mccordia

WingsuitCompetition.com - 2nd Artistic Wingsuit Competition

Day 1 report!

http://news.flylikebrick.com/2009/09/wingsuitcompetitioncom-training-day.html

As to the live Scoring application. Note that the list on the bottom of that page is incorrect with regards to judging parameters.

Points for each round will be awared as follows:

Docks + Flying-style (1>10 score) + camerawork (1>10 score) = Round total

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Awesome!
GOOD LUCK BOYS & GIRLS!! (all of you)

Looking forward to seeing all the results.

Thanks to whoever wrote that scoring webpage for putting the damn auto-refresh tag in there, otherwise my F5 key would've been long gone by the end of the competition. My keyboard loves you and so do I.

http://news.flylikebrick.com/2009/09/wingsuitcompetitioncom-competition-day.html

Event report and (more detailed) scores.
Rounds 1 to 5 now done for some teams already...just waiting for the judging and submitting the scores online!

So far its awesome here...
Starting with flocking as soon as the comp finishes...

Cheerio!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We just had the Awards ceremony.

The Frenchies rocked. Beautifull flying! They scored 2nd.
Im happy to say FlyLikeBrick scored 1st, scoring high points on both docks, flying style and camerawork.

Costyn also won the prize for best camera-flying in the competition.
Scoring 9 (out of 10) for 2 rounds. Really cool videos!

James Boole wil edit a full competition video when he is back home (all teams, all rounds). And several teams will try and get their 5 rounds onto youtube asap so we can post them on wingsuitcompetition.com and wingsuitnews.com.

We plan to have our (FLB) 5 rounds online before wednesday or so, Ill holla' when any of the teams put something up!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It was an event that had it all; smiles, laughter, tears, donkeys, stroop wafels and blood..

I am happy to say the flying moved up a level from last year, helped by the new style points which encourage more efficient flying.

Team FLB were on fire, winning all 5 rounds thanks to a solid team effort. Jarno and Alex busting out points with Costyn providing excellent video.

The Frenchies showed the best flying style during the event (Loic and Zuns influence visible). Keeping solid body positions and turning using hips / shoulders. If these guys keep flying together watch out!

Tony suits put in a solid effort and together with Tristans video put up good scores for each round.

The local Italian teams deserve the biggest applause as many had very little WS experience, attempting the various maneuvers for the first time during the event, learning lots and having fun.

Giovanni, Dyames and the ZOO DZ were excellent hosts and have already invited the competition back for 2010 :)
There were 2 minor injuries during the event - heal fast.

Thank you for the good times, the stroop wafels and the 250 million dollars ;)

BASEstore.it

A short reply, but at the moment Im hard at work writing a press release on the competition, and tomorrow Ill put up a press package with photos, detailed scores and a small write-up/additional information so everyone can submit articles to their own countries magazines and other media.

The full competition video will be online in a few weeks, and the individual teams all sayd they would upload their 5 rounds to YouTube/Vimeo etc soon.

Ours and the Frenchies vids should appear online over the next 2 or 3 days. Same probably/hopefully for the TonySuits factory team.

Thank you all for a great event!
And the battery powered donkey...that was just the icing on the cake!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Great video guys! And awesome chilled, controlled and legs straight flying!
Cool to also see some inside video on that last round :)
note: only the outside viewpoint was used for judging on all rounds

Hope to also have our rounds on 'the tubes' within the next few hours, as wel as the press page with pix, scores and info on all that happened in Italy :)

Phill, you slso uploading your videos anywhere?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

[url "http://www.wingsuitcompetition.com/wscomp2009/index.html"wingsuitcompetition.com[/url] has now been updated with a press/media page, containing all information, stories and videos from the past competition.

Over the next 2 days or so, Ill be adding more pictures and video (when other teams upload their jumps to youtube or vimeo) to the site.

In a few weeks time, we will also host/show the full competition videos here.

Check it out!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?