Skwrl

Elsinore 71 - They Got It!

So you are saying you have seen 'the picture'?

And why would you care if they make money off the picture - you paid for all of their jumps so in essence they are your photos - you paid for them probably twice.

For the record I have never charged for pics or video if my slot was paid in fact I can't remember charging even if I paid my own way

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I saw the picture that was sent out as part of the debriefing to all participants. Others have as well. Maybe there's a better picture, I don't know.

Since I had to fly home on Tuesday night, I wasn't part of the formations on Wednesday in any event. I have no dog in this hunt. But I can tell you the picture that I saw was pretty impressive.

Why do I care if the photogs make money? Because Matt and Scotty are nice guys that I've enjoyed skydiving with - and having a beer with on the couple of times that I've met them - and quite frankly I hope they can make some money off of it. (This isn't a knock on Craig or Norman - I'm sure they're both great guys, too, I had just never met them before Elsinore.)

And I didn't "pay for them" - they still own the copyright (unless they assigned it someone else).

I could turn the question on you, though: why would anyone feel that they are entitled to access to the photogs' property?

Now, perhaps I made a mistake posting this thread originally saying "They Got It", since I wasn't there for Wednesday and was relaying third hand information. But based on the evidence, it looks like they did something pretty fucking cool.

Overall, I guess I don't get my knickers in a twist over any of this stuff. I skydive because it's fun. If it ceases to be fun I'll take up something else, like roller-bungee-shark-fucking. I mean, seriously: you'd never know what we do is fun from half of the crap on dropzone.com.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

First talk to a QUALIFIED roller-bungee-shark-fucking instructor!

;)

I'm dim. What is the difference between "Qualified, certified, and ratified?" Who provides the qualification, certification, and/or ratification?

Well, duh, Spot, it's the USRBSFA (the US Roller Bungee Shark Fucking Association) that promulgates the ratings.

Internationally, it's the PESRIA (the Putain élastique - saut de Requin sur Roues Association, I think the "fucking" is implied...)

Of course, some of the gear manufacturers also have their own requirements...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Apparently that's your job.

Interesting, you turn it on me again :)

Wouldn't that be a question for you to answer?

Well not really, I am not the one claiming to have a set a 71 way slot perfect wingsuit formation record.

I was under the impression that you're the wingsuiting FAI guy.

Haha, me again.

Anyone who is motivated can approach the FAI-IPC, to achieve recognition is a BIG job and no one person will achieve it. It will take a team effort involving motivated wingsuit jumpers from many countries to make it happen.

So how about you make a post which is not trying to attack me - but more about explaining where "the photo" is - or if you can't answer that please tell us who was the judge/s who said "we did it"?
BASEstore.it

Jeff.
I just laughed till I thought I was gonna puke. I will happily buy your slot and shoot video, I'll even spring for the chainmail condoms if you're into safe sex (safe!?) just so long as I get to witness your first attempt at roller bungee shark fucking. Where you get the shark, and whether its consensual or against the wishes of the shark, is your problem. But I do suggest you don't cheap out on the skates-buy high end.
General note: I find myself amazed at the relentlessly insistent grinding negativity being displayed by some in this thread. I gotta give credit for balls, though, it takes some chutzpah to try to loudly call bullshit on the 71 team. Funny. WE were the ones who actually flew the damn thing and the announcement and teaser pics were good enough for US. Why all the tear-it-down armchair quarterbacking? I mean, what about in six months when all pics slated for release are long since dispersed to the public and we've seen fifty different views of the thing and the world has long since agreed its The Record and its still not boxed up enough for you... What are you going to do then...keep challenging it insisting it ain't real till the NEXT one? We who flew it were the ones who put everything we had into it. We did it. We're happy with it. Get over it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

"Judges"
Jeff Nebelkopf
Taya Weiss
Mark Harris
Phil Peggs
Justin Shorb
Ed Palowski

Quit playing the victim role, no one has attacked you at any point. The flip side is you've denigrated this event since it was announced.
My apologies, I was completely unaware anything was owed to anyone not at the event?

Hell!!! All staring to smell like conspiracy.....
I heard yesterday speculation that Mr. Kim Jon Ill recovered fully from brain stroke!
Maybe we should just wait few more years to see the picture(s) and Video(s). Imagine the pile of documents dear Kim Jon Ill need to sign before release...
As we see, to relay on his deputies is no good as it looks that they are to afraid to show any picture without approval.

Guys & gals... Get the picture and video out... It is just to ridiculous how funny all this is...
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Why is he playing the victim role, at no point have I seen this happen?Is there some sort of secret wingsuit forum where James has been ripping on the Elsinore Wingsuit that I havent seen, as far as I know he has been all for it. I fail to see why its taken so long for the picture to come out, If you have to go through every picture to find one that works did you actually get the record? You said it would take months to go through all the pictures, as far as I know it was only the last couple days that the record was even attempted. What bothers me the most is that this record set the rules before the event and now it seems like those rules have vanished. I hope everyone did get the record but all I want is a picture.
Just my two cents

I'm sure the horse is long dead on this one. Either the claim happened or it did not, so the 2 options are:

1. The evidence shows it happened as claimed.

2. No evidence; claim did not happen.

It's easy to see which option was chosen.

If we don't require evidence to back the claim then I should mention that last weekend I took a bunch of first flight students and did a slot perfect 72 way Galactic Record.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

***Either the claim happened or it did not, so the 2 options are:

1. The evidence shows it happened as claimed.

2. No evidence; claim did not happen.

It's easy to see which option was chosen. ***

The problem with all you skeptics is that you're being too logical. Plus you weren't there so your opinions mean squat and your demands for evidence are unfair and mean-spirited. Can't you just take our word for it? The kool-aid they served us at the event was really damn delicious so shut the hell up!
Brian Drake

.. I gotta give credit for balls, though, it takes some chutzpah to try to loudly call bullshit on the 71 team. ..

Actually, I see his point. One picture would suffice to shut up the critics once and for all, but the organisation has chosen not to do that (this time anyway). Apart from the debrief photo, the only pictures and videos I have seen from Wednesday were of the last jump, where I immediately noticed one slot missing anyway (it was close to my own; I would). I have asked permission to repost the debrief photo, did not get it, and did not push the matter. Frankly, I want to be on the next record as well. :P

But the long and short of it is, I have seen no shred of evidence, not one, there ever was a fifth jump on Wednesday. Just claims.

Funny. WE were the ones who actually flew the damn thing and the announcement and teaser pics were good enough for US. .. We who flew it were the ones who put everything we had into it. We did it. We're happy with it. Get over it.
-B

Brian, I think you're a nice guy, but can we agree to disagree on this?

At the time, it was good enough for me.

But, as I have told the organisation people (first, before spouting off on a public forum. not saying you or anybody else did not), I would have liked to take home one picture (that I could repost) that shows my family, friends, supporters and possibly (though not in my case) personal sponsors just what we achieved instead of having to verbalise everything and point at the pictures that were out there and say 'And we did even better on Wednesday, but you (and I) will have to wait any unknown amount of time for those pix.' That could have been a limited resolution, even a grayscale photo without any resale value itself and without material impact on other pictures' resale value.

And, while not vocal about it, by now I would like to see a, any, picture appear in the media, online, at a photo webshop, wherever, of a money shot. If we did it, there must be a limited amount of possible photos of it. There must be more than one, too. Yes, at the time, it was good enough. Past tense now. It's been a month. Until you posted I wasn't complaining, it won't keep keep me from participating next time, but I am less than happy by now. The news value is gone. (This part I have not specifically told the organisation people first, in fact, not at all. If it surprises them, I'll apologise. But I think they know, or imagine, the general sentiment already.)

Not saying Jeff, Taya and team did not do a great job on other parts of organising the event. Not trying to nail them to the wall for the way they did this part. But they left themselves open to what's happening now by doing this part this way. Of course, they still did way, way better than I ever could. :)
Johan.
I am. I think.

Anyone who is motivated can approach the FAI-IPC, to achieve recognition is a BIG job and no one person will achieve it. It will take a team effort involving motivated wingsuit jumpers from many countries to make it happen.

WHY?

So we all can pay an extra $35 bucks for an FAI sporting license on top of all of the other fees we have to pay in order to hold an event...... just to say we got it? PASS!

I already have the t-shirt bitches. And I'm on you tube freaks...... some of it in HD.

Whats with you predominantly PF guys: James B, Jarno, Tony the spy, Dan. We all know whats up with Jason......... But you too Robi, shame shame. Thanks for the support Guys. At least Jari sent a very uplifting PM during the event........ its a very sad day to be PF guy.

If you want pictures bug the organizers who have them. Leave the tread alone we don't have what you want unless you want me to whip up some more pictures of Eric Estrada for you?

We all know whats up with Jason.........

WTF????????? I don't get it - just because everytime somebody says or does something stupid I make fun of them .........Now I am placed in a category

Guess what my presidents there is no category for fuckers like me:ph34r:

Its raining. No where to fly around here. This tread needs its own moderator not for TOS stuff but just to keep the sissy-ness down and Eric Estrada wins.

> Guess what my presidents there is no category for fuckers like meSly.

Absolutely true! I love you like an aborted twin brother embryo. Never change!

Whether there is "the photo" or not, there are literally thousands. Just looking through pix for two guys in particular took multiple nights. Additionally, the organizers know they're going to be picked over like a carcass is picked over by vultures. I'd be hesitant too, at this point. The organizers don't get the same courtesy afforded a manufacturer that announces something a year early, posts teaser pix for a year...because it's ego, not biz that drives the desire to see the photos.
But I digress....

a good friend called me on the phone to point out that it appears I'm being "personal" and not"professional.
I'm not a professional, but...
Yeah, I guess I am. I'll leave the discussion with this.
I'm not gifted at being a comical arse like Vectorboy or Voodew. I'm not as diplomatic as Monkey.
I have no tolerance for someone who attacks others for their attempts at anything. I grew up in an environment where all we ever heard was "you'll never be good enough" and "you're too stupid to get out of this place." In its own way, those sentiments drove me to do the best I can do at whatever I do. And believe in championing *anyone* who dares to dream, try, and most of all...fail. This attempt (or success, depending on who is telling the story) is another rung in a ladder that no one has yet seen the top of. I'm proud to not only be part of that rung, but to have been a part of encouraging it. I'm really proud to have had the opportunity to fly next to guys like Jason Carter, who worked his ass off simply to be part of this. It meant a lot to him. I was inspired as hell to see a guy like Brian Drake and his pegleg/cast, busting his hump to be just as fast, just as nimble, and work for his slot on every jump.
The emotions that sprang from those encounters alone run deep, and there are many others. As a result, some of my posts in this thread have been somewhat less than "moderate."
As a moderator, we dont' give up our right to express opinions or have feelings, but we are held to a higher standard.
Ultimately I have no tolerance for naysayers that are more after knocking something down rather than building it up. IMO, that's simply bullshit. It's tough enough organizing an event like this one was with little budget, a lot of resistance, and some of the biggest names in the sport poo-poo'ing it. But they did it. Sadly enough they went from being admired to significantly less in my personal view.

I watched Jeff and Justin in particular grow tremendously as leaders. I observed Ed Pawlowski and learned a lot from his attitude, demeanor, and tutelage of the captains. I enjoyed seeing Taya herd cats with ADD. She could organize grains of sand on the beach...And came to know Mark Harris as a first-class guy. There were others too...but these captains stuck out because they stepped up to their leadership roles and kicked ass.

For me, that was the 71 way. I don't know that it was slot-perfect anymore than anyone knows it wasn't. I just know I was 1/70th of the unofficial, most beautiful, largest wingsuit formation ever built.

If you didn't help build it, then your opinion is worth exactly what you put into the formation. I invested a lot into and got more out of it than I put in. More than I expected. So...if I wasn't part of a slot-perfect formation unofficial world record that will never be recognized by any officiating body other than my own... it was fun anyway.
There will always be pissers that do whatever they can to knock others off the pedestal of their dreams and goals. Usually, that just inspires me to do better. This time, it inspired me to be an asshole.
For that, I apologize.
Thanks for the phone call, boss. I needed the reality check. After all, it is just skydiving.

I like how now its the PF guys..............lets be real how about its the always vocal guys calling a spade a spade.

Nobody wants to down play what has been done lets be real most of us that chose not go never thought it would get as far as it did......a reason some of us chose not to go. Fortunately there were no 'real' injuries.......another reason not for attending

But the thread (not tread Glenn) is titled Elisnore 71....THEY GOT IT! which is clearly after 1 month is not the case yet there is all this bullshitting going on that its the media ... blah blah ... to many pictures ... blah, blah, ... Klingons haven't landed on Uranus yet... blah blah.

Just wanting the truth - it was an amazing feat to get 71 that close to each other and in a relatively tight formation.............but a record well.......i doubt that.

So all the we were there you weren't ......... its a PF thing ......... Jarno is a douche since he is affiliated with PF for 1 week..........(well that one might be true but we will have to see what brand jeans he wears)
................BLAH BLAH BLAH

Make all the haters feel like shit and show the record pic --- then we would really feel like shit for no joining your 1 point skydive with the forward speed of a snail...............fuck I just can't help myself......not sure why, it just keeps flying off the keyboard:P

Glen are you not Mr Phoenix fly? Or since the last time I have seen you have you switched? I hope you did get the record, I having nothing but respect for Ed, Jeff and Justin. All that I am asking for is one picture thats it. I hoped to be proved wrong. By the way Glen thanks for grouping me together with the Phoenix fly crew that made my day

I like the PF reference, its a goat getter. And I have a few goats myself. You were spot on about Jarno & co bringing the PF line down. Just look at his posts regarding this T t Tthread. You predicted it.

And as to not showing the money shot to people who were not there but keep whing to those of us who don't have it to show you= priceless! I was there and I haven't seen it, I was in front. The organizers should take all of the footage and lock it in vault forever to tease you just like we get teased regarding a new PF suit that takes months for more pictures.

And you are right again that the the title of this T t t thread is incorrect it should have said:

Elsinore 71 they never lost it!

This shit just keeps coming off the keys and I'm trying to keep from PWing but dammit Jason having you back is just like and inbred family reunion cuz.

December Issue - Skydiving Magazine - page 4.

Based upon colors of wingsuits and positions, it appears to be one of the jumps on Tuesday.

Draw your own opinion.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com