Heffro1

Skydive Photographers

These are some of the best photographers I have had the pleasure to work with over the past few years.

Scotty Burns
Harry Parker
Matt Hoover
Norman Kent
Craig O'Brien
Mark Harris

and there are many more

Please visit their websites and support them by buying a picture or three.

The cameras they use to capture stunning pictures cost a lot of money on top of all
the incidental equipment and gear they must regularly buy.

The prices they charge are very reasonable by professional photography standards.

If you were to hire a professional photographer you would be surprised at how much they charge
just to stand on the ground, or maybe a ladder, to take the shots you want.

The skydive photography industry is a tough business that not only requires
buying cameras and accessories, but also becoming a licenced skydiver,
buying and maintaining very expensive gear and gaining the experience
to be able to safely shoot great pictures while flying.

So please support your local skydive photographer and buy some of their work.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Here Here!!! Now that is a great Post. Great call Jeff. Seriously Guys
anyone who has been in a magazine because of these guys should have a print that they bought hanging on the wall. (except business partners):D

Here is a green Beer to the Guys that Make us look pretty even when were ugly.

Happy St. Patricks day

Justin

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Scotty Burns
Harry Parker
Matt Hoover
Norman Kent
Craig O'Brien
Mark Harris
Please visit their websites and support them by buying a picture or three.

IMO the good work these guys put out helps spread word (picture worth a thousand words) of our discipline and get more people into it which in turn funds the factories to get us better suits.:)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I AGREE!

As written in my response to another post / thread:

I will pay GOOD MONEY for nice stills; enlarged, developed, and UPS'd to my door; but only to a certain price point.

Scotty Burns got a great shot of me in wingsuit flight over a blanket of clouds on a sunset load over Elsinore. I adore this photograph; its an instant conversation starter for guests who visit my home and a point of personal pride and satisfaction. Even my fighter pilot brother finds the shot totally bad ass. The shot is better than any of the fighter aircraft shots on his " I love me wall" at his house. To me photos like these are worth the money.

Ever buy a high quality Nikon or Canon and the lenses that come with it? Then accessorize the camera helmet so you don't lose the gear? Its a shitload of money! Ask my wingman Nuclear Nick who lost a Nikon D-2000 and the FishEye wideangle including the PC-1000 video camera on a hard riser strike to the helmet.

Oh yeah, then there is the time spent on the ground post edit in Adobe Photoshop when the photographer could be doing something else other than "working". It can be a real hassle. You are giving up time to do something else. I strongly value time spent on something.

Ocassionaly I shoot stills in the air and on the ground. I am so busy I don't have time to learn Adobe Photoshop. I just take the card out of my camera, make some nice 8 x 10's at the photo kiosk Costco; and share some nice photos between friends; no charge....no performance expectations. The photos are warmly recieved gifts and definately keep a good vibe going.

Its hard to make a living at freefall photography; no high volume commercial demand. Even our "best" have other jobs and don't really live "high off the hog" taking freefall photos. At best its a labor of love and a way to capture and share the moment.

There is a saying in photography; like prostitution its hard to make money as a "pro" when the amateurs give it away for free.

I want the photographers in our sport to at least cover his/her equipment expenses and the time they put forward on Adobe Photoshop. I want to at least make it worth thier while to keep it up.

Many years ago I had an aquarium installation and maintenance business on the side of my "normal job" just to support the huge reef aquarium I had at home.

So I understand where the freefall photographer who has spent a lot of money on equipment and time developing the craft is coming from.

To me freefall photography is a craft, passion, and labor of love. Its a great way to at least pay for and break even in what is a relatively a very expensive hobby; skydiving.

So I'm willing to pay! I'm gonna make it worth a photographers time so they will keep taking pictures.

So I don't think its wrong for photographers to ask a price. Let them offer a price if they would like.

These are some of the best photographers I have had the pleasure to work with over the past few years.

xxxxxxx

and there are many more

If there are many more, why are you mentioning only few of them? Personal interest?
This is pure advertising... and this topic belongs to Photo & Video....

Administrators???

I guess this could be looked at as advertising, but the fact is these guys are not making a tons of money.

So giving them some exposure benefits every skydiver that will jump with them.

You can only go so long not making a profit in this sport before you have to take a normal job.

I have actually worked with all of these wingsuit photographers and did not have the time to research every other photographer out there.

If you know one not on the list buy some of their pictures, that way they will be out at the DZ to film you the next time you jump.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits

It's more appropriate where the people who are being photographed can see it, vs the ones taking the photographs.
I'm not sure how it can be seen as advertising (Jeff, are you receiving funds for mentioning that wingsuit photographers are often over looked by wingsuiters?)

Trust me, in the Photo/Video forum, we KNOW what we're worth. The difficulty lies ingetting everyone else to realize it.:P

You can only go so long not making a profit in this sport before you have to take a normal job.

You say that like its a bad thing ---- working a 'normal' job and having material things is a choice, so is not having a real job (working as a professional skydiver) and bitchin' because you don't have any money.

I personally don't feel sorry for the ones that try to make a living skydiving - I work my ass off at a normal job don't drink every night - get up at the crack of dawn and because of this I eat steak and lobster while the pro skydiver eats beenie weenies
If you chose the beenie weenies so be it, just stop feeling sorry for the choice you made and how you can't get a head

Someday the pro skydiver will be done skydiving and then have to figure out what he/she is going to do next.
Then I guess you'll get my money in the form of welfare that my taxes pay for

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Do beenie weenies taste good with a 1997 Silver Oak Cab?

Do Texicans stir up shit?:P

Damn that was probably over your head so the answer is:
everything tastes good with beenie weenies

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I'm not sure how it can be seen as advertising

So you're saying Jeff's original post is in no way to "advertise or solicit other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services for that purpose through this discussion forum."? That's an interesting interpretation.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

You say that like its a bad thing

No you took it that way, normal jobs are not bad

---- working a 'normal' job and having material things is a choice, so is not having a real job (working as a professional skydiver) and bitchin' because you don't have any money.

No bitching here, just clarifying things

I personally don't feel sorry for the ones that try to make a living skydiving - I work my ass off at a normal job don't drink every night - get up at the crack of dawn and because of this I eat steak and lobster while the pro skydiver eats beenie weenies

That is good, I really don't like beenie weeinies though.

If you chose the beenie weenies so be it, just stop feeling sorry for the choice you made and how you can't get a head

Not feeling sorry for these photographers, I just don't want to see someone devalue their work on a public forum that lots of their potential customers see, that's all

Someday the pro skydiver will be done skydiving and then have to figure out what he/she is going to do next.

That is deep

Then I guess you'll get my money in the form of welfare that my taxes pay for

I guess so, a pre-thank you is in order then
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits

"please support those that support you" is no more nor less interesting than "That bastard is trying to get us to buy photos."

You don't agree it's a nice gesture to remind folks that there are several professionals providing a memory of a specific jump(s)?

If it's worth posting "XXX has a new blah-blah product, check it out," it doesn't seem any different than saying "check out the photosites of the guys that captured photos of our skydive."

The photos are obviously worth something; one only has to look on Skydivernetwork, Facebook, Myspace, and other social sites to see boatloads of stolen photos. I'm aware of at least 50 of my own. I'd probably give them away, but it sure is nice to have someone say "Damn, that's a nice photo, can I have/buy/use it?"

In the Photo forum, myself and others routinely post "Check out the new XXX from Cookie/Canon/Nikon/Tonfly/Bonehead/Bevsuit/SkySystemsUSA/
Hypoxic/CamEye/TheRanch/Sony/NormanKent/WesRich/
Manfrotto/ReallyRightStuff/whatever.

Obviously, we're reading the OP differently.

[edited to fix line return]

Here Here!!! Now that is a great Post. Great call Jeff. Seriously Guys
anyone who has been in a magazine because of these guys should have a print that they bought hanging on the wall. (except business partners):D

Here is a green Beer to the Guys that Make us look pretty even when were ugly.

Happy St. Patricks day

Justin

Hey, don't speak for all of us Justin. I always look good in photos of me in the sky. :D

well Skittles, I will say, you do look better in the air than you did the first time i met you laying on the concrete at SDC, so you do have a good point.. man i wish i had a copy of the skittles pic to post.... :P
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography