me.

Great Job guys and thanks to all who came out and made it fun.

p.s.
Three new birds joined the flock, and FOUR new T-Birds will be added to the Canada Scene.

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

boogie was great.

thanks to Scott C, Justin, and Scotty Burns for coming out, I know I had a great time, and a few from down south were impressed with the canadian space shuttle.

We filled half the plane on most loads, and though varying degrees of rust was shaken off by the canadian pilots, I think everyone learned a lot and we got some nice flocks in.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. I know Scotty got some good pics so I'm sure there will be some evidence of a good time.

--i can ride my bike with no handle bars

Awesome Weekend! Lots of jumps and really some nice flying by the "Rusty" Canadians! With the lack of jumping in the winter, so they say, how in the world do they practice the after hours proficiency?? :S It was good times day and night.

The days really offered up some great weather and great opportunity to get our flock on.... There are some good things happening in BC I must say... This is the first May Meet I have been to that almost had more Wingsuits then any other single discipline, it was fun. The group was really getting better (think about above mentioned rust) and started dialing it in.. I think the flock will be a fantastic group to go play with...

Many thanks go to the Skydive Kamloops for the opportunity to come up again this year. A special thanks / recognition to the whole group involved in that club as they are flat out a fantastic group of dedicated jumpers! I will be looking forward to next year :)

I only got to see some of Scotty's pics but what I saw had some good looking shots.. Thanks to "Flock U" and Tony Suits for the support on Suits...... Also to Les and Cookie supporting the boogie with some great Aerodyne stuff...

Looking forward to flocking with you guys soon..

Scott C.