scottygofast

Covers for the new DVD's to be released.... SOON

Thanks Spot for putting me on the cover!!

Spot gathered a few wingsuit pilots to make this video in Sebastian, FL over the holidays. Although Spot is well known for his quick video editing skills, I was amazed that he was able to produce this professional video (as well as a few others) in under a month!

As usual, Scotty Burns captured some amazing video! Thanks Scotty for making me look good.

Justin Shorb did a great job of hosting this video. In the demonstration of the double pooper exit it was very hard not to look directly at the camera. So, we had to do a few takes. Thanks for being patient Justin.

I believe that the official release of this DVD is in a couple of weeks. Also, I think that there are a few teaser clips being released on YouTube or Vimeo. Maybe, someone will post a link to them here.

Finally, I thank Chuck Blue for teaching me how to backfly B|

P.S. The running poop exit is now known as a diarrhea exit!

Yes...Scotty jumped the gun a little. This was supposed to be secret til NEXT Friday.>:(

Malcolm, we took great caution to assure that Mike's voice isn't heard on the DVD. Just his smile alone is overwhelming.:) You HAVE to see it to believe it.

You can see a bit of Justin's performance here. Put your wingsuit on and follow along.:D
And yes, Scotty did an awesome job of capturing this footage in the air and on the ground. Even Zach made it into these videos, as did Heffro/Jeff, Chuck Blue, Scott Bland, Sobey, Andreea, the Grays, Callantine, Taya, Norman Kent, Monkey, Stoney, Rick, and SO many others...we tried to thank everyone, but I'm sure we missed a few names. The 202 disc has Scotty Burns FIRST EVER video edit :D in it, made of the World Record event at Elsinore, plus other unseen/exclusive footage of that event.

Looks cool. What will they have that's over and above what's already on line?

Yea..the DVD clips on youtube and vimeo are nice..
Looking forward to seeing the complete DVD. And also eager to know what else is on there..

To those who PM-ed/mailed me and other people from FlockU/FLB looking for conspiricies and bitch fights...:S

The more information and instruction there is on wingsuit flying, the better.
And even though (as some people seemed to take Maccas comment) its easy to go into similar territory when it comes to video and/or instruction, The worst that could happen is that people have more choice when it comes to what they want to do and learn. And it also pushes everyone to work harder making better and better teaching materials...which benefits safety and skills a lot in the long run..
This is why I gladly supported the guys in their DVD efforts, and also got to assist with some small graphics contributions..and Im looking forward to the final result, and actually think its the first commercialy available information of this sort (besides the very basic FFC/wingsuit info already out there.)

If you're looking for a fight, watch WWF or Jerry Springer...if you want to jump, fly and have fun...come to a dropzone and leave the drama at homeB|

Good stuff guys...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The online stuff are just a few segments from the DVDs, each DVD is about an hour (Tandem editing vid is a lot longer).

LOTS of eye-candy. Aside from the many jumps shot just for this project, we also went through Scotty Burns library over the past year to find shots that illustrated the topic being discussed. There is exclusive content never seen before from the 71Way, Lodi, Flock n' Dock, Puerto Rico 08, Pepperell, Elsinore, Eloy, and all the skills camps from 2008. Heffro did a few backfly jumps for this project and shows off a couple tricks no one has really seen him do yet, like the "McTwist."
Lots of ground exercises for those looking to get into wingsuiting, or for those that are ground-bound due to weather/season.
Scotty Burns did his first-ever :D video edit job on one of the DVDs, of his best-ever shots.
Scotty also has a great cameo appearance where he talks about the caveats and benefits of flying a camera with a wingsuit, and what/when/how to get started flying a wingsuit camera.
Jarno did a terrific wingsuit animation and some super transitional pieces for the project. All in all, at least 20 people heavily contributed to this project.
You get to see Heffro *trying* to act like a student, too.:D

It looks that a lot of effort is put to this DVD and even real "professionals" have some touch on it, right?
Sadly, talking about the available clip, there is one think I can not understand how it can happened to "professionals". [:/]

Why the guy who is talking, wear sunglasses? Is he cross-eyed or squint?
It irritates me when I don't see someone's eyes. Especially, when it is instructional video.
It may be OK for friends or Youtube videos but for DVD with this intention... [:/]

...and the aircraft noise in the background...

I think "professionals" should think about it... :-(
If you can change it, maybe I can reconsider my decision about it.
Right now, sorry, it is - NO thanks!

sure, never buy educational skydiving vids with people wearing glasses or goggles and with aircraft sound on the background:ph34r:

haha..indeed..
I think that limits anyones options close to zero..
Do members of the PD factory team even have eyes...who knows..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Different cultures, different manners, different habits, different expectations...

Would you buy car from the guy you don't see his eyes?..as would Americans ask...

I see one of "professionals" jump immediately on this...
They may be your friends, this may be your work, but that does not mean there are no things to do better...[:/]

as some people seemed to take Maccas comment

Jeeeeeeeesus... are some people just looking for fights?! I was asking what else the DVD would feature in addition to the clips that had already been posted. I was genuinely interested to know what was going to be on the DVD's.

Would you jump on someone who saw a trailer for a film then asked someone who had seen it what else happens?

Can't we all just get along? We're a small enough minority as it is! :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Well, I, for one, hate sans serif fonts! How dare they fail to take into account the eye pleasing nature of the serif, which allows text to be read far more elegantly and smoothly than those horrid sans serifs like Arial. Dear Lord, how did the possibly let that slip by!

I shall boycott this until there are serifs and even ligatures!

And I'm sure there are other flaws that are equally as horrid as sun glasses and fonts!
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Well, I, for one, hate sans serif fonts! How dare they fail to take into account the eye pleasing nature of the serif, which allows text to be read far more elegantly and smoothly than those horrid sans serifs like Arial. Dear Lord, how did the possibly let that slip by!

I shall boycott this until there are serifs and even ligatures!

And I'm sure there are other flaws that are equally as horrid as sun glasses and fonts!

Have you SEEN the hue of blue they've used? Simply shocking! :D
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

if you look REALLY closely at the reflection in Justin's glasses, you can see a woman seeking extra altitude. Seriously.;)

Ok that does it. I am buying:P
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook