Sangi

High performance wingsuit on a novice?

Hey,

I was wondering, what would happen if say a person with 100 skydives strapped on a V3 wingsuit?

Would the outcome would be pretty much the same as throwing out a person on his own who has never jumped?

If say a person with 100 skydives has a good tracking skills, would trying about an intermediate wingsuit (like Ghost or Phantom) be dangerous?

Sangi

hmmm. i also thinking about that...to be honest i don`t think there will be no problem at all.
I read a review on this suit(v3) and a testpilot said this suit almost flewed itself, so what`s the problem? just strap the suit on...stretch out the arms and and legs and just fly baby fly:)When it`s time for me to buy my first wingsuit i will definitive go for a V3 or a Ghost2...i think don`t think i will waist my money for a "tracking suit" such a Phantom or S-fly expert, those suit`s looks so gay..:S

Shoot me a PM with your home DZ, and me or macca will put you in contact with a wingsuit flyer who can answer your questions up close and personal.

Getting a wingsuit flyer to talk about his wingsuit and every little aspect on flying is easier than finding on that will shut up about it for longer than 5 seconds;)

Are my ears burning?

Sangi, i'd be happy to catch up with you over a beer and answer your questions. Whqat DZ do you jump at? B|
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Hey,

I was wondering, what would happen if say a person with 100 skydives strapped on a V3 wingsuit?

Would the outcome would be pretty much the same as throwing out a person on his own who has never jumped?

If say a person with 100 skydives has a good tracking skills, would trying about an intermediate wingsuit (like Ghost or Phantom) be dangerous?

Sangi

Does anyone else think this guy is a troll?
Either he's a fucking troll or just dumb as a box of rocks.:S

Hey,

Sangi

Does anyone else think this guy is a troll?
Either he's a fucking troll or just dumb as a box of rocks.:S

***why are you so mean to him?

Thanks for the replies who actually answered my question.

My home DZ is in Lithuania, yes the profile aint lying, I'm studying in UK now.

Skittles - yeah I guess I'm dumb as a box of rocks, but I don't care, I just ask and try to get the answers :)

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Ignas, you deserve to know what I was thinking.

Previous summer, someone with way too not enough jumps took out Alex at the Cochstedt boogie. I landed next to him. (I didn't land next to her because she landed further away, which was smart for her.)

She almost broke his leg diving to the formation, and hit him because she didn't know any better. She did break her own arm. She somehow managed to pull with a broken arm.

Please realise people could have died right then and there.

It's not like we're playing a friendly game of cards here.

You have any right to ask questions, but please refrain from dumbfuckery like that. I hate it when friends get killed. It would not be the first time.

Your friendly disclaimer: yes, I am drunk. I get honest like that. Good night, and merry Christmas.
Johan.
I am. I think.

How did the low-timer person get allowed on a load and more specifically, how did the low-timer get put into a diving position that would allow them to pass more experienced wingsuiters? Was the instructor any kind of an "I"? (Birdman, PF, etc?)

How did the low-timer person get allowed on a load and more specifically, how did the low-timer get put into a diving position that would allow them to pass more experienced wingsuiters? Was the instructor any kind of an "I"? (Birdman, PF, etc?)

Wait till you hear what size the formation was and how strong the winds were;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ignas, you deserve to know what I was thinking.

Previous summer, someone with way too not enough jumps took out Alex at the Cochstedt boogie. I landed next to him. (I didn't land next to her because she landed further away, which was smart for her.)

She almost broke his leg diving to the formation, and hit him because she didn't know any better. She did break her own arm. She somehow managed to pull with a broken arm.

Please realise people could have died right then and there.

It's not like we're playing a friendly game of cards here.

You have any right to ask questions, but please refrain from dumbfuckery like that. I hate it when friends get killed. It would not be the first time.

Your friendly disclaimer: yes, I am drunk. I get honest like that. Good night, and merry Christmas.

I just mean about doing 1 on 1 skydive and what I meant in my question what were the technical problems: like spinning or getting on your back and not being able to get back on belly etc... I'm not asking about hard pulls or anything, my main concerns are freefall problems like spinning... :)

The L/O was actually a bmCi and if I remember rightly the formation was between a 30 way and a 49 way. Sorry, I can't remember the exact figure.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I was just wondering.. "what if..."

After 10 jumps in a GTI I picked up a PHI, which was an intermediate to advanced suit. Lots of tail wing, pretty twitchy. Not a good suit for a newbie.

10-20 jumps in on it found me on my back flat spinning through 4k of altitude before giving up and deploying in the spin. I got lucky and didn't get tangled up in my deploying main.

With Tonysuit's buyback program there's no reason not get an intro, or to pick up one of the 500 used GTI's out there. Learning on a small wing will give you some forgiveness.

Learning on a small wing will give you some forgiveness.

that!
and you can also flock in the intro suits!
I have no idea why people want to have the most badass, biggest suit out there as their first suit.
Why not take the small one and outfly people in bigger suits? That seems like a great goal to have.
Merry Christmas!

The L/O was actually a bmCi and if I remember rightly the formation was between a 30 way and a 49 way. Sorry, I can't remember the exact figure.

Not directly pertinent, but it brought back memories of my first WS jump (I had around 1,600 total jumps at the time). I was in a loaner Classic II, my newly minted BMI was in a S1, and we had a vidiot in a GTi. BMI told me to exit first, do a practice handle touch, and fly 90 degrees to LoF until they caught me, and he'd then give signals for flying the pattern and breakoff. They never caught me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

After 10 jumps in a GTI I picked up a PHI, which was an intermediate to advanced suit. Lots of tail wing, pretty twitchy. Not a good suit for a newbie.

10-20 jumps in on it found me on my back flat spinning through 4k of altitude before giving up and deploying in the spin. I got lucky and didn't get tangled up in my deploying main.

With Tonysuit's buyback program there's no reason not get an intro, or to pick up one of the 500 used GTI's out there. Learning on a small wing will give you some forgiveness.

Thats what I wanted to know :)

My jump numbers in profile are actual, so I tend to be a quiet observer here.

My past 120 jumps have been largely group tracking dives (some solos) and I recently purchased an IMPACT track suit since I've decided I need to focus more on school right now and don't want to add more difficulty to the dive.

That being said, when I even exited with this thing the first few times out of the otter I was taken back by the quick inflation and even that was enough to make me very wobbly and spend some time getting in control, guess Im not as cool as I thought I was. I assume I would have flipped over or god knows what with a real WS. Just an opinion, YMMV.

John, why didn't they? Natural talent on your side, lack of skill on their side, did they both funnel the exit, were they so much heavier than you or what? Curious ..

I'd like to say it was natural talent, but they both botched their exits:D:D. Added to which, I am a skinny bastard and I do know how to track (I have been as low as 80mph fall rate tracking in a tight nylon RW suit).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.