huckfinn

V3 impressions

Most people in an XS could outfly you while backflying it.

Justin,

before you say "most of people", try to fly your wingsuit orderly. The "Wings over Marl 2008" indicate, that yours wingsuit-performance in XS-7 was more or less the same like myself in Phantom.

I know, America go for big cars and big wingsuits. But, the last example with GM and Chrysler show really trueness.

:D:D:D

All in good fun there my friend. We were not allowed to use different suits, So I chose to use my new XS. Where I had only very few jumps on it to dial in. At the time I produced Much better times in my Other suit. So my choice was probably wrong. But for me W.O.M. was a nice learning experience, and I was Truly Impressed with the Talent of all flyers there. This year we are hoping to attend Once again. I feel it will be Truly exciting.

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Ok, let us go back to the original thread and stop the brand war here...

( I own the V3 AND the XS ... B|)

So for the V3:

I agree with the first posts in this thread - the V3 is definitely one of the top suits, due to weather restrictions (too much wind at high altitude) I can't provide save numbers yet, but without question high performance.

The only thing I would add to the first posts is that I strongly recommend the usage of the PC (Leg) Pouch, even for skydives!

This is the first suit I think it is a big difference for pull time.

Hopefully this is a helpful hint - the V3 is definitely worth to try out!
A big improvement over the first Vampires IMHO.

Cordially,

Herwig

Is anyone ordering their Vampire 3 without mylar?

Mylar ribs are standard design for V3 B|

That's why i asked if anyone is ordering their Vampire 3 without mylar.

When you get a V3 in your hands, you'll immediately see the incredible amount of intricate detail and notice the thought that has gone into designing every single piece of that wingsuit. Basically, if Robi thinks that the V3 leg wing should have mylar, then it should have mylar!;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Basically, if Robi thinks that the V3 leg wing should have mylar, then it should have mylar!;)

It seems to me that once the wing is inflated and you are in steady state flight, the mylar should really not make a difference. It might help during initial inflation, or dynamic moves though, a little bit. If that little bit in those certain situations is important to you, then get it.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If that little bit in those certain situations is important to you, then get it.

It's not a case of getting it, the suit has it. The question would be whether it's important enough to you to not get it.

If that little bit in those certain situations is important to you, then get it.

It's not a case of getting it, the suit has it. The question would be whether it's important enough to you to not get it.

That's why I asked if anyone is ordering their Vampire 3 without mylar. I've only heard negative things and am wondering if I should request no mylar ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

That's why i asked if anyone is ordering their Vampire 3 without mylar.

I'd be amazed if anyone had. Why don't you just email Robi and ask him about it?

If you don't want tail flap when pushing the suit a bit, yes.

The mylar is there mostly for the first subterminal moments, shaping the suit/wing before proper inflation is achieved. And in general, shapping the (leg)wing to a better (less matrass/chamber like) wing.

Not to prevent flapping at max flight.
The only place Mylar really benifits is backflying on suits that dont have back inflation (keeping the wing nice and tight/shaped, instead of flapping).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thanks. Now I'm wondering for the average wingsuiter if mylar is worth it ...

If you're not going to be working on flying the suit to its maximum straight line potential then it's not worth getting a V3, period. It's a speed machine. If you're happy floating round doing average flights then why not get a cheaper, easier, less complex wingsuit which doesn't have mylar anyway?

OTOH, if you want to go fast as fuck in the most detailed, well thought out wingsuit I've ever seen then I wouldn't second guess Robi's design - unless Robi himself says it's OK. So go talk to Robi;)

If you're not going to be working on flying the suit to its maximum straight line potential then it's not worth getting a V3, period. It's a speed machine. If you're happy floating round doing average flights then why not get a cheaper, easier, less complex wingsuit which doesn't have mylar anyway?

OTOH, if you want to go fast as fuck in the most detailed, well thought out wingsuit I've ever seen then I wouldn't second guess Robi's design - unless Robi himself says it's OK. So go talk to Robi;)

Of course I want to go fast as f**k ... that's why I ordered a Vampire 3. ;) I was just wondering about the mylar because of all the negative comments I've heard regarding it.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch