DSE

Lake Elsinore Wingsuit Record Attempt

at the risk of sounding pushy ,,, can we see the pictures with the grid which is the claim to the record, i was there and i know or believe or was led to believe that these picture exist which is the basis for the record claim .. unless im mistaken and the claim was simply that we did a 71 way slot specific in a basic shape. lets see the photos with grid which the claim is based on ...

i need something to brag with ! ;)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Ok, ok, the grid shots can wait, but surely there's one of the completed formation that could be posted! Quit teasing us and making us wait!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Sorry, I thought I'd posted the link in that same post.:$
Wednesday, final jump

This is a private video
Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video.

Do I need a password or do I have to log in to vimeo with a specific e-mailaddress?

(Please, not the latter. I use different spamtraps for different websites.)
Johan.
I am. I think.

I have disabled public access to the content.
It was my mistake to have thought that the content released to broadcast media was also OK to release to the public. The event organizers have asked that the media remain limited until press, promotional, and other opportunities are in place. Until last night, the content had been password protected, and is now back to as it was before.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
mea culpa.

The event organizers have asked that the media remain limited until press, promotional, and other opportunities are in place.

Wouldnt releasing the pictures and video to the media (newspapers/tv journals/NBC etc) have been more productive in the one or two days directly after the event?

Never really seen anything this strict on any skydive record.
And in my experience most media sources turn down news if its older than a few days and doesnt qualify as 'news' anymore.

And even outside the media and the general skydiving public.
Usually at least the people on the actual record or formation get a sneak-peek at what they've done. I know a lot of EU guys and girls who where on the record are itching and aching to see some pix and video of their jump.

Understood its not up to them, me or you to decide, but the event organisers. But everyone is exited about this one..try and hurry it up a bit..;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Wouldnt releasing the pictures and video to the media (newspapers/tv journals/NBC etc) have been more productive in the one or two days directly after the event?

it was. Same with photos, just not "the photos."
Media have had full time access to photos, blog, micro-articles, participant bios, etc. before, during, and now after the event. It's not at all uncommon to have an embargo on proprietary content after an event. Some events we shoot require that tapes and other digital recording sources be turned over to the event producers. It's only because I was roped in as a media coordinator at the last moment, that I have any of this media in my possession. In my experience...that's pretty rare.

It's not at all uncommon to have an embargo on proprietary content after an event.

Tradeshows, seminars etc yea..used to those as well..

Just used (in skydiving) to seeing stuff on records (CREW/RW/FF etc) posted within a matter of hours and worst case scenario, a few days...think a lot of ppl are a bit muffled about having to wait so long..

But eager to see the media items that will come out of this one..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have to agree it seems a little ........ well over hyped by the organizers for something that will not be recognized as a record by anyone other than wingsuit pilots
Not trying to down play what was accomplished

And to the comment that the photos are worth a lot --- they would yeild higher profits from those on the record than from the magazines

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I agree about the value of the photos to the participants , but its not my department. we literally have to go through over 8000 photos. and all the video, forget it, sooo much to do. there will be lots of prints available for purchase and what not. Jeff has lots to do. and once the pics are sent to the magazines, its their decision when to run it. We can not post any of the money shots on dz.com or anywhere, as then they become worthless and any mags who want to run them may then choose not too.

you guys have seen the pics of the record. there a lots of them out there. the money shots are bout the same, just tightened up and more symmetrical.

All i can say is congrats to everyone involved, Thank you for the support, and I CANNOT wait to do it again.

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

the pictures of the crew 100 way, rw 400 way etc. all got posted online quite soon after the event. And the same thing for the video.

Knowing a few of the photographers, I dont think any of them had any issues whatsoever getting their pictures sold for some good cash to all the different magazines and media outlets..

But I guess its like waiting for Lutz to arrive at 3000ft after he exited...waiting...waiting...waiting...and more waiting;)

Do holla! when anything does make it online..hitting reload 10 times a day on these record threads to see is getting tiring:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Knowing a few of the photographers, I dont think any of them had any issues whatsoever getting their pictures sold for some good cash to all the different magazines and media outlets..

:P

Unless of course, the media outlets and magazines go beyond the norm of Skydiving and Parachutist.;)
Bear in mind...Scotty Burns has recently had a photo published in USA Today and the new Boston Globe magazine, and ESPN, EXPN, and CSN all have taken media from this event. Norman has some incredibly unique content.
We're trying hard to ramp things up on the media side, and it's always easier when the media is controlled before it hits mainstream.
Like they say..."A high tide floats all boats."