base754

BackFlying

I am Jumping a Phantom1 and can't seem to figure out how to fly it with my leg wing all the way open. No matter how hard I arch if I open my leg wing all the way it tilts me head down. I can fly my leg wing half way open nicely, but would like to get to a point where i can open my leg wing more. Any one else having this problem when backflying the phantom? Any help would be great.................

You might not be stretching your arms out far enough; they might be behind you? Really try to stretch out your arms out as far as possible, and also make sure they are on level with your body. Then try to max your leg wing.

Although it might also be that you just feel like you're going headdown a bit. In max glide ratio mode, I usually tip my head down a little, this seems counterintuitive, but usually the extra forward speed gets you more lift and you end up going slower downwards than if you just try flying floaty and cupping air.

Let us know how it works out.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Agree with much of Costyn said....

Also, it seems many people automatically want to jump to a legs open back flying position. It takes a lot of time, I think, to feel out just what works on each suit to give you the upper body lift to counteract the lower body.

I do really agree with Costyns last point, for full on max out, leg open back flying.... my shoulders dig very deep, and my head is atleast level (ie not looking at my feet or stomach).

Take it slow, gradually opening more...you'll get it:)