unclecharlie95

Ghost 2

That would be Belgium CRWbirds Thank you verry much
B|

Last time I checked you had a DUTCH passport Hans....

Whats this world coming to. Tristan pretending to be Dutch, Hans pretending to be Belgian...*snif*

Belgium is nothing more than a bastard country, created when Holland and France got sick of that piece of land (with the French and Dutch parts STILL bitching to this day which language to speak)

Holland! We're a proud nation damnit!

All these great things we've done!
We killed the Dodo's and made em extinct! We started slavery!

Errh...em..wait...Can I be Belgian too?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

pm me your acres. I will send you some.

Carefull..he's like one of those Nigerian scam artists...

I know he's succesfully tried that one with other people already;)

Remember: first put em on a cup of steamy hot tea for about 2 minutes. Then, once the sirup has started to soften/melt..eat!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its bad weather...foregive us:S

The used reviews from the previous Ghost will probably still be accurate, with the addition of improved inflation on all #2 models of the PF fleet.
So its probably safe to say its a good and stable platform for the flocker keen on long freefalls, and nice relaxed flying with people of all sizes.

We should have some demo Ghost2's with us in Empuria Brava coming May (if you want to give the suit a try yourself).

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

with the addition of improved inflation on all #2 models of the PF fleet.

Otherwise known as the Tony suit-mod, yes it works very well. Except the vampire, which is the PF company flagship and never had any issues of inflation just redesigns. Why I don't know. I love my V-2 as designed.

Finally!! UPS payed a visit today with my new Ghost 2. Sorry no work pics but I was off today when it was delivered.

This suit is awesome. The new upgrades make it a great improvement over the original. The zip in system took less than a min to hook up. Weather is looking promising for the weekend here so I'll get back to everyone on how it flies.

Sorry for the delay. Did 3 jumps on Sat with the new suit. I am extremely impressed with the new Ghost. The suit is exactly what the website states, "a high performance suit for flocking, back flying, and all around fun flying."

The new inlets make the suit pressurize instantly and it stays that way no matter what position you are in. This includes your back. This is a huge improvement and flying the suit a breeze. Maxing it out for an extended period did not take much effort. It felt like the pressurized wings were almost holding my arms and legs in the correct position and not the other way around.

Not sure if it is the fit, upgrades or a little of both, but the suit was very intuitive to fly. It is like a Phantom 2 on steroids which is exactly what I was looking for. The less swept back delta shape of the arm wing compared to the Phantom allows for better slower forward speed flight but you can still haul ass if you want to. The extra fabric gave me that little extra range I was looking for.

Hookup is so easy. Less than a minute. I also like the size of the new tension swoop cords. They are not thick anymore, but are the same as you would find on the Phantom. They still go around your whole palm and not the thumb but the thinner size makes it a lot more comfortable. Other fit and finish things to mention is that PF brought back the mesh in the arm sleeve covering the top of the arm cells. did not like that this was missing in the original. Also, there are airlocks for every possible inlet on the suit. There is even a strip of material on the inside of the sleeve to cover the backside of the new arm cutaway cables and tabs. There is no inlets on the body now and the rear deflector inflates with the leg wing.

I know I only have a few flights on the suit but the Ghost 2 exceeded all my expectations and for flocking around, this is my favorite suit. I think that every suit in the PF lineup has a specific application and Robi hit the nail on the head yet again. I will always love the Phantom 1/2 but the Ghost 2 is a nice step if you are looking for another fun all around suit.

Many thanks to Robi, Robert and Kathy. You all were a huge help in making this yet again, a wonderful experience.

I also like the size of the new tension swoop cords. They are not thick anymore, but are the same as you would find on the Phantom. They still go around your whole palm and not the thumb but the thinner size makes it a lot more comfortable.

Hmmm ... I cut them down on my Phantom II so they only go around my thumb.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

With the new cutaway system on the Ghost/Stealth, the excess cable is routed into a sleeve on the swoop cord. having the swoop cord around your thumb may cause the cutaway cable to bend enough that it might be difficult to be pulled out of the sleeve. Also may not be able to tighten the cord enough with the sleeve sewed on there to use around the thumb. Hope this makes sense. New design is very comfortable around the palm.

I also like the size of the new tension swoop cords. They are not thick anymore, but are the same as you would find on the Phantom. They still go around your whole palm and not the thumb but the thinner size makes it a lot more comfortable.

I only ever put them around my thumbs as well.

Chuck

Here is a pic of how the cable is routed. I tried tightening the loop to go around my thumb and you could probably make it work that way but it was a little awkward. Its all personal preference though.

Thank you for uploading the picture. I tried placing the loop around my palm and around my thumb and it appears to produce a difference in arm position. Around the palm produces a palms down position while around the thumb produces a palms up position. I've always flown my wingsuit with the loop around my thumb producing a palms up position. However, when I'm tracking I prefer my palms down when tracking relative to others for added control (and palms up when trying to maximize performance). I'm going to have to try it both ways next time I jump to determine if it makes a difference ... does it make a difference for anyone else?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch