bdrake529

Lodi - Jan 17-18

The forecast for this weekend shows sunny days and the 10-day forecast says the 17-18 will be sunny. Of course, while we're able to precisely predict the global climate 100+ years out, forecasts for the immediate future have a fairly poor track record in my experience, so who knows.

I actually got out of the cast the Monday after the 71-way. Started walking without assistance (i.e., without the walking boot or crutches) about 2.5 weeks ago. So I started skydiving again with 2 consecutive Sats at Elsinore and several days in Eloy (including the midnight, New Year's jump from the DC3). I can't run yet due to my inflexible ankle (working on that), so I still slide in my landings, which works great.
Brian Drake

I'll send a message out to the team and see if I can get some confirmation as to how many will be out flocking. You have my number, so call me on Friday night and I'll let you know exacly what the weather is doing. Who are your other friends coming with you?
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Looks like a confirmed solid 9way. Bring head cover of some sort, as everyone will have radios for multiple points.

AAGGUUUHH, this makes me want to get some air time.. I might need to look into last minute flights... SEA to SAC flights are spendy! How far is SFO to Lodi as I don't usually fly in there but flights are not too bad cost wise?

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Bring head cover of some sort

You mean like a helmet? Or a yalmukah?

Cate's trying to get over a head cold, so she may not make it. Nick's police schedule changed earlier than expected, so he's no go too.

I'll see if I can get some other jumpers from SoCal to head up with me. Otherwise, it'll just be me. Sorry.

Incidentally, the weather.com report for this weekend changed from "sunny" all 3 days to "partly cloudy". How, um... strict is Lodi in this regard?
Brian Drake

I'll see if I can get some other jumpers from SoCal to head up with me. Otherwise, it'll just be me. Sorry

See if you can get Glen out of his hole.. If he does not come it will yet again prove he is president of the EE fan club... :)

Scott

I could use some air time before Puerto Rico and Skydive Oregon's completely shut down during January.

1) Is it better to fly into SF or Sacramento?

2) What's the address of the DZ? (so I can plug it into my Nav)

Sac is closest.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I should be there sat morning on about 4 hours of sleep, but looks too good to miss. Hopefully not too much fog in the morning either. Youre crazy scott, itll be good to get back up in the air again, though im probably going to be a bit rusty and on a new suit. Couldnt be any worse than Glen though.

You are an hour out at SFO. I wanna be there trust me gotta work that weekend.

Too bad Kate and Nick could not make it nice lads all of them.

The in air com is the best. In case of weather you will know where to paintball.

Serious I hope Nick and Cate can make any Lodi gathering in the future.

bdrake529 collected most of the video from the different views. He plans on putting something together.

We ended up doing 10 jumps over the weekend. Flock sizes ranged from 5 to 10 ways. Some really fun and challenging multipoint flocks. Often changing person flying base with each point. My favorite was a five way line to a 5 stack, back to a 5 way line going to the opposite side of the base where we started, back vertical and back to a line. Another fun dive was a 6 way wedge to a six way vertically stacked wedge. sdctlc had been flying top video to this point. He came down, flipped on his back to become base and we rebuilt the flat wedge over the top of him.

No real carnage to speak of.

The fun didn't end at breakoff. Some of us played around under canopy spiraling and chasing each other. Took a couple of tries, but was able to run across the topskin of Brian's canopy.

Glad Scott, Randy and Brian made the trip.

We had clear skies with temps that were cool in the morning to low 60s during the day.

Lots of good video.

The weekend did not suck.:PB|

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It was a fantastic weekend jump wise and weather wise. Thanks to Brian for being the one that started the idea of a last minute migration to Lodi. As Monkey noted, I gave my footage to Brian who wanted to do something with it. The dives were really enjoyable and the combining of vertical and horizontal with multi points was a good challange.

Really one of the better weekends I have done! :)
Scott C.