Skwrl

Elsinore 71 - They Got It!

So, what's your conclusion, did we get it?

I cant speak for james, but for a lot of people the only reason to want to see was to see WHAT was done. See the pretty picture of 71 wingsuits in formation. Be it 100% slotperfect or 99,9% slotperfect. Its just because of wanting to see something awesome...Not to rate it.B|

Dude, if every request for 'the pic' was as perceived as you say it, this thread would have half as many posts :D

Anyway, being part of something like this is a life enriching experience. Not my thing but would have loved to be in Elsinore during the event just to recharge on the positive energy.

Kris

Out of the 71 wing-suit pilots, which suit showed the most attendance? Birdman, Phoenix-Fly, Tony Suits, etc..?

Just to answer your question I would guestimate pretty even across all brands, maybe fewer S-flys ,like under ten. roughly twenty of every other brand. Didn't see any knock offs or customs. Don't remember seeing any classics or GTIs or Gi wings.

Wow, finally got to read the last 7 pages of this thread and catch up on all the bickering. Has any firm conclusion been reached besides the fact that glen is gay? Only other ones that I can come to are that people dont like something theyve worked really really hard on to be questioned, and people who arent a part of something spectacular can sometimes poo poo the results. Awesome job everyone who participated including many of my norcal friends.

Hello,
It has been a couple days since you "claimed" to have
received a copy of "the photo" from one of the judges.
You have ignored repeated requests to post "the photo"
or to comment about the completion of the formation.
Why are you keeping us in the dark?
If you have such a photo as you claim
shouldn't you put it on-line immediately?
Or you could proove that you have "the photo"
by describing what the formation looks like.
I'm not sure I believe you really have it......
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Only other ones that I can come to are that people dont like something theyve worked really really hard on to be questioned, and people who arent a part of something spectacular can sometimes poo poo the results.

I don't agree with you that there is anyone poo-pooing the result in this thread. Nobody questions the fact that it was an awesome event, that is was groundbreaking and unprecedented; the only thing everbody is asking, where is the 'we did it' picture.

I worked really hard during the days I was there, and I too would like an official picture and press release about the event.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Hi Avery,

I've sent you a PM.

I was sent the grid photo that was in the debrief document.

I am not a judge, just a curious observer.

Until the organizers post the photo themselves and confirm it to be the definitive "photo" I am keeping schtum.

The stand is open for the event judges / organizers..
BASEstore.it

I think I see what's going on here. I bet one of those 71 wingsuiters was making a rude gesture when "the picture" was taken, ruining it and making it innapropriate to post publicly. I once even saw a skydiver stick his tongue out, right toward a camera! That sort of thing has to go straight to just once place... the garbage!

To whomever ruined "the picture," THANKS A LOT, JERK!

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Dave

So, what's your conclusion, did we get it?

I cant speak for james, but for a lot of people the only reason to want to see was to see WHAT was done. See the pretty picture of 71 wingsuits in formation. Be it 100% slotperfect or 99,9% slotperfect. Its just because of wanting to see something awesome...Not to rate it.B|

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2008-11/2008-11_p43.html#navbar

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2008-11/2008-11_p60.html#navbar

Two pictures with 71 wingsuits in formation. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com