yuri_base

D/L Hall of Fame

ok Loic can out fly anyone in a small suit, but we're not all 6.4 and 130 pounds [a guess :)
I'm a little, fat, old man.... do ya think I would have won a distance event in a small suit?

you now have your chances as he quit jumping :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ok Loic can out fly anyone in a small suit, but we're not all 6.4 and 130 pounds [a guess :)
I'm a little, fat, old man.... do ya think I would have won a distance event in a small suit?

you now have your chances as he quit jumping :P

Quit? thought he was just down cos he busted his ass swooping a canopy down a hill
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

he quit ! no more base or skydive for Loic !:( he took this decision a few weeks ago !

wow, did his body not heal? he was flying the otter when I was in Gap last summer, he just doing that now?

tonysuits.com

he quit ! no more base or skydive for Loic !:( he took this decision a few weeks ago !

Serious? Wow. Why?

A Babel translation of what's in the French forum sounds like a combination of the broken back and the family.

Fair decision, but still very sad to hear it[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you've never seen Patrick Passe's movie Cross wind, see it, the footage is 10 years old but still shows wingsuit flying with an amazing grace and precision still unmatched today.

As Ed says there are other worthwhile things in life that do not involve a parachute ;) Loic retires a living legend, the better way to step down. Honor his flying by improving your own.

BASEstore.it

As Ed says there are other worthwhile things in life that do not involve a parachute

Bah, I'm way too young to have that figured out yet!:P

Loic retires a living legend, the better way to step down. Honor his flying by improving your own.

Oh absolutely, I wouldn't dream of questioning the great man's decision. I'm just sad for a purely selfish reason - I wish I'd flown with him first!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A real wingsuit competition(one that is a test of pilot skill only) would be one that tests the skill of the pilot.

This example is like Drag racing vs racing in Finland(anyone see that episode of Top Gear?...or fellow Finns help please!).

Drag racing : put loads of money(area in wing suiting) into the car and win.

Finland : Race is around a kind of like a rally circuit and at the end of the race any competitor can walk up to any other competitor and buy their car for a predetermined amount(like $1000). It keeps the competition honest and only a skilled driver will be able to win. Maybe that's why Finland has a history of producing great Rally drivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally_Finland

For wing suit competitions to be tests of skill only, there would need to be too many weight and height classes to make it practical. And there would need to be restrictions on suits area or have an additional round where the pilots swap suits.

max tracking in a wingsuit is a very subtle thing, sometimes you seem to "get it on" real nice and other times it just isn't there, that's skydiving for you I guess.

That seems to be a popular notion. To each his own.

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-videos/Puerto_Rico_2009-HD.html

It almost looks like the cameraman has a PC in tow in that footage where he enters the cloud almost straight down? (02:50)

If no, then it's very good paramattressing. ;)

Pure D/L - now in HD. :)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Yuri write too much words. Two pictures below are even illustrative:

1) on the image "IMG_1066" you can see typical aerodynamics problem - break-off of the flow on the suction side of an airfoil.

2) on the image "Flow visualisation" you can see investigations in an aerodynamics laboratory. The lift on the upper figure is about factor 2 more in comparison to lower figure.

Yuri write too much words. Two pictures below are even illustrative:

1) on the image "IMG_1066" you can see typical aerodynamics problem - break-off of the flow on the suction side of an airfoil.

2) on the image "Flow visualisation" you can see investigations in an aerodynamics laboratory. The lift on the upper figure is about factor 2 more in comparison to lower figure.

yes, on the first pic he's cupping too much air with his arms and thats got his head too high, he needs to get his head down a bit and get some air flowing, get that airspeed up.

tonysuits.com

This movie will be running on big screen TV in D/L Hall of Fame in loop as it has some most talented D/L athletes in it... just look at the legs bent so much that they are almost touching BOC! look at the angle they enter into the clouds - 20-30 degrees to vertical? And the TV people did an excellent drama job to show how dangerous D/L sport is. Sportsmen almost lost their lives trying to achieve the record high D/L!
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio