NSEMN8R

Volturius II

Drawings of the Arm wings for Nick's new suits are attached. He's building me a Volturius II. It should be done this week.

This will be the first one, so I'm not sure what to expect. How do you think this thing is going to fly? The arm wing attaches just above the knee and the legwing is the same as the rigor mortis legwing (Portugese Whore). What kind of flight characteristics would you expect out of a wing shaped like that? He's going to market it as an aerobatic suit, but it doesn't look like any of the other aerobatic suits on the market. He says it's the first elliptical wingsuit. Think it will fly?

It will fly for sure.... However the larger wing creates more drag on your upper body , specially if it attaches just above the knee. The larger the wing the more drag it creates. I really don't think it will be the ideal acrobatic suit due to the fact that you are going to need much more input for and strenght for acrobatic manuevers. If you look at the already existing aimed wingsuits for acrobatics they have a smaller wing . My 2 cents. Be safe and God bless you my friend.
" THE SKY IS THE LIMIT "

It will be Big for sure so I would put it in the same league as the floating suits out there. SM1, Stealth, etc.

Not sure if he is doing this for all suits but I asked him to move the grip outward for the arm wing on mine. Kind of like in the picture.

Do you have to ask why? :P

Kris

I ordered the RM2. I think Abbie is getting a Volturus2. After we manage to fly them into the ground doing stupid shit, I'll make sure someone reports the performance parameters.

Como se dice Lonely Desert Big Wall?

You down for a road trip Team Joto??
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Wasnt Robi's old faithfull the GTi already a semi eliptical wingsuit (if you look at the armwing design/shape)?:P

not GTI but the good old Skyflyer..

edit to add: talk about "eliptical" wings..i can`t say i ever seen any bird with eliptical wings...so what`s the benefit with that??? just wonder

Wasnt Robi's old faithfull the GTi already a semi eliptical wingsuit (if you look at the armwing design/shape)?:P

edit to add: talk about "eliptical" wings..i can`t say i ever seen any bird with eliptical wings...so what`s the benefit with that??? just wonder

I have not seen any human that looks like a bird either:P.

I have not seen any human that looks like a bird either:P.

no...that`s why we try to look like birds by strap on those weird suit called wingsuit:P...

haha..this remind me that line from Coombesy...

"Do you think that birds ever want to put on human suits to see what it feels like to go for a walk?" :D

I was waiting to do more jumps with it, only done one. But heres what I got from that flight.

Before anything let me say that Im not qualified to be giving wingsuit reviews. I only got 148 ws jumps, of wich 144 are on a Aerobat (no grippers), 2 jumps with a Raptor, and 2 more on a RigorMortisI (jumps 12 and 13). So I can only compare to the Aerobat, and they are not build for the same purpose. 75% +- of my jumps are solos....
So theres my lack of expirience :P

Now the "review":
The suit was very stable and easy to fly. Since Im not used to grippers, I was doing practice pulls and playing with the grippers, not going for time or distance, I was just feeling the suit. No issues on deployment.
According to the Viso setting where you see fall rate every second, fall rate was in the low 50's with some moments in the high 40's. Also this was the first time I cheated the Protrack into thinking I pulled after 17 seconds. Freefall time was about the same as the Aerobat, but I pulled 2000' higher than normal. That was without trying to go slow.

I chose a shorter spot than normal, and I was not concentrating on distance, so I cant say much about that. All I can say is that I felt the speed, I could see the ground moving quick and had to do some S turns to stay close to where I wanted to be open.

Ill say something more when I fly it 20+ more times.
Attachement to see what Im "comparing" with. Aerobat on top.

HISPA #93
DS #419.5