Martini

PC Handle

Has anyone had PC problems that they believe were caused by a hackey handle? I'm planning on switching to a tube or an internal. Wingsuit BASE PCs don't use hackeys because they are prone to bridle wraps and can cause other PC mals. I don't think the smaller skydiving PC is less susceptible to those issues.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Has anyone had PC problems that they believe were caused by a hackey handle?

Yes, there are a couple of threads on here where people had issues with their hacky weight, which ended up in a bridle knot. I know there are some pictures and even a video if I remember correctly.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ive heard (and experienced) more than one person having minor issues pulling a freefly pud (which has a little tab that 'locks' it in place) after a long flight where arm-fattigue had set in.

Its great to keep a PC in place when backflying or in messy exits, with people slipping and sliding over eachother..but depending on how tight it is, make sure you have the arm-strength left to pullB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Has anyone had PC problems that they believe were caused by a hackey handle? I'm planning on switching to a tube or an internal. Wingsuit BASE PCs don't use hackeys because they are prone to bridle wraps and can cause other PC mals.

In BASE enviroment people have been generally paying way more attention to PC's (for obvious reasons) and the outcome is that heavy hackey handles are a big no no. Also if you go for tube type handle you want to check how the tube is attached to the PC. On BASE PC's the tube is always attached so that there is a piece of webbing going through the tube which is then bartacked to the load tapes on the PC (http://www.basearco.com/images/img_2.jpg). On many skydivng PC's the tube is attached so that there is a hole in the center of the tube and the PC is attached through that hole creating a single attachment point and therefore creating a possible snag point (for example bridle wrapping around the tube).
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Moonglo had a PC malfunction when her hackey handle went through one of the holes in the bottom of the PC. Of the four holes, it was the only one large enough for the hackey to enter.

So I switched to a PVC handle with a piece of webbing end to end to prevent any snags. Then I rolled up a piece of foam, sprayed it with hair spray to be sticky and jammed it inside the handle. I don't like it when my fingers got inside the handle at pull time.

Scott

Ive heard (and experienced) more than one person having minor issues pulling a freefly pud (which has a little tab that 'locks' it in place) after a long flight where arm-fattigue had set in.

Its great to keep a PC in place when backflying or in messy exits, with people slipping and sliding over eachother..but depending on how tight it is, make sure you have the arm-strength left to pullB|

I have a hacky and a free fly tab. When I'm doing WS jumps I pack the pilot chute different and put the tab on the bottom of the container still in the pouch but not engaged like it is when I'm free flying. Now it's much easier to pull even after a long flight. Kind of hard to explain, but I could take a picture if somebody is interested. I learned it from my WS-I. Thanks again Scott. =)

BK

Moonglo had a PC malfunction when her hackey handle went through one of the holes in the bottom of the PC. Of the four holes, it was the only one large enough for the hackey to enter.

So I switched to a PVC handle with a piece of webbing end to end to prevent any snags. Then I rolled up a piece of foam, sprayed it with hair spray to be sticky and jammed it inside the handle. I don't like it when my fingers got inside the handle at pull time.

Scott

I had the same malfuntion. Not fun1[:/]B|
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!