mccordia

Dubai Flying

Hmm.....opening of the video says "world record." According to whom? Did Guinnes ratify it? Did BASE-A ratify it? Is it official? Whose record is it?
Very cool jump, but without ratification...it's meaningless, right?
Otherwise, nicely produced piece for a meaningless jump.:P

Hmm.....opening of the video says "world record." According to whom? Did Guinnes ratify it? Did BASE-A ratify it? Is it official? Whose record is it?

Damn, less than 10 minutes. I had a little private bet with myself that somebody would post something like this. I was thinking 15-20 though. :ph34r:

Touche!....:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I know you're joking...but this one is easy...because it is factual....it is the tallest building BASE jump...a simple record to define and prove.

70 geeks "flying" "close" to each other in the sky is a bit more fuzzy.:P
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Actually I am working on getting the FAI to recognise WS BASE jumping too.

Just kidding.

They posted proof, video. ;)

As Jarno stated, my point for 'snore was about using the word "official" (and satisfying predefined criteria)

BUT I have it on good authority (from Jeff himself) that "the photo" exists and will be posted in due time.

BASEstore.it

factual....it is the tallest building BASE jump...a simple record to define and prove.

70 geeks "flying" "close" to each other in the sky is a bit more fuzzy.:P

They posted proof, video

How do you know that it was not done earlier with more stealth without self condeming video? These guys have the record of burning the short lived object for sure!

Dude..EVERYTHING is a record if media is involvedB|:P

And they didnt mention the word 'official' anywhere..so no Guiness needed (unless you're talking about beer stout B|)

I fixed it for you ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

How do you know that it was not done earlier with more stealth without self condeming video? These guys have the record of burning the short lived object for sure!

I've been told by credible sources that this is the case. But the video says "we were first" and says "world record." Since there is nothing "official" in BASE, it's just as much an "officiai" as "unofficial" record.

The word "official" means something different in various cultures, for what little it's worth. My bad for taking the thread OT.:$

It's a very cool video, well produced, well thought out, and the jump is one I'm envious of. I'd not want to go to jail in Dubai. While the city is most beautiful, I've also seen where the jail is, and it's not pretty. No jump is worth even a couple nights in that district, IMO.

The word "official" means something different in various cultures, for what little it's worth. My bad for taking the thread OT.:$

Dont think it does...though it does seem to go towards a different meaning in this small corner of the skydiving community..:P

The word 'official' is never mentioned with this basejumping video...so dont see any reason why it should be brought up here.
These guys did it right..they claimed a record..and thats it...nothing official..

NOT having the word official stamped on something (like on the current amazing 71 way record) doesnt de-valuate it one bit.
This nagging on something so totaly un-important for what was achieved does..

Since there is nothing "official" in BASE, it's just as much an "officiai" as "unofficial" record.

Naaaahh...'record' and 'official' are two different things. this 'media' record, isnt any more official than the dump I just took.

Unless I get the 'Swiss Department of Facall Standards' in Zurrich to measure and certify it...it means crap in terms of its officiality..

Now back to the programB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

7 months have gone by between the jump and the posting of the video, in which time 2 people were arrested on site for BASE jumping. I don't think this video is what burned the object:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?