mccordia

WingsuitCompetition.com - 2nd Artistic Wingsuit Competition

Ive just uploaded 2 photo packages to the website for use in skydive media/articles, available on the press package.

Please credit photographers.
There wil be another press-package with photos added tomorrow showing some more event stuff. Ground chillin, awards, judging etc.

I also heard that phil was close to getting the TonySuit rounds online, so the first 3 places will be viewable for everyone soonB|

James Boole will also finish up on the full comp video lateron, which will also show up on the competition website, as well asPhoenix-Fly.com

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Our video of the 5 competition rounds is now also onlineB|
(note: just uploaded, so quality will improve within the next hour or so when YouTube is done encoding the high quality version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNEQcIlcrH4

Somehow I missed a lot of this thread, but I just caught up on it all and must say:

Excellent job FLB. Great video Costyn. Great editing Jarno. Great flying by all 3. Probably the cleanest flying of this kind I've ever seen on video, and the jumps went on forever... nice job on not dirty flying.

If only Omar still jumped and the two of us could have made it. :P

Were the FLB flyers both wearing Phantoms? My P2Z should be here any day and I can't WAIT! B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Thank you for the compliments!
It was a fun competition, and we are definately organising it again next year (again in Terni, Italy most likely).

We are also organising an (open) benelux competition late winter/early spring in Holland/Belgium.
And currently looking at the posibility of maybe doing a similar competition in the USA around/close/at F&D in April.

The competition format seems to work really well, as does the judging on camerawork, # of docks and (especially) style.
Style being smoothness of flying, forward motion (is the ground changing), legs stretched, cleanness of docks..

As to suits, yes those are Phantoms. Real clean to fly. No big amounts of fabric in the way of smooth barrelrolls and docks. I know you'll love it. And just speed, speed, speed. You'll love your P2z!

Its a shame we only had 10.000 ft on round 2 (as did the French and TonySuits team), but all three where confident enough to not do a rejump (even though the Italian teams had 12.000ft to play with.
But 12k would have been nice from a video pov.

As mentioned before, James is doing a full competition video, showing all teams from beginning till end through all the rounds.

For future editions, we will use similar figures (docks, rolls, hop over/unders) and we have created 6 'blocks' with those.
For the competition, each round will use 2 or 3 blocks, picked at random the day before the competition.

More on all that stuff later...B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?