k2xblade

Jump#'s/Tunnel time/Wingsuiting

yes i've read about those and many others already. I wasnt asking how many jumps do i need, i know thats in the FAQs, i was just getting advice on my situation......

anyways, this is getting repetitive, thanks to those who gave me good input, hope to see you flying one day

yes i've read about those and many others already. I wasnt asking how many jumps do i need, i know thats in the FAQs, i was just getting advice on my situation......

your orginal question was
So now i have this wingsuit, and i really dont want to wait until i have 200 jumps to fly it, but i'm not trying to say "oh i'm a good flyer forget what everyone else says ill jump it now"

I really can't believe that you read those about those fatalities and then turn around and ask does the 200 jump minimum apply to me just because you have some tunnel time (which does nothing for emergency procedures and being familiar with the gear).
Good luck with that
Kirk
He's dead Jim

again, i never said i was going to jump it at 50, 75, or even 100 jumps, i was just looking for advice. You shouldnt assume things

Nor have you said that you wouldn't jump it at 50, 75, or even 100 jumps.

Nor have you said "ok, I will wait until 200 jumps."

Since you're not making your own plan very clear, we have to make assumptions, and we make them based on the fact that we've seen this same thing over and over. So, will you agree to wait until 200 jumps? If so then we can stop assuming things about you.

10:14AM anybody think that 100-150 jumps is unreasonable?

12:10PM I wasnt asking how many jumps do i need

Your memory is very short...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

i was talking about my first post, but yes your right i asked afterwards, i stand corrected. And yes i have read those but i thought asking couldnt hurt (boy was i wrong), but some of those fatalities are mistakes i cant believe people would make...forget to put your leg straps on?? Does that happen a lot? Again i speak from no experience....obviously

I wasnt trying to be billy badass "Oh i've got tunnel time i can jump it now" i was simply stating my experience and what was on my mind so i could get some advice, why attack me?

this place is vicious

I was web surfing over at Shoezone.com and came across this post:

"I work at a large retail shoe store and am really good at it. I've even spent some time with a local Podiatrist, so I really know how shoes are supposed to fit. My dilemma is this: I'm planning to run a marathon. Do I still need to train?"

Even though tunnel time is very beneficial in developing certain skills, really none of those skills apply to wingsuiting. Think about it--how many wingsuits have you seen in the tunnel?

I have a BLADE and it's an excellent wingsuit. Find an excellent drawer to put it in until you have the recommended jump numbers, experience and training.

Really.

geez.. i know i KNOW tunnel time does not apply to wingsuiting.....i was just letting you know my experience in there so someone (who's nice) could give me accurate advice

anyways.....point taken...nothing else needed, thanks

...an that shoe store thing is totally different, the blade has been and will be stored for awhile...i got the picture, wasnt plannin on putting it on this weekend

i was just letting you know my experience in there so someone (who's nice) could give me accurate advice

You'd be better off with people who would risk being "mean" (hurting your feelings) to prevent a serious injury to your body. Your feelings will recover a lot faster.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

you didnt attack me, i know this place is honest, i wasnt expecting a "sure your fine go jump it", i expected the answers i got but maybe not in such a rude "your an idiot" type of way

It could be quite hard to find a WS instuctor in US who would give you an FFC.

You may find someone in East-Europe or Russia who would train you. You might get it smooth with money. You can buy fancy big wings..... Is that the thing you want to have? ....

.... Can you buy a new life if you fail to save your own?

I was web surfing over at Shoezone.com and came across this post:

"I work at a large retail shoe store and am really good at it. I've even spent some time with a local Podiatrist, so I really know how shoes are supposed to fit. My dilemma is this: I'm planning to run a marathon. Do I still need to train?"

HAHAHA. Good analogy.
"Power lines, they were just everywhere... and I remember thinking at that point I'm going, you know, I just survived my chute malfunction and now I'm going to hit power lines" - Scott Lutz

geez.. i know i KNOW tunnel time does not apply to wingsuiting.....i was just letting you know my experience in there so someone (who's nice) could give me accurate advice

That's totally contradictory. If you knew that tunnel time does not apply, then there would have been no need to state your tunnel experience in order to get advice for wingsuiting. And lets face it, your first post was using your tunnel experience as an excuse for you being able to start wingsuiting before you reach the recommended jump numbers, and with a higher performance suit than recommended. If you now try and say otherwise, you're only kidding yourself.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Unfortunately, that comment isn't remotely accurate...

One wingsuiter I'm familiar with has commented in these very forums that he can look at someone's skills, not jump numbers, and know if they are ready to jump a wingsuit. That seems to be somewhat common.

Unfortunately, that comment isn't remotely accurate...

One wingsuiter I'm familiar with has commented in these very forums that he can look at someone's skills, not jump numbers, and know if they are ready to jump a wingsuit. That seems to be somewhat common.

I was in his shoes. I got ~180-200 jumps and I wanted to fly. Local requirement is 250 jumps.
I got plans to travel to Estonia and have FFC there...

Sit in a corner and cry?B|
(think he was replying to DSE, not to your comment on going to Estonia for instruction)

You and your constructive solution. B|

I'd rather buy and fly a track suit if I would not have enough jumps for FFC.

I've seen proof when hardcore trackers got better glide than others in wing suits.....

I usually don't chime in on the WS forum that often since I'm not a WS'er, but I used to work at a tunnel and I can tell you from being in very similar shoes to yours that you should still follow all BSR's when it comes to anything in the sport. Yea, you can fly your balls off for somebody with 30 jumps, but does that mean you can follow a tandem out? Probably shouldn't. Do a wingsuit jump? Probably not. Be on a 100 way record head down jump? Probably not. The tunnel does not substitute for the experience that comes with the actual skydives. The tunnel does not enhance your situational awareness from all aspects; IE: emergency procedures, gear checks, etc. You need to be so familiar with your gear, not just your flying, that you can get through any procedure in your sleep like its second nature. Once you have that experience, which the USPA has found to be around 200 skydives within the year, then you should be able to master those procedures with the added, and sometimes overwhelming, obsticle of a wingsuit. When you think about things like this, don't just think about it for yourself and for your safety, but instead do it for the safety of everybody else on the load with you that took the time to follow the rules and BSR's that you could possibly kill because you're pulling a stunt with your "mad skillz." :S

Have you searched the incidents forum yet for 100 jump wonder accidents (wingsuit and other accidents too)? Might be humbling moment or two if you did that before you make any decisions in the future....

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)