podl01

BRANDNEW Wingsuit Helmet

on the other hand, if we are that worried about the little bit of drag our helmets/heads make, maybe we should worry about better diets for less body fat.
(this is were the fat americans jokes can start :D)

Gravity is your engine- extra body fat is your afterburner.

on the other hand, if we are that worried about the little bit of drag our helmets/heads make, maybe we should worry about better diets for less body fat.

u mean, i shouldnt loose 20lbs!? :o:o:o

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You go right ahead and believe a fat guy can fly farther then a lighter fit guy......:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

You go right ahead and believe a fat guy can fly farther then a lighter fit guy......:D

Afterburner isn't about farther, its a fuel sucker thats all about faster. BUT Not fat per say but I have flown further than much lighter much more fitter, younger, leaner, stronger and taller guys on occasion.

I am pretty sure that is why they started making suits like the Mach and Steath for fat guys or "big boned" as I prefer. But then the skinny guys just buy big suits, doesn't that just defeat the point???
I am sure your response will be something like,"lose some weight fatty", but whatever...

I am pretty sure that is why they started making suits like the Mach and Steath for fat guys or "big boned" as I prefer. But then the skinny guys just buy big suits, doesn't that just defeat the point???
I am sure your response will be something like,"lose some weight fatty", but whatever...

Your stocky, not fat, but Glen......well :D:P

I do...?

No real reason why a fat guy cant fly as far as a light one.
When talking about freefall times, the tall peeps with bodies resembling that of someone with a terminal illness will have a big advantage, but glide-ratios...not rally..

And when it comes to speed (forward) the heavy guys definately have the afterburner turned on (which is what the comment was you replied toB|)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I do...?

No real reason why a fat guy cant fly as far as a light one.
When talking about freefall times, the tall peeps with bodies resembling that of someone with a terminal illness will have a big advantage, but glide-ratios...not rally..

And when it comes to speed (forward) the heavy guys definately have the afterburner turned on (which is what the comment was you replied toB|)

I didn't just say "lighter", I also said "fit", meaning muscule. It weighs more then fat, and usually means more stregth and stamina. ;)

And when it comes to speed (forward) the heavy guys definately have the afterburner turned on (which is what the comment was you replied toCool)

The problem lies in being able to turn it off.:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

hmm, speaking about skinny/slim wingsuiter...wonder which guy who have the lowest BMI around...i guess Jean Loic is in the lower 20`s, no wonder why he flies like bird

okay,

the rocketeer has the better design - I agreeB|

Bike helmet are good idea for wingsuiting!
If you don't mind about the protection issue. The issue that you can't put a pro track in it and the issue that you don't need ventilation holes as you don't sweat a lot, right? function first- then the design in my opinion.

about the dangers - I had a few jumps with it and never had any problems with risers during the opening or in any other situation. The thing has an integrated predetermined breaking point. So if for some reason you crash, the helmet extension will break.

We did this because in ealier times there allready have been accidents with such aerodynamic extensions (hangliding) The problem was the stiffness in most cases - due to a construction with the same thickness and no predetermined breaking point

I you look at the stiffness of the extension you will find it quite soft. it is not bombproof. When you exert force on it (with thumbs for example) you will deform it already.

we have been thinking of a windshield already.
here the points why we don't come up with it.

-you can't wear cool sunglasses ;)
-turbulences in the shield as you hardly get it airtight
-is distortes the view when of rounded shape.
-more expensive as you need mold for it

well, concerning the simulated airflow.
yes, you're right - the helmet works just in the right position.

Same as wingsuits...

Would it maybe be an idea to mold a helmet-shape as an add-on to something such as a gath helmet with visor?

Meaning you only glue the aerodynamic shell onto something you can just buy anywhere?

Or....just wear a regular (crash)helmet (don`t forget about the main purpose of the helmet are) and go the hard way...that`s means losing weight.....