Skwrl

Elsinore 71 - They Got It!

Congratulations to all involved! It's been killing me sitting in my cube all day refreshing Facebook to see Melanie's updates. Glad to see that it has come together so beautifully. Looking forward to photos soon.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Cant wait to see pix and video guys!

Its been amazing(ly frustrating) watching all the updates!
Hope we see this one in the media everywhere.

Put a press package online (names, photos/video) and lets start submitting that puppy to all the news outlets worldwide!!

Congrats!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So..what date should I reserve in my agenda for the 100 wayB|:)

I figured it would be a 50 something way, but feared 71 was just a few flyers too big, and would be incredibly hard to get perfect..

Incredibly glad to see me proven wrong here, and kuddos to everyone (organisers and flyers) who managed to pull this one off!

Now upload those pictures already!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Incredibly glad to see me proven wrong here, and kuddos to everyone (organisers and flyers) who managed to pull this one off!

Easy there, careful about speaking to soon as there is no evidence yet. ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

You guys suck... uhh... I mean RAWK!!!! You don't know how badly I wanted to be there - in the planning stages for over a year, only to be grounded by a friggin' health issue. I WILL BE THERE on the next one (OK, not Eloy, but the one next year or whenever we attempt to break this record!!!)

Seriously, congratulations to all involved. A truly impressive achievement!!! Definitely looking forward to the pix & video!

Rick

Rick, you were sorely missed. Your name was brought up in the plane several times, more than one jump was prefaced with "This is for Rick."
Stoney made a beautiful gesture in your honor as well. That's a story for someone else to tell.

For those looking for pix and more information, please give me a bit of time (by tonight's end) to post them with some stories of the day.

Wow...emotions overflowing for more reasons than I can recount here. Everyone worked so damned hard to make this happen.

Funny thing happened today...i actually got called at work from a friend of mine who is down there and knew we had been down watching ----congrats to all of you!;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

After 5 days of early calls and ending the day being tired from jumping, everyone was looking forward to not having to wake up so early. But for some reason I'm up ready for that early call.

First off, I gained even more respect for Scott Bland's ability to fly a rock solid base. I was on Mark Harris' team of the "foreigners". We had 15 people......, and Matt Hoover.;) The three other teams were lead by their plane captain as base, but since Mark wasn't used to the "domestic" speed of flocking, I was asked to fly base for the team. I have flown base a few times before, but never with the goal of hitting the mid 60's range and having to guess the forward speed that Jeff would be flying. It took most of the jumps on Saturday and Sunday to get it figured out. The whole time, no matter if it was too fast, too slow, or going back & forth between the two, the team quickly built our designated formation. The level of ability/determination/concentration on the team was incredible. I was glad when all four teams came together on Monday so the only challenge was to lead the team through the other diving birds into our slot in the formation.

After all the hard work, it was great to hear Taya say that we did it.

We did have a few injuries. Scott's arm from a collision, Brian's finger from his flesh eating razer, Patrick took a shot to the eye on exit and Bo's melted canopy from a still hot smoke canister.

Props to all the organizers for all the hard work. To DSE for not only being in every jump, but doing all of the video stuff for our debriefs as well. To Stoney for his generosity and Avery for keeping us nourished.

Seeing the photos of the built formation is a sight to behold. Never did find out from Jim the pilot if the formation was detected on radar. And if you haven't jumped at 'Snore and had Jim orbit the formation in the otter, you are missing quite the experience. He is thinking of getting re-current just so he can join the flock flying outside the plane.

It was great meeting and flying with all the birds from around the planet. Rick, we missed you in the flock.

Maybe I can get back to sleep now.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

others may repeat your achievement or even exceed, but you were the first and the daring. I know that for some people the idea of the formation seemed to be impossible, so you look like a flock of the most dedicated dreamers not fearing to fulfill their dreams. sounds pathetic but it's true:D