voodew1

FlocknDock 5

Seems that there is another wingsuitboogie nearby in the same time:

"April - 18-19 Sebastian Island Wingsuit Invitational Boogie
Slot perfect Multi point Docked formations
Saturday sunset beach "island" landing followed by boat ride to dinner.
Invites will be based on skill level and participation of previous events"

Is there any possibility to move another boogie so that both would be available? I think it would be a good thing for both of the boogies.
- No mercy in the flock! Straighten your legs!!! -

Is there any possibility to move another boogie so that both would be available? I think it would be a good thing for both of the boogies.

Skydive Sebastian's website shows this event happening the following weekend (4/25-26/09). I know that Jeff's email had the earlier date... not sure which one is right, but I will let you know once I get a clarification from Jeff, unless someone else posts definitive info here sooner.

[edited to fix typo]

Sweet! I got a finalized set of daily-driver flyable zipon S-6 wingmods I just finished dialing in, similar to what I showed up sporting last season minus the toe-cable wingtip suspension design- not quite the sub-30's fallrates the radical stuff delivered but far safer and more flyable and a little less brutal on the arms. I been itching to see if I can get 5 minutes out of it from 20-plus... it delivered 3:09 from 13.0-3.0, if my arms hold up 4:30 should be easily doable, 4:45 depending on endurance, 5 if I'm feeling badass. Just plain 4 minutes is Soooo last season.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

... what in the Hell does that have to do with this thread?? ;)

I'm guessing that Lurch got all flustered with the "5" in "FlocknDock 5".... kinda like target fixation, I think... Lurch - put down the sewing needle, and take a deep breath!!! ;)

Just got a confirmation from Jeff - the Sebastian Island Wingsuit Invitational Boogie will be held April 25-26, 2009. Thanks, Jeff!!!!

Cause every year this is about my only chance to have a whack at high altitude. So far I've just flown stock stuff and got relatively mediocre performance in the 4 minute range, 60mph average. Not exactly outstanding. Winter fatigue. This'll be the first time I had a suit hack I was willing to take out at 23k and I'd like to set a new personal best. A relatively trivial little ego trip, but its mine. Come on. Don't tell me you never wanted to get the latest super-xs mark 62 mach suit the size of an elephant cover and jump it from the highest alti you could get. This'll be the one time a year I actually get all the squirrels in my head scrambling more or less in the same direction. Its one of those zen ballistic rodent things.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.