moreton

‘Sticky lines on Techno reserve’: should I be concerned?

Earlier this year I had the line set on my Parachutes de France Techno reserve replaced, approximately two years after it was manufactured. The reason I did this is that two packers had expressed concern over the stickiness of the lines. By ‘sticky’, I mean the lines felt tacky and when pulled out of the free bag they remained clumped together.
The first packer, 6 months ago had already commented that the lines were sticky and had left the canopy out to air for a week before packing it. The packer also noted that the lines on another Parachutes de France techno reserve manufactured at about the same time were in a similar condition but not as bad as mine were.

The following time the packer clearly refused to pack the reserve and told me to send it to Parachutes de France as he felt it was not normal for the lines to be in such a condition.
Parachutes de France response after receiving the reserve said that is passed the test and that was all that concerned them. Despite them refusing to admit there was a problem, I believe they have since changed the material used on all of their new reserves.
I was so concerned that two packers had expressed concern over the condition of the lines that I asked Parachutes de France to change the line set at my expense.
I am writing to find out if anybody has had a similar problem with the same equipment or any other equipment.
How concerned would people be with jumping a reserve that has ‘sticky’ lines?
On my main canopy, I would perhaps not be as worried, but on the reserve, I do not wish to take any chances.
(For your information, my main canopy is a PD Spectre and has absolutely no problem with the lines. Due to an accident (not skydiving), I was not able to jump for over three months and the lines on my Spectre main were fine).
:(

Only just over a week ago I saw what could be the very same "problem". The reserve had last been packed a year ago. The packer commented on the clumped lines but did not think it would have any negative impact on the opening. Once he picked up the canopy and shook it a few times the lines freed themselves easily enough.
I jump Techno reserves and am not worried about it. I have also had two reserve rides on a Techno, both opened at low speed with no problems. Although I must say that they had both be repacked recently.

Dave