geofsmth

4 way exit from 182

We have a 182 so we do have the luxury of walking to the door. We only have a couple of WS jumpers at our DZ but are looking to eventually do 3 and 4 ways.
We have done a bunch of 2 ways. With either one out on the step and another in the door or having one actually hanging from the strut (like a SL student) and another in the door.
Have any of you done 3 or 4 ways from a 182? If so how did you exit?

3-ways are easy, 2 on step 1 in the door. 4-ways similar but as I recall the last guy dives out with the 3rd exiting from a crouch. Mock it up, it's messy but possible. Even with a small step you can get 2 people outside. Haven't done 3-4 ways from the 182 for a few years but they're actually pretty fun. I've done solos exiting on my back while standing on the step with my back to the strut, I wonder if it's possible/safe to get a wingsuit in the crotch position?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Cool, Kinda what I was thinking.

I also do a lot of freeflying and we put someone under the strut facing the tail. Basically, getting all the way out on the strut and then swinging under with the right foot still on the corner of the step. I want to try this as an exit as well. It would put on person on their back and the other three on their bellies. Two on the step and one in the door. Works great for tracking dives.

All of my wingsuit jumps have been out of a C-182, 2-4 ways. The Swing-Under-The-Strut-Backfly-Exit is easily doable. I have exited that way in my Tony SM1 several times without issue. The only semi-difficult part is actually swinging around the strut, but other then that no problems. That exit is real nice because you can have another hanging from the strut and two on the step. Good luck and have fun!
-Dale

with that climbout you will probably lose 1000 ft during the climbout -- its best to leave one all the way in - one in the door - 2 on the step.............and hurry a 182 during the 'cut' loses altitude like a bitch

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid