aesalon

wingsuit ratio, air / ground speed, fall time, distance

i'm curious about a few things. maybe some of you could provide me with a few figures on fall time, descent ratio, ground speed, air speed for a few different types of wingsuits. also, i would like to know similar figures for flying without a wingsuit, say for a person of average size, flying belly down, as well as for flying head down, feet down, sit flying etc, for comparison. also what kind of distance is covered. i'm interested in figures for average flights and record flights as well.

figures can be in feet, miles, minutes, hours, whatever (or even better, all of the above)

i know its a lot to ask all in one post but i was having a hard time finding it all by searching. i would appreciate this very much.

Not since the TV segment he's not :P:D.

LOL.... That segment was only to explain the capabilities of what possible in wingsuits, not what I could do, it wasn't about me, it was about the suits. You'll notice I brought out every brand of suit that I had. :)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Whats wrong with sarcasm?

Nothing, it's rather funny.... But it's often misinterpreted when read in the internet.

Brand wars now are more like skirmishes compared to the old days.

That has alot to do with people realizing, it's not what you fly, but how you fly ;)

The newer face of the forum is about higher mathematics and the body fat index of north americans vs the inability of some US bashers to stand still in their line.

Ouch :D Now go order a pizza or something.....
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

not reporter. i'm a novice, but not current. the reason my inquiry was so thorough and specific is that i have a friend who was asking me all these questions and i realized i could only guess about so many of the answers. i remember that falling speed is like 120 mph belly down and terminal velocity is something like 160. and tracking in delta position has a glide ratio of like almost 1.1. so i started searching the forums and found that the info was very scattered and had a lot of holes in it. so i figured it might be nice to have a post where all the info was in one place, so if anyone else was curious, when they went to search, they would have a much easier time than i did.

i remember that falling speed is like 120 mph belly down and terminal velocity is something like 160.

Sounds like a bit of terminology confusion there. terminal velocity isn't a speed, it's the speed where force of air resistance balances weight, and therefore it varies depending on orientation and lots of factors. Doing 90mph in a track is terminal velocity, doing 120mph flat is terminal velocity, doing 180mph head down is terminal velocity.

tracking in delta position has a glide ratio of like almost 1.1.

Not in a delta. In a very good flat tracking position, but not in a delta. It depends very much on the skill of the person, though, and so does wingsuit flight.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?