mrbiceps

How many jumps did u have when u did your first wingsuit jump?

Make a lot of jumps and at least (but preferably A LOT more than) the 200 or so FREEFALL jumps generaly recommended as the bare minimum

Read the nice article Robert Kelley wrote for some nice things to focus on and keep in mind while learning to fly your body..

http://www.flylikebrick.com/safety-training.php
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Give it up...

whats up your ass buddy, i am asking a simple question, so fcuk off out of my thread if u havn't got something constructive to say. I am after some feedback from people with regards to their first flight and how experienced they were and how it went.

Give it up...

whats up your ass buddy, i am asking a simple question, so fcuk off out of my thread if u havn't got something constructive to say. I am after some feedback from people with regards to their first flight and how experienced they were and how it went.

I wanted it pretty bad, so I worked my butt off and got to 200 before Scott Gray came to our DZ and did our first jump course. I am glad that I waited, and sometimes think that I'd have been good to wait even longer. Being on the other side now, I very much enjoy it, but I won't and don't recommend jumping the gun. The sky will always be there, take your time, jump lots, learn to land well, etc, etc. Then do it. It's worth waiting.

whats up your ass buddy, i am asking a simple question,

Its one thats been asked in roughly one out of every 10 threads.
The search function on this forum is a hidden gem..

And you're allowed to use it before and after you reach 200 posts...;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Give it up...

whats up your ass buddy, i am asking a simple question, so fcuk off out of my thread if u havn't got something constructive to say.

Regardless of how you took it, my comment was actually very constructive. The best thing you could do at this point is stop trying to buck conventional wisdom and get on the horse early (as you've done in now three separate posts in the past few days).

The people who regret their first wingsuit jump won't be in this forum posting about it, because they don't fly one anymore. I have met a good amount of people at boogies who have jumped a wingsuit once, and are now afraid of them. In all those cases, they either got really poor instruction, and/or were not ready for it.

/fucking off...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

i had somewhere under 50 skydives when i tried out my skyflier 1. all went well, i kept jumping it and took it off a mountain when i had about 40 airplane flights.

a wingsuit is an article of clothing made specifically for skydiving. there is no reason that that should interfere with having a safe routine skydive.

well I know a guy who had like 30 base jumps before he ever made a skydive out of an airplane too. ... but i would not recommend that. for anyone ymmv:o

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Give it up...

whats up your ass buddy, i am asking a simple question, so fcuk off out of my thread if u havn't got something constructive to say.

Regardless of how you took it, my comment was actually very constructive. The best thing you could do at this point is stop trying to buck conventional wisdom and get on the horse early (as you've done in now three separate posts in the past few days).

The people who regret their first wingsuit jump won't be in this forum posting about it, because they don't fly one anymore. I have met a good amount of people at boogies who have jumped a wingsuit once, and are now afraid of them. In all those cases, they either got really poor instruction, and/or were not ready for it.

/fucking off...

oh santa please give this fool a calculator

Do what you want I suppose, most people do anyways. If no one can talk you out of it, get a small suit, and find someone with a lot of experience to show you the ropes. As youll see people say a million times in past threads, you could be a natural WS pilot at 100 jumps, or ridiculously unsafe at 1000, depends on the person. jt, due to his profession, is probably in way better control of his body than the vast majority of the population, and seemingly just fine doing ws jumps at 50 skydives. You decide for yourself, but you live with the consequences, just make sure you dont take anyone down with you if you go down, cause that just really sucks.

While I am typically a calm voice of reason on this site...I will now depart from that role and tell you what most are probably thinking...

And why don't we give you a fucking clue. You've managed to come here to ask a question that is not only covered in the FAQ's but is asked EVERY GOD DAMN WEEK!!

If you had any brain in your head (and you obviously don't since your asking the sub200 jump question), you would take a second and learn a little about the person you are insulting. Matt (The111) is one of THE most respected people in wingsuiting. He freely shares his knowledge and expertise on anything he can possibly help you with. He is also the man that time and time again makes us look amazing through his photography, of which he typically receives no compensation, yet he continues happily...because it makes us happy.

The question you ask is an idiotic one. Not in the question itself, but the vainly veiled reasoning behind it. I've seen it a million times. You are the typical 100 jump wonder who thinks he is better than any skydiver who came before him.

Let me fill you in on a little fact. As good as you think you are right now...you are not. As much as you think you have seen so far...you have not seen anything. And as prepared as you think you are...you are not even close.

These recomendations were not pulled out of thin air. They were formulated after careful thought by people who had/have more jumps than you probably EVER will. Make no mistake...people have died wingsuiting. People who WERE among the best skydivers in the world.

Ask Bram Clement (who has over 13,000 skydives) how his 2nd wingsuit jump went LAST YEAR....Wait, I'll save you the time...He almost WENT IN.

Are you more current or experienced than him?

But listen...go do what you want. What does it matter what a bunch of faceless internet skydivers think. You obviously don't value our opinion anyway.

But just so it does not seem I am irrationally responding to your posts, as you did to matt, I will still answer your question.

200 jumps is a recomendation built solidly around the idea that after 200 jumps, you have at least a base knowledge of skills essential to wingsuiting, of which are the following: Stable Exits, solid ability to fly your body, spacial awareness, stability while tracking, ability to hold a heading while tracking, stable deployments, awareness under canopy, mental awareness to process many new factors during the jump, navigation, emergency procedures, dealing with line twists, and canopy traffic protocols.

At anything under these numbers, there simply has not been sufficient time to be exposed to all of those requisite skills. You right now have 85 jumps, take my list to heart and work on those skills. Ask experienced Wingsuiters...AND LISTEN TO THEM with an open mind. Ask them for drills you can practice BEFORE doing a wingsuit jump.

Listen, its not that I don't want you to do a wingsuit jump ever...just not now. I am pissed off at you for your conduct towards Matt, as I'm sure your mad at my response, but please take the time to listen to what myself, and many other EXPERIENCED skydivers have to say. I would rather read about your first jump as a success in this forum, than to read about it in the INCIDENTS forum

And here's another cool trick I did with my calculator: 200 - 85 = 115. Pretty neat, right?

Don't worry Phil, I still love mrbiceps and his massive upper arms. But not as much as I love Peggy Weggs.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Can someone please explain to me where i said that i would fly wingsuit before the recommended 200 jumps have been completed? And peggs82 are you some sort of mind reader?
I dont think i am some great skydiver dick head. I am the first one to admit at the drop zone that i am still learning and to ask for advice from the experienced guys. I was invited to a 5 way on the weekend and i explained to everyone that i was a beginner at a formation of that size and ended up having trouble docking with the group in my correct slot. I felt bad for the other jumpers and feel that i wrecked their jump even though they were cool about the 4 way they ended up doing. They asked me to go again and i declined and told them that i didnt want to wreck their dive with my inexperience.
I get invited on quite a few jumps from the regular jumpers and i always tell them i would love to join them but i am only learning and am still learning how my body positions effect my flight in the air.
I ask the guys how i went and how i can improve and what i need to do to keep with the group in tracking jumps and stuff like that.
Anyway make up your own mind about how u think i am some hero skydiver who has 80 jumps up and thinks that he is as good as the owner of our dz who has 25000.

Here we go again --- I need some explaination to:

Matt (The111) is one of THE most respected people in wingsuiting.

I thought you, Jeff and Justin with a little Ed on the side were the most respected wingsuiters out there (sorry to throw Ed in there but he is now one of the worlds premeir wingsuit pilots according to Modern Marvels)
Matt now lives in Texas which makes him disrepectful - give him another year and he will go out of his way to disrespect all the 'Coastal Bitches' (by the way we are 'gulf bastards')

So maybe you need to consider or even make a list of who the most respected or even the worlds premeir wingsuit pilots are .............. that way it would be easier to make fun of them

You can now go back to the stupid post about how many jumps before ........... over 500 for me with training from a BMI - and the training was free but I did give him room and board for almost a week along with a Thanksgiving dinner

Merry Christmas to all (and for once I actually meant something I wrote)

PS - Peggs if your going to rant ..............try a little harder it was weak:ph34r:

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

How many jumps did everyone have? who out there jumped wing first time with less than 200 jumps and did u regret it?

I had just over 300 jumps when I started wingsuit. Focus was mostly freefly before that.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Actually, I can honestly say I started at 195 and should have waited till ~250.

Does that prove anything to you?

Please listen to Phil's and Matt's input.

That's the sum total of my input on this thread.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Can someone please explain to me where i said that i would fly wingsuit before the recommended 200 jumps have been completed?

Does this count?

Re: [The111] how much experience to fly a mach 1 ?

thanks for the advice guys. im thinking that the mach 1 is a good deal but ive seen a few gti s for pretty cheap so one of those sounds like a better idea for me. cant wait to soar like a bird soon.

(My emphasis.)
Johan.
I am. I think.

I had less than the 200, and it showed on my first flight.

If you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT get a small suit and find someone experienced to coach and fly with you. Don't plan on just buying one and doing a solo.

edit: Don't post about it. Get off the internet, ask around, or find a crazy russian with two suits B|;)

This isn't flying, its falling with style.