podl01

BRANDNEW Wingsuit Helmet

Sorry,

I know this is advertising but I'm to lazy to ask a friend if he can post it in way that it doesn't look like advertising...:)

Anyway, we are ready with the first wingsuit oriented helmet with boundary layer separation system. Sounds funny - but so it is.

It is particularly designed to fit the body position of wingsuit pilots. The airflow should be much smoother over the back and of course - it will give you extra performance. Especially when you fly fast of very fast.

For flocking it might be a little dangerous because of the sharp tail.

we let produce a few demo helmets soon, so please
drop me a line if you want one testing...

more details: www.pressurized.at (sorry again!)

ps:@webmaster: I can understand if you delete this

Hi Andi(?), if you keep it more to the side of development and product announcement, rather than outrageous advertising, it's useful and informative to the community so we'll allow it.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'm sure the flow over the helmet is very smooth... when the jumper is staring at the ground. :)
Reminds me of a wingsuit-specific base rig posted a while back. It was super long to be streamlined. They even had wind tunnel test pictures showing how nice the smoke flowed over it... at zero angle of attack. Perfect for those head-down wingsuit base jumps, I guess.

Dave

thanks for the big interest in demo-helmets.
we are already rid of our demo contingent, sorry!

Yes we have test flown it.
No we don't have it windtunnel tested yet.
Also, the SUPERSONIC is not tuff tested or whatever, so it is nothing but ready;)

dave, I will work over it for you, how many degrees do you want? 45° :P

best,
andreas

Just out of curiosity, Can you post a picture with someone showing what the head position is when wearing this? The Norwegians posted a similar teardrop helmet on this forum and the head position was pretty much looking forward with the tip of the helmet resting on the rig.

I posted the info in my blog, and my commentators clarified what I felt about the helmet.

imho, it looks a bit dangerous - and my internet friends think the same. for example, we all know that openings may be different, and even though I've never had any like this, but it looks than in some cases the lines may entangle with the protruded part of the helmet. or, you can't really left your head in the helmet - while it may be quite necessary, say, during the opening again. altogether it looks like aerodynamic merits of the helmet do not outweigh its safety demerits.

however, I don't try to criticize now - I'm not an expert at all, and maybe your comments will change my and my friend's opinion. just wanted to present you the opinions in hope to listen to your 'counter-evidence' and just to learn more about the product. I love wingsuiting and always find it cool when people offer new ideas and new products to promote this activity:)

I posted the info in my blog, and my commentators clarified what I felt about the helmet.

imho, it looks a bit dangerous - and my internet friends think the same. for example, we all know that openings may be different, and even though I've never had any like this, but it looks than in some cases the lines may entangle with the protruded part of the helmet. or, you can't really left your head in the helmet - while it may be quite necessary, say, during the opening again. altogether it looks like aerodynamic merits of the helmet do not outweigh its safety demerits.

however, I don't try to criticize now - I'm not an expert at all, and maybe your comments will change my and my friend's opinion. just wanted to present you the opinions in hope to listen to your 'counter-evidence' and just to learn more about the product. I love wingsuiting and always find it cool when people offer new ideas and new products to promote this activity:)

I seriously doubt everything you wrote.

Very reminiscent of the Icaro and road bike time trial helmets that are out there. Aside from the obvious snag/mobility issues that others have already mentioned, helmets like these work very well IF the user maintains their head and body in the aerodynamically ideal position for the whole time. Any deviation from that position can actually have the opposite desired effect.

Here's the ironic part of all of this that I have learned in researching and doing this. When aerodynamically testing different helmet designs the baseline or model's human head shape(minus hair and ears, ie: a dummy head) that all the helmets were placed on, proved to be the most aerodynamic and offered the least drag out of all of the helmet designs begin tested on the model head at that time. So, for those who are that concerned with it, and before anyone runs out and shaves their head and cuts their ears off:P, I'd suggest a simple swim cap or even a wind stopper balaclava if you're worried about looking cool.:)

However, I think that if a slide down shield, like on a GATH helmet, was added to the pressurized helmet they would sell like stroopwaffles.:D

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So, for those who are that concerned with it, and before anyone runs out and shaves their head and cuts their ears off, I'd suggest a simple swim cap or even a wind stopper balaclava if you're worried about looking cool.

or........wear a beanie, then you have big chance to look cool...it doesn`t bring mucho protecto but then again... i doubt this "supersonic" helmet will give you anything than a empty wallet

The sad part about us, is that we throw down tons of cash for a wingsuit, and then spend lots more on earodyncamic helmets, rigs etc...

And then we stick 25 videocameras on all kinds of poles, helmets and drag-inducing places to catch the best shot of us doing so:P

p.s.
Ill post some shots of this weekends bellymount experimentsB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

or........wear a beanie, then you have big chance to look cool...it doesn`t bring mucho protecto but then again... i doubt this "supersonic" helmet will give you anything than a empty wallet

Unfortunatly the material beanies are made of will just create more drag, but on the other hand, if we are that worried about the little bit of drag our helmets/heads make, maybe we should worry about better diets for less body fat.
(this is were the fat americans jokes can start :D)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com