PhoenixRising

New Suit

There is only so many ways to arrange wingsuit area around a human form and sometimes the impressions of a designer coming from something what already exist :S

We tested lots of different sizes and this one works best . . . but not good enough.

That was in 2006 ?

...your mother...

www.pralle-zeiten.de

its the Thunderbird till further notice :-)

Ya know, given that Spot and I are the resident Native American birds, I think we should each get a copy of the suit as repatriations for the unauthorized use of our cultural IP/TradeMarks. ;);)

What do you think Spot?
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

He's being sarcastic.

There is no 'new' suits left to make. Just new to the manufacturer.

I beg to differ, there will always be new suits, new canopy's and new electronics, it will never end,

and to those that said its been done before, this design has [to my knowledge] never been done before, the way the long part of the wing joins to the short part of the wing is unique,

But in defense of the above statement It has been done in airplane wings,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I'm not Native American, I'm "indigenous." Or "Aboriginal." Or maybe "First American" is the proper term this week (Sorry political correctedness on the brain at the moment due to some shenanigans in DC.)

Yes, YES! I believe we own the original trademark, slogan mark, patent, and copyright for anything with T-Bird or Thunderbird in it.

I'll take mine in Blue/Yellow, please? You already have my measurements.

I'm not Native American, I'm "indigenous." Or "Aboriginal." Or maybe "First American" is the proper term this week

The first? Damn dude, just how old are you?:P

Older than you, I promise. Almost as old as Airtwardo. I remember when wingsuits were made of whalebone. Tony wishes he looked as good as me. :P

For those of us who are not as gravitationally inclined as others. *cough *cough Scotty.

its my gravity engine actually... very high HP. When i farted the dyno broke so I i cant give you the actual performance numbers~

On another note, the arm wings arent really small, they actually move the moment of thrust inboard, while reducing the drag which is induced by the trailing edge of the armwing, due to moving the attachment point from the outboard of the armwing to about the midpoint, so when you max the suit it induces less drag than other suits. if that didnt make any sense, think about it.. lol mornin all..
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

its my gravity engine actually... very high HP. When i farted the dyno broke so I i cant give you the actual performance numbers~

On another note, the arm wings arent really small, they actually move the moment of thrust inboard, while reducing the drag which is induced by the trailing edge of the armwing, due to moving the attachment point from the outboard of the armwing to about the midpoint, so when you max the suit it induces less drag than other suits. if that didnt make any sense, think about it.. lol mornin all..

Don't you want more drag when flying a wingsuit so you could get more lift?
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Don't you want more drag when flying a wingsuit so you could get more lift?

Drag

The good thing about this suit is that its balance is different. As far as having lesser drag, sure it will have lesser drag than a suit of the same area and balance that a suit with a planform like the other Tony suits(other than the SM-1 XS) due to flying a shallower angle.

The idea of making the wings to match the rig thickness was done by the JiiWings guys on their GS1. Unfortunately, adding thickness to reduce drag is not a good idea.

On another note, the arm wings arent really small, they actually move the moment of thrust inboard

I studied aeronautics for 4 years.

What's a "moment of thrust"?

For that matter, how does a wingsuit generate thrust?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Sorry I probably missunderstood, what I wanted to say is: don't you want bigger armwings so the more surface - the more lift, you stay longer in the air, it's really weird looking at this particular WS and seeing how big the legwing and overall quite big and bulky WS, but the armwings are so tiny.. :|

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean