moonglo

Houston Wingsuit Demos October 2009

Please post a square grid centered on the base. Although this is not a requirement for a record, I am curious to compare the base centered grid with the best fit grid.

Mike, you should download a copy of the grid and play with it a bit. one picture doesn't fully describe all the possibilities of properly fitting the formation...

here's one try.
based on how you scale the grid, you can get uglier or prettier... try it, it's interesting. and kinda fun.

edited to attach

I havent been doing that many big way ws jumps or really going to diff events or anything so i guess i kinda missed out on this whole grid flocking thing. Frankly i just like to go fast to see if people can keep up. But what is so hard about taking grips and flying gripped formations?

(Dirt diving the wrong formation gets you no records in RW or VRW either)

But in RW you can dive a circle or an oval, if you want. You're not constrained to certain angles.

If you do the same thing on the ground and in the air, how is that "wrong?"

I haven't written that it is wrong. In fact, in another thread I suggested some time ago that any pre-defined grid (including hexagonal and trigonal) should be allowed, so long as the judges have it prior to the jump.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.