vesatoro

Icaro 2000 helmets

That was my thought although one of the photos, in the sencond link, appears to show a wingsuiter looking straight ahead BUT rig looks small.

Downsizing for a VERY cool helmet is beyond even me!

There is a cut down version???

http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helmets/4fight/Cut-Integral/Cut-integral.htm
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Someone trying their 4Fight paragliding helmet for skydiving:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3531229#3531229

Low drag helmet discussion:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1442358#1442358

Let alone Pressurized posting an advert for their helmet (but I don't like the look, unfortunately) and reference to the use of Time Trial (cycling helmets).

Any specific 4Fight wingsuit experience, please?
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Without personally having seen or used one, I think it's fundamentally flawed for wingsuiting: there's no place to put a camera.

(Or, if you are Purple, there's no way to geek the camera.)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

A buddy of mine used his 4flight integral cut model helmet on a skydive and the visor slammed open upon exit. Probably not a good idea that he did this but he quickly learned. Not sure if all the models do not come with some sort of locking mechanism for the visor.

Spoke to Icaro last month via email and got the following reply from Gipsy in the Customer Service Department:

1) Do the 4Fight helmets have a space in the internal padding for an audible altimeter next to the ear (e.g. a Protrack, http://www.l-and-b.dk/protrack.html)? Yes, on each side of the helmet

2) Do the 4Fight helmets have any fabric underneath the chin and around the jaw to stop air getting in like other full face skydiving helmets? Unfortunately no

3) Do the 4Fight helmets have a security feature on their visors to keep them closed at high speeds? Unfortunately no

4) Can you tell me if the Long Tail is likely to touch the top of the parachute, at the bottom of my neck, or stop me from looking upwards? the 4fight LT (long tail) is not the best solution for your purposes, because the long tail can cause some problems. For this reason we have made the 4 fight Cut (we have just cut away the long tail J)

But in any case our helmets are not made for your sport, we know exactly the reasons, sorry.

I also tracked down Hans - pictured on Icaro 2000 wingsuiting in a mirrored helmet - and his thoughts were as follows:

1) Does the Long Tail rest on the reserve container of your parachute or stop you from looking upwards?
1, No problem with the Tail,

2) 2) Do the 4Fight helmets have a space for an electronic altimeter inside the helmet (e.g Protrack etc.)?
2, Lots of space inside, Too much, it is hard to get the helmet to fit tight. The padding is thick and soft.

3) Do the 4Fight helmets have a "cuff" of fabric under the chin to stop air getting in like the traditional full face helmets or any sort of visor security feature?
3, This is a big problem. The helmet is taking in a lot of air.

This is one of the coolest looking helmet in the world, but they are not good for skydiving if you do not make BIG modifications.

Gecko: Oh well, an amazing look but not quite right for skydiving/wingsuiting, yet.
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com