mccordia

Ukraine Wingsuit Boogie 2009 (and the 2008 video:)

Alex will also be joining us!

11. Alejandro Lopez
18. Alejandro "Alex" Lopez Arce

You put Alex in twice! I know he's cool and fun to be with, but do you really want him to be there that badly? :P

I've booked my tickets too... still gotta find where to rent a car and book a place to stay. Can any of you locals send me on the right path (with some links or whatevever) for car-rental and a cheap but not too shabby hotel?
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Anybody can rent a car in Borispol (Airport of Kiev) - Avis, Hertz and Europcar is there.
You can book car here for example :)

Better place to stay you can find here but not cheap - 70-80 eur/day. Other more dirty and cheapest (30-40 eur\day) don't have website and don't make booking of rooms, but also aviable anytime :)

If you take a car - you can take a map fo Kiev's region. You can find BORODYANKA (I can't write cirillic here) - NordWest from Kiev.
like that
c-ya!

This is one of the better wingsuit videos I've seen. I like the 3rd sequence the most though, the multiple angles, editing and music really make it. What's the song in the 3rd sequence by the way?
"Power lines, they were just everywhere... and I remember thinking at that point I'm going, you know, I just survived my chute malfunction and now I'm going to hit power lines" - Scott Lutz

Eyey,

Just a short update.
Lutz and I have our tickets booked.

Lutz and I will be altering doing the boogie, with one person doing the group load organising, and the other one doing the FFC/1 on 1 coaching stuff. So there's all kinds of fun to be had.
And if you want to work on backflying, docks, etc we'll gladly help you out with the 1 on 1 stuff..

I think there are a few more people playing with the dirty thoughts of joining in the party mayhemB| (Benedikt?)

In terms of sleeping, I was informed there will be a big militairy tent and also a bit room available in a building on/near the DZ. So a sleepingbag and little mat to sleep on is all you need.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

1. Dmitry Karpekov
2. Lutz Lüdtke
3. Jarno Cordia
4. Costyn van Dongen
5. Hans Schoeber
6. Grisha Andreev (V2)
7. Vladimir Zanadvorov
8. Grigoriy Kvasha
9. Ivan Chaplygin
10. Branislav
11. Alejandro "Alex" Lopez Arce
12. Alexey Dzhigir
13. Vladimir Lisyuk
14. Sergey Dovgan
15. Vsevolod Bedrin (BMI UA-02)
16. Alexey Grebtsov
17. Vitaliy Yakunin
18. Kudryavtsev Max (Phantom)
19. Denis Kossolapov

An option for accommodation during the Boro-boogie is hotel "SPA", ca. 15-20 km to DZ (needs taxi/car for transfer to DZ), with special summer prices during the week, monday till friday:
http://spa-center.kiev.ua/?setlang=eng

An option for accommodation during the Boro-boogie is hotel "SPA", ca. 15-20 km to DZ (needs taxi/car for transfer to DZ), with special summer prices during the week, monday till friday:
http://spa-center.kiev.ua/?setlang=eng

I mailed them and unfortunately they're fully booked that weekend. The Lonely Planet has a bunch of hotels, hostels and apartments listed in Kiev. Hotels are amazingly expensive there, the cheaper option is to rent an apartment with a couple of others.

sorry guys, Branislav not gonna make it...
have lot of fun and long flights guys... hope I will catch you soon...
looking forward for photo and vid's...
cheers- Branislav

1. Dmitry Karpekov
2. Lutz Lüdtke
3. Jarno Cordia
4. Costyn van Dongen
5. Hans Schoeber
6. Grisha Andreev (V2)
7. Vladimir Zanadvorov
8. Grigoriy Kvasha
9. Ivan Chaplygin
10. Alejandro "Alex" Lopez Arce
11. Alexey Dzhigir
12. Vladimir Lisyuk
13. Sergey Dovgan
14. Vsevolod Bedrin (BMI UA-02)
15. Alexey Grebtsov
16. Vitaliy Yakunin
17. Kudryavtsev Max (Phantom)
18. Denis Kossolapov

Shame you cant make it..

And another list (for maybe seeing if some Kiev/Airport transport can be arranged).

Maybe list your arrival date with your name (if coming from abroad) so people can see if groups can travel together from airport to...well..airportB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

19.06.2009, flight LH3238, landing at 14:15

1. Benedikt
2. Denis

We will stay 1-2 days in Kiev for looking of Kiev city, drinking in native locals and afterwards go to DZ B|

Mirjam and I will be arriving on the 22nd with Austrian Airlines, and we'll be staying in Kiev for the duration of our stay. On the days we're going to the dz we'll take a local taxi.

