PhoenixRising

New Suit

The suit is meant to fill in the gap we have between the Aerobat and Raptor. So it does not have the largest wing. Also it is balanced very nicely, armwing to legwing ratio.
The suit is intended for lightweight or tall pilots as well as BASE.
I like flying it more than any other suit ;)

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Thanks Jeff

I was just about to post to "give you the gears" for selling me on the Raptor in P.R. and then coming out with another suit that I would have to try out b4 buying.Your last post answers my question(s).Not being tall and having a natural "arch" kinda like Scotty;) I guess I should get the Raptor.
Can you get one of those fancy racing helmets with the Raptor as well, or are they designed specifically for the "T-Bird" ?
I wanna be cool like Justin!!!!

ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

I'm scared of big suits in BASE. I have Vampire-2 and Phantom-1, but only jump Phantom. Not to say anything bad about Vampire - it's the premium suit universally recognized as the best suit for high-performance WS BASE - it's just my personal preference. Phantom - clean pull, much stronger muscle memory for BOC, and smaller burble.

While obstruction-free pull can be designed into big suits, mattress-like suits with airlocked wings can create huge burble in which PC can hesitate, and that's a big deal when pulling at 400ft.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

The airlocks on all of our suits are fully adjustable by the user. High pressure (airlocked) - higher performance, or low pressure (no air lock) - easier at pull time

Some of the features that make this suit BASE friendly are

Easy no restriction pull

Instant access to toggles and risers without unzipping arm wings

Wide leg stance for landings done without unzipping legwing and
walking around in suit at exit point

Quick release legwing zippers located at knees

Slightly scalloped legwing to prevent tripping on, dragging or snagging tail wing

Tough parapac construction to withstand crash landings (under canopy)

Optional adjustable body zips to expand body for thicker clothing or room for stash bag

Suit is absolutely effortless to fly, so arm fatigue at pull time is no issue

Fast forward speed and a lot of lift for the size of the wings

Oliver Furrer just got one, from his impression on a skydive, he thinks it will work well for BASE

The suit also works very well for flocking and aerobatics
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Looks interesting. Have you flown it yet? If you have, how did it fly?

I put 4 jumps on the T-Bird today and had a 10 jump experience WS jumper take it up as well and he did fantastic, I think he wants one now which I am sure can be arranged!.... VERY nice suit! I will get some more info out later but suffice to say it is a fantastic design and IMHO probably is the cream of the class of suit it is intended to fill. Easy pull and great performance.. I have not gotten a real good chance to Flock it but hopefully next weekend..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Some of the features that make this suit BASE friendly are....

No offense, but someone's thoughts about what makes a good base wingsuit, who doesn't base jump, and only skydives wingsuits, regardless of their jump numbers, means very little to me.

I'd rather here from an experienced BASE wingsuit pilot flying that suit in BASE... Are there any really experienced BASE wingsuit pilots BASE jumping tony's wingsuits? Last couple trips to the valley I've seen a lot of suits, but one manufacturer seems under represented.

_justin

Wow.. ok, lets go there...

It is a term that I came up with, (putting many theories together to be albe to better interpret/describe to others), because it makes the most sense.

Lets think of an airplane. on a multi engine aircraft, thrust is applied by the "Engines" at known points on the airframe. the ARM is its distance from datum or location on the airframe, in which all weight/balance calculations are made from. Weight x Arm = Moment. Since a Wingsuiter, Unless your Yves or Skyjester~ doesn't have what most would consider an "engine", we use our bodies (and the shape we make it) as a "Gravity Engine" or a lifting body like the space shuttle; you must also realize that we apply different forces on the airstream due to our body position. lets call the point of lowest pressure, i.e. highest airflow, on all three wings (arms&leg) the "moment of thrust", because airflow is centered aound that point. Think of our bodies and tailwing, as the body of the lifting body. This point would be at the highest point of the wing surface on the trailing edge, as viewed from behind. Also realize that this point is highly variable, since we translate our weight, size, surface area into forward movement. we change this by narrowing our legs or "cupping" our arms, creating more of a "Channel" that we are moving air through. Thrust = Max deflection & acceleration of the airstream encountered. Now to the Tbird.

This suit takes the induced drag, that the oustide third of the armwing would induce in all other large wing suits, and reduces it greatly. there is a lift loss, because i think that outside third acts more like a basic fowler flap on an airplane, but its small. it lengthens the distance air must travel thus increasing airflow over the wing, resulting in higher lift produced. however the lift component in unpowered wingsuits is so small, that it simply reduces performance in many aspects, but not all. by taking the drag component out with a smaller outside armwing, it actually increases efficiency, of the armwing as well as increases the size and efficiency of the lifting body. And if your a fat guy like me, more lifting body = a very good thing, cause that's something i got a lot of. :P

Simply put, in my opinion, this suit increases the size and efficiency of the "Lifting Body" Part of the wingsuit which provides the largest thrust & lift components, while maximizing the useful lift and control surfaces of the armwings, and reducing their drag.

Matt~ My experience in aviation and flying for the better part of a quarter century has lead me to understand many of the things i do. Now alot of it is useless trivial info. but some of it isn't. This isn't something you can learn is school. This isnt something NASA would have any interest in experimenting with in order to help us make better wingsuits. I wouldnt go saying get your money back or anything, but there are many chapters in aviation that havent been written yet; Hence there's been no need for the terminology. not many variable geometry aircraft that moves where its thrust comes from. This is one of those unwritten chapters. I hope this answers any questions you may have had~ and if it created more, well then ask away~ :P

Oh and I LOVE the other definitions that have been come up with...
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Instant access to toggles and risers without unzipping arm wings
------------------------------------------------------------
How is this achieved? Do the arms disconnect from the body while still inflated? From the pics posted, this seems to be the case, unless those are just pieces of the suit used for display purposes. (Intro like?)

It seems like many of you by now have had a chance to fly the T-Bird.Looking for some feedback here from those that have.
I am basically a wingsuit newbie.I have flown the BM Classic,GTI and Firebird.While in P.R. this Feb. I was fortunate enough to demo the TS Intro,Aerobat and Raptor(by far the best of all of the suits I have tried imo) Thanks Jeff!
I am not tall or particularly thin 5'8" 160lbs, ok 170 in the winter/hibernation months.I have only noticed slight arm fatigue while flying the Aerobat, and have not yet experienced any problems at pull time in any suit.
Looking for the best "all purpose" suit, flocking,solo distance,acrobatics,and docking etc... I really enjoyed the Raptor, found it easy to fly ,even when dropping the grippers.Pull time was easy as well.
From reading some reviews I am now thinking a T-Bird may be a better "all purpose" suit for my size/wieght.Do not want to give up much in performance for "ease on arms" or easier pull time experience.
Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Mike
ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

+1 to what Matt said on the cutaway - I'm guessing none of the Tony suits you flew in PR had the new(er) cutaway system?

It basically means that the wing remains attached to the torso, with the only thing holding it onto your arm being internal inflation. Works pretty well - I'm sure you can do a search in this forum and find more reviews.

As for the T-Bird, no experiences with it myself, but looking forward to demoing it at F&D next week. I'll post my review then, but it might not help you out very much since we're not the same size (I'm 5'5", 120).

I've heard tons of reviews from people of medium builds, and every one of them has been impressed. I'm looking forward to testing it out from the 'featherweight' perspective.
Signatures are the new black.

Thanks Matt

I missed that thread entirely.
I'm guessing the demo suits I jumped in P.R. didn't have this mod done, or I'm just an idiot for not noticing :$
Although on the one jump I did on the Aerobat,I forgot to pull down my goggles prior to exit (DOH!) it was quite easy to reach above my helmet and pull them into place once i noticed.Made for an interesting video clip:P
Is this standard on all new TS wingsuits? Seems like a great idea!

ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough