Skwrl

Elsinore 71 - They Got It!

Okay, people, perhaps it's time to move on... Don't you think?
This horse has been beaten to death!!!!!
The same few vocal guys keep demanding a better picture... and the same responses ensue. Do you honestly think anything's going to change at this point? If there is any more footage to be seen, you'll get to see it when you'll get to see it, and no further whining in this thread is going to make any difference.

This conversation is getting ridiculous. It's like those threads in Incidents when you get to a certain point where there just isn't anything left to add, but people keep debating whether or not it was the color of the pull-up cord that was at fault.

Everything that needed to be said has been said already. Just draw your own conclusions and get over it.
Whatever you have a big problem with, start thinking about the NEXT record and find solutions to improve on things so that you won't have that same problem to complain about again.

And if you really can't sleep at night because you need to see a picture with a grid on it, here's one.
Not good enough for ya? Make your own. It only takes about 10 minutes.

p.s. Skwrl you totally made my day. Spilled my drink and everything. I think I wanna go roller-bungee-shark-fucking with you. Maybe they'll let us do it in Puerto Rico? Lurch - you get video slot. :P

DSE, your post shows the high level of emotional attachment you have to this record attempt.

So turn your emotions off for a moment and reread this thread.

A record has been claimed - I asked to see proof. I think I am not alone in that too.

This is an internet forum, everyone has the right to claim what ever they want. Anyone else has the right to ask for proof to legitimize such claims.

"I landed a wingsuit" - "I made a 80sec delay from 4000' " - "They have weapons of mass destruction"...

Something unique and amazing was achieved in Elsinore - AND I would like to see the photo of it.

What is wrong with the world if to ask to see proof is an "attack" or "offensive"? We just have to believe?

"I was just part of a slot perfect 172 way - a new world record"

Records are registered with external bodies for a reason. So the story goes, the Guinness book of records was created to stop people arguing in the pub about the "biggest" "longest" etc.

I totally love the fact a 71 way formation was flown over Elsinore - BIG RESPECT to everyone involved.
BASEstore.it

As I understand:
Photo(s) really exist but nobody knows who is in charge for the photos and therefore nobody can see photo(s).
Are there somebody who can give any estimation when something will be available (day, moth, year, century.....)?

I assume asking for the video is too much for this lifetime, right?!?

Anybody?!? :S

All the discussions and politics and 2015 release scedules for pictures and video of the actual jump aside..

This was a conversation I overheard two (non wingsuit flyers) have past weekend.

"Did you read about that wingsuit bigway thing they did"
"yea..some formation record. 70 somthing. Appearantly its only a record in their own community"
"Have you seen pictures anywhere"
"I dont know if they have the record on a picture anywhere"

And most skydive publications Ive read wrote about the record in a similar fashion..just some pictures on the build, and a bit of a carefull article on some form of formation.
Wouldnt it at least have been nice to have the picture published anywhere?

Its a shame most of the recognition and admiration for what was achieved is lost to most people (witin in the dicipline and the whole skydiving community) due to this long wait for an actual picture of the thing.

And the extentise tar and feather treatment some people are getting due just asking for a few wingsuit pixels out of EXITEMENT for what (supposedly?) happened....just sad...

Guess Ill leave this thread for another few weeks...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Holy Shit ~ you all have entirely too much time on your hands.

I dont come on here very often due to this exact reason. a whole lot of people, WHO DONT JUMP VERY MUCH, and definatly werent at the event because they were, as they stated themselves~ SCARED, voicing an opnion, which they are like assholes, everybody has one any they usually stink~ (Voodew has a double dose these days it seems)~ I mean really guys?

I am more than likely one of the most equal oppertunity wingsuiters out there. I continually support all the manufactures at every oppertunity, as well as giving back to the community of wingsuiters with what I do. Jason, Its quite insulting that you think that every photo I took belongs to everyone on the jump. Im glad that you have given back, like many of us have, to groups by giving video and stills to people. good for you. however, your basically saying that photographers, like myself, with well over 2000 wingsuit camera jumps~ shouldnt be compensated? Im sure Matt, Norman and Craig would agree with me that you are single handedly undermining the entire skydiving photography industry. Id like any of you to go on a RW or Freefly jump and see if you get the level of service that you recieve from us when you come on a wingsuit jump. ask em for a picture, see how much they charge. I still love you jason, just sometimes i wanna grab your hair and show you your future~ :P

I see alot of newbees on here weighing in. im glad your 100 wingsuit jumps and your lack of an invitation to the event were enough for you to judge everyone that was at this event, that you can only hope to fly with one day to learn more, and mabye be a part of something bigger.

I know you all are anxious, but why? it is just skydiving~

however to some of us, this is basically the main part of our lives. Its our passion, we do it almost every day, its what we live for. we eat, drink and sleep wingsuiting. we raise our children in the community, hell mine was concived in an otter on the ramp during flock and dock 1, so were pretty tied into this sport. most of you dont get that. you come out on the weekend, do a couple jumps, and think your kings of the universe. thats cool, nothin wrong with that, but I dont come to your job at applebees and tell you how to serve a beer do I? hell i just tried to be honest to people and some of you know how that wound up at chicks rock~ we dont want to stimulate skydivers to feel that way do we?

now, if you dont have at least 1000 wingsuit jumps... shut the fuck up and listen. unless your going to bring something constructive, dont tear into people who worked their asses off. We remember that. Everybody wanted to bring home a picture~ well your welcome. I gave everyone that attended the record a free print, it wasnt much but it was something everyone could put on their wall and say I was a part of something bigger than just me, and a gift from myself and the organizing body of the event. so thats not enough? I should just firewire all my video and stills to 71 people because I had a slot Jason? I dont think so.. I know I worked my ass of in elsinore. all day and most of the nite.. I think thats worth something, dont you?

one more thing~ Voodew~ I think you already feel like shit cause you werent there,and you missed us. thats about the only reasons to be as vocal and insulting about something that you werent even present for. I mean whats up? you didnt want to come fly with your friends? I did miss you~ I thought the TWAT boys would be around... beer+keyboard=bad ~ keep that in mind.

For everyone else~

Im sorry i felt the need to share my opnion, its a shame that our community, that many of us have been building for years, is turning out like this. I actually thought, that we were a tighter knit community than any other disapline in skydiving, at least thats what a few of us were trying to create, but like a bunch of spoiled children, this is how we act. I do this for love. I give of myself to my community and extended family becuase I love to do it. it makes me feel great when someone new comes and asks if i can jump with them. I love to give back my ideas of what they could do better. not because theyre paying me, or put in a ticket for me, but because I want more people to join us in the wonderful activity we all partake in. However, things like this can really make someone realize just how unappriciated we are.. mabye we should charge out the ass like everyone else does? because if people arent thankful for what theyre given, then what the fuck are you doing it for? I know for sure Im not doing this for myself, and everyone else that was involved in this event to be treated in such a fashion by our entire community. many of you on here have insulted everyone that came from all over the world to be a part of something great. and those of you that are treating us all this way, are just trying to stir the pot. the world is watching. why must you make us all, most importantly, yourselves look like fools. "well by god I wasnt there so it couldnt have happened! Ill have another beer an piss in other peoples wheaties!"

Grow the fuck up. if this thread is an indicator of what our "family" in wingsuiting is about, I think Ill go back to the family I left years ago, at least them I can see comin before they try to fuck me~

This is a very disappointing day for me. the day I saw my community Ive put well over 5 years into, for what they really are.. this sucks... you guys should fix this yoursleves... now everybody go do a fucking solo and remember why it is we do this~ then come back and share your thoughts.

PS~ Sorry to all of you that this dosent apply to~ none of us should have to listen to so many versions of BS, I know I dont have time for it..
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Whole rants aside...most of the people only want to see the photo of the formation...

Just wanting to see what was done...show it to friends..show it to fellow skydivers...marvel at how cool it looks and how awesome the achieved formation looks (be it 99% slotperfect and not the intended 100%).

Every other record attempt in FF/RW/Crew has had the record picture and or video online within days. sometimes hours.
The reason for not wanting to showing it being what it is....

It was out of exitement for what happened there that many people started asking..(at least for me it was..) And for a lot of people(including MANY people who where at the event) the exitement seems to get killed by text-only descriptions on the achieved event..and no real photo to be proud at...

Shame that for some people thats a reason to start tar and feather treatments...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

+1

Hell I think everyone who has asked for any pics has also repeatedly complimented everyone involved for what they did. It WAS an awesome amazing feat!
It would be nice to see some pics of it. I for one fully understand compensation and ownership of said video and pictures for that matter. But news IS timely these days. A picture of an event that happened months ago doesn't hold much value, really, does it?

Goes good with beer and keyboard.

Lighten up Scotty - some people just take all this a little too seriously.:P

You guys done real good out there...share it with us!

but I dont come to your job at applebees and tell you how to serve a beer do I?

Scotty, haven't you learned from your own painful experience? Applebees employees are a tad sensitive about their profession. Or are you just looking for another beer bottle upside the noggin?
Brian Drake

Thats the point i was trying to make bro... Everyone one here is just so serious... relax everyone jump more. and go look at my site or matts if youd like to see a photo of the event... I might not have all those nifty grids, but hey, its pretty clear theres a big ass wingsuit formation flyin thu the sky. so ease up on everyone at the event. let them have their moment.. fly and be happy about it~ I dont know where "the photo" is but I do know where yall can see a bunch of em. have a coke and a smile, and go fly your suit.. I really do love you guys.. believe it or not~ painfully so~

Merry Xmas

but I dont come to your job at applebees and tell you how to serve a beer do I?

Scotty, haven't you learned from your own painful experience? Applebees employees are a tad sensitive about their profession. Or are you just looking for another beer bottle upside the noggin?

Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

"but I do know where yall can see a bunch of em. have a coke and a smile, and go fly"

------------------

Clicky http://www.sky2productions.com/component/option,com_expose/Itemid,58/ ;):P

NO "THE PHOTO" CLAIMS - Just nice pics

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Glen are you not Mr Phoenix fly? Or since the last time I have seen you have you switched? By the way Glen thanks for grouping me together with the Phoenix fly crew that made my day

Well I was 100%... that is until team fly like a dutch oven infiltrated. There goes the neighborhood.

One of the judges has sent me a copy of "the photo", thank you.

So, what's your conclusion, did we get it?
Will you post it so we can see it?
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

So, what's your conclusion, did we get it?

I cant speak for james, but for a lot of people the only reason to want to see was to see WHAT was done. See the pretty picture of 71 wingsuits in formation. Be it 100% slotperfect or 99,9% slotperfect. Its just because of wanting to see something awesome...Not to rate it.B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?