mrbiceps

How many jumps did u have when u did your first wingsuit jump?

I'm sorry, but I can't lurk in the background anymore and let this go on. Do you people realize that every damn thread in this forum turns into a "I got 72 jumps and I'm gonna jump a wingsuit... (followed by) You are a horrible person for doing that, unless you have 200 jumps, your mom is going to burn in hell if you jump a wingsuit early..." argument? Do you realize that all the other people from other disciplines lurk in this forum, read these threads, and then go away laughing at us? That fact that we even dignify these dumbass threads with a response makes us look like dirty cunts. With that said, I am going to make a promise... I will personally go to the next person's house that either starts another "how many jumps are needed to do an FFC" thread or turns an innocent thread into a bullshit-jump-numbers-whos-cock-is-bigger thread and I will pull a Jay and Silent Bob on their ass. Trust me, I have plenty of time on my hands now that I had my knee surgery and will be out for a year. I will take my massive post op ACL knee brace that I have to wear for the next month and I will beat them into a coma with it. How about instead of posting some meaningless bullshit question about jump numbers, you actually go out and jump? If you are so damn interested in wingsuits and cannot wait to fly one, the fastest way to 200 jumps is not the goddamn internet, but your nearest DZ. I agree with the guy earlier who said that the jumps required for wingsiut should be 500. 200, in my opinion, is too low because it is a number that is just within reach of people freshly off of AFF, who have been jumping their ass off for a couple of months and have between 85 and 150 jumps. These people have shit for experience, but are somewhat close to that magical 200 number that deems them somewhat ready. If you boost the minimum to 500, then hopefully that number will be high enough to where it keeps wingsuits out of the noobs minds for a few hundred jumps, and allow them to actually gain some valuable freefall skills. Another added benefit is that when these people actually do their FFC's, they may actually turn into quality wingsuiters because they actually have some real skydiving experience under their belts, and not just 200 hundred jumps of trying not to die. Well, I would love to rant some more, but I will probably get pimp slapped from voodoo for making a weak rant. :D:D:D:D:D. Have a wonderful Christmas everybody !!!!!

Do you realize that all the other people from other disciplines lurk in this forum, read these threads, and then go away laughing at us?

Pssst..... It's not just the other disciplines. ;)
Some of the post in this thread are priceless, as well as hilarious! :D
The internet breading new wingsuit flyers everyday! :S

Merry Christmas everybody!
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I would like to thank the people who took their time to contribute something worthwhile to this thread instead of having a go at me.

I would like to thank the people that had a go at you, it was worth the laugh. Sorry if at your expense, but the question gets asked alot and finally people came up with some really good responses.

We WS fliers believe in tough love. Voodew1 just believes in anal.:o
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I would like to thank the people who took their time to contribute something worthwhile to this thread instead of having a go at me.

I would like to thank the people that had a go at you, it was worth the laugh. Sorry if at your expense, but the question gets asked alot and finally people came up with some really good responses.

Actually if you read from the first post of the thread, the first person to "have a go" at anyone, was the OP himself (at me). Most people were polite in their responses, and while mine was blunt, it was not rude.

However, it wasn't what he wanted to hear, so it didn't "contribute."
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I had 81 skydives. But that was before the BMI program was started, wingsuits were pretty new.

Personally, to think about it now, it was a waste of a jumpticket - I was not aware enough in the sky, so I just spent 60sec diving straight down. The second jump went a little better, as I had a 70sec flight and had no clue where I opened and nearly landed in the powerlines.

So do what you want, but be ready to pay the price. In other words I don't recommend it based on personal experience. But of course, everybody nowdays has 100 jumps but "my instructors told me I fly/fall/land like someone with over 500".

I had 201 jumps. I started doing nothing but tracking around jump 120 until I had the numbers for wingsuiting. I think the tracking really helped.

Agreed, I starting doing nothing but tracking around jump 50 ... practicing belly, back, flat, steep, following, leading, front loops, back loops, barrel rolls, etc... along with practicing heading awareness and the wingsuit deployment sequence. I also think the tracking really helped.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

GIVE IT UP.. oh where have i heard that before??

Actually if you read from the first post of the thread, the first person to "have a go" at anyone, was the OP himself (at me). Most people were polite in their responses, and while mine was blunt, it was not rude.

However, it wasn't what he wanted to hear, so it didn't "contribute."

who out there jumped wing first time with less than 200 jumps and did u regret it?

I jumped a Wingsuit before my 200th jump and I don't regret it! It's not about jump numbers, it's wat you dare!

I just did not want to wait anymore and said "F* the rules!" and strapped on a wingsuit on my 199th jump! ;)
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

About 800 or so before I did my first jump on a wingsuit.

This was after quite the instruction and my first flight was on a Birdman Classic.

At 200 jumps I wasn't even thinking about a camera, that was for the people with lots of jumps, and wingsuits were not around, but the opinion on that would have probably been the same.

People... take your time, enjoy every jump and just learn along the way. At 200 jumps I was still belly flying doing 10-20 ways and having an absolute blast flying a Triathlon 190 loaded at 1:1

How come these days you have to have multiple cameras on your head by the time you have 250 jumps? Enjoy learning to fly and jump with your friends...

250+

Local regulation.

I've heard things about regulation in northern europe (finland/ sweden) I like how they take care of business there based on what I've heard.

My favorite one is: if you land consciously from a cypress fire, you're a retired skydiver, cause you're supposed to be dead. It might be slightly different, but thats the one I heard.

I had around 450 jumps when I did my first wingsuit jump in a GTI. As others keep stating I think 200 jumps should be the absolute minimum, personally I think the higher jump # the better. Oh yeah, do remember 200 jump minimum with instruction from a wingsuit instructor.
It is not about can you skydive a wingsuit when things go right it is also about keeping your head with they do not, and that only really comes from time and experience.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I had a question about the requirements as well. Is there a specific list of skills you are required or recommended to have before you try a wingsuit? It seems to me that the 200 or 500 jumps would need to be in a RELATED discipline, before they just say 'Oh, 500 jumps?, ok go ahead.' They could be 500 hop & pop's or jumpmaster loads or any number of jumps that have very little skill translation into wing suiting?

Am I missing a requirement somewhere? Does it also say they need to be 200 minimum, with at least 100 being tracking dives, or something like that?

That would make more sense, to me anyway. I just watched a wicked wingsuit video, but FYI, I won't be even thinking about trying it until I have about a billion more jumps ;)

Cheers.
PULL!! or DIE!!

It depends on your wingsuit instructor. I prefer my students to be well rounded, ie can take docks on belly, won't dive through a formation, have experienced the unstable-ness of learning to freefly, CRW tends to help with holding a heading, tracking jumps I actually don't care so much about.

When I did my first WS jump my BMI had me do some 20 freefly jumps first as all I'd been doing was CRW for some time.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I would agree, but take in mind I'm a newbie when it comes to WS. I am an AFFI and the ability to stay calm, know my heading, get stable after being VERY unstable (think freaked out AFF student) have been very helpful in my new passion. Learn to fly your body. Get to the point where there is less thinking and it is more natural.

steveOrino

137 jumps-i had already Prodigy from internet.In Bulgaria there is no any wingsuit pilot(not instructor)so i start by my own.So i start like that but, Prodigy is really perfeckt beginer wingsuit.Yes it took me 3 mouts of talking to proove that i can jump whit,but now i jump Vampire =)Try Prodigy.

Best best regards Paco