We've booked an apartment with this agency: http://www.uarent.com/ Reasonable prices, clean looking apartments and recommended by the Lonely Planet guide book.

We've booked an apartment with this agency: http://www.uarent.com/ Reasonable prices, clean looking apartments and recommended by the Lonely Planet guide book.

http://www.diamondapartments.com.ua/apartments
http://www.goodrent.kiev.ua/en/rooms_2.php?s=rooms_2

Economic class (about $50/day)
http://hotel-lux.net/eng/apartments.php?s_id=&class=1&rooms=2&highs=2&price=&f_d=22&f_m=7&f_y=2009&f_h=&f_i=&t_d=28&t_m=7&t_y=2009&t_h=&t_i=&sd=1&submit=Search
--
Blue Sky!
Association "PARA-SKUF" (DZ Borodyanka, Kiev, Ukraine)
http://www.paraskuf.com.ua

We are arriving at Kiev for a night of 'training' in the local bars on the 19th.
The 20th, around early afternoon we will probably want to head to the dropzone to try and maybe catch a last weekend load (and first boogie jump).

If there is anyone willing to pick some people up in town/airport.
Please shoot us an email at [email protected].

Kiev (town) to Dropzone
saterday 20th, early afternoon
Deniq, Benedict, Jarno (& Anuschka)

Kiev Borispol (airport) to Dropzone
sunday 21st, early afternoon
Lutz

monday 22nd, early afternoon
Costyn (& Mirjam), Jerry

*please copy/ad/change where needed*
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So folk, please find enclosed small guide, write by myself, with information concerning DZ Borodjanka and Kiev. I hope, this information can help you in first days with adaptation and with transfer from International Airport Borispol to DZ ;)

Line bus from Borispol International Airport to Kiev City 2-5 UAH

Read as :
Line bus from Borispol International Airport to Kiev City 50 UAH

Way from Kiev city to DZ Borodjanka with public transport.
Also possible by taxi which will cost you 300-350UAH from main train station if you call phone taxi (price checked for taxi +380505515858)

If you need to make local calls you can save money by using local number, which can be bought almost anywhere for about 25UAH (sim card for GSM compatible cellular). Cards to replenish funds for this number can be bought at same place.
To find such stores you should look for red card image with white egg and letters "MTC" on them or for blue card with letters "KievStar".

Costyn (& Mirjam), Jerry

*please copy/ad/change where needed*

Thanks, but Mirjam and I are being picked up by a chauffeur of the aparment rental agency that we're renting an apt from. So we don't need transport. Jerry still needs transport though I guess?

Cheers

I just added my self to the Saturday afternoon pickup (but at Borispol airport)

Kiev (town) to Dropzone
saterday 20th, early afternoon
Deniq, Benedict, Jarno (& Anuschka)

sunday 21st, early afternoon
Lutz
Alex 13:30 arrival

Costyn (& Mirjam), Jerry

An unexpected destination for a boogie and a nice surprise from the beginning. The Ukrainian summer boogie at Borodyanka (near Kiev) is a very pleasant event in a very pleasant environment. Local people in Ukraine are very friendly and welcoming, and knowing that the language is a big barrier for the foreigners they do take good care of their guests to facilitate their stay in their country.

Bordyanka is a small town with a nice grass airfield that hosts an Antonov 2 and a Turbolet 410. Very nice and relaxed atmosphere and a surprising (for me) good weather, 30 degrees and sun every day. When the locals heard my comments about the weather they said, “welcome to Boro-Boro”, which basically tells you that this is the standard weather every summer in Borodyanka.

The plane is cool, it claims up fast and he makes as many loads as needed, we were able to do 8 jumps a day without a problem.

The parties with the Boro skydivers were fantastic and the Samagon (homebrewed vodka, see link
http://www.ukraine-tourism.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=34

cherry on top. The so called “firewater” is very tasty and has 60 proof (measure of alcohol), normal drink for the brave Ukrainians.

And let me tell you about their hospitality. On Sunday, my second day in the dropzone, I locked my self out of the hangar with all my belongings inside at the end of the day. My only cloths and that moment were my surf trunks and my flip-flops. No money, no passport, no credit cards, no phone, no personal identification, in a place that I didn’t know, no being able to speak either Ukrainian or Russian, and with the only support of Benedikt, who did not spoke any local language either. Not only the hangar was locked with all our belongings inside, but on top of that everybody was gone and we did not know were the apartment or the skydiving tent camp were.

Well, as the apartment was quite far away and we had no money for a taxi, we decided to walk the 800 to the tent campAfter walking through a small forest we found Jarno and the others chatting with Seva and Tania.

So, even though I claimed that I needed the hangar open to get my things and go to my apartment to get changed for the night, Tania and Seva told me to relax, told me that the hangar is not open until the morning, and everything there is super safe. So relax and enjoy the night. At the time the only thought in my head was “I am only wearing a surf trunk and flip flops”.

But I followed the advice, and before I could finished my previous thought, Tania lent me a nice long sleeve T-shirt and we were walked to the dining area. Nice experience to help out collecting wood for the barbecue, by the way!!!!

And you know how it goes in these cases, one thing leads to another, drinks start to run around the table people laugh, and then the samagon appears. This is the moment in the night that changes everything. Let me tell you, there is an evening before the samagon and an evening after. The stupid pictures are taken, the weird faces (mine) in them, somebody founded a guitar, that in no time was put to work. In the blink of and eye we all passed from SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked Up) to FUBAR (Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition).

I think I was back at the apartment around 2:30 in the morning, don’t know how I reached my bed. The morning after I was still drunk, not knowing where I left my still camera and surprised when told that everybody knew that the plane needed some maintenance that morning. Aha moment, that’s why they were partying so hard and why the Samagon appeared. Well, long story short, I thought I lost my camera, and the local skydivers took care of trying to find it for me while I was founding it at the apparment. I realized a day later that they were trying to find it, and I really touch me how much the. From that moment on I started to experience the authentic Ukrainian hospitatily.

After this glorious night I thought “note to myself: learn Russian, and fast!!”, so I put myself to absorb as much language as I could, and was very proud of myself when I managed to pronounce correctly “Balshie Siskies”, two words that by a mysterious way made all the girls at the dropzone laugh with me or at me I am not sure.

Lots of sun, very nice people and wonderful landscape, what else could I ask for oh yeah! “Skydiving, beer and sex, and no more time to work…” as one of the pull cords that I got as gift said.

From near the bottom of my heart I would like to thank all the locals (and forgive me if I don´t remember all the names): Seva, Tania, Anna, Shasha, Yuri, Dmitry, Grisha, Lena, Svereta, Oilec, Alexey, Vassily, Vitaly, Kostantin, Nadiia, and the 3000 Alexs that I met there, for their hospitality, their Russian/Ukranian lessons, their efforts to find the so thought lost still camera, their 100, 200, 2222 jumps celebration in the plaen, their invitations for food and samagon, their wonderful birthday presents, their friendship and their fun sharing and most of all for painfully listening to my attempts to play the guitar and sing (even though we enjoyed the our personal version of “Hotel California” from The Eagles, “Dropzone Borodjanka”):

“Welcome to the Dropzone Borodyanka,
Such a lovely place, such a lovely place,
Plenty of jumps and fun at the Dropzone Borodyanka,
Any time of year, you will find here”

So if you really want to have the experience of your life, in some many areas, come next year Ukraine Wingsuit Boogie 2010 with Flylikebrick and in the mean time enjoy the video (too be posted soon) and prepare yourself for our next destination.

Soulac sur Mer Wingsuit boogie 2009, a summer boogie with a surfing flavor in a pristine location by the Atlantic French coast, check it out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=france&sll=37.649034,-95.712891&sspn=37.881833,93.076172&ie=UTF8&ll=45.548679,-1.049881&spn=0.131996,0.363579&t=h&z=12

Dates are: July 18th to 26th

For more information see. www.airboss.nl , or the thread that Jarno started on the topic.

Alejandro (Alex) Lopez Arce

www.flylikebrick.com

[email protected]

Hey, hey,

sorry about the posting so focused on the hospitality of the Ukranians, but I was delighted.

About the jumps, there was a good bunch of flyers at the DZ. We started with arrow formations and worked during the week on proximity flying on slot specific formations.

By the end of the week formations were coming together with nice 6 to 7 way flocks.

Landing area is huge and even though it is difficult to have an outside landing, I manage to have one on a one on one coach. Not a big problem as there are a lot of fields around and a quick pick up waiting for you.

The plane runs in what I call "all you can fly" mode, so for example we had only 8 loads on Wednesday, but the wingsuiters were in each load as the plane waited for us to pack!! That´s what I call service.

Borodyanka is a wondeful place for a wingsuit boogie, you jump as much as you want and there are some people very skilled eager to fly formations.

See you there next year!!!

Alejandro