bodypilot1

Awesome classified

Hijack! Why doesn't Tony put back deflectors on his suits? Just curious.

Or alternately, why do others include back deflectors? I'm not so sure they're necessary. Not sure they're not either, but the "evidence" is hard to come by. Either way, they seem to be doing just fine without deflectors.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

That is why I asked. Because Tony-suits do as well as they do I was wondering about the reasoning, which would shed some light on the deflectors purpose and effectiveness.

It all started a long time ago when designers thought it would be nice to have a fareing to smooth the contour of the squarish rig back down to the body.

Patrick even did it with a pillow that straps on to the bottom of the container......... miss rigging it into parts of his main canopy creating a horseshoe mal is what killed him.

if you have a voodoo the teardrop shape fairs itself and you don't need suit ass-pouch anymore.

if you have a voodoo the teardrop shape fairs itself and you don't need suit ass-pouch anymore.

Can we dismiss the ass-pouch?

The pics here seem to show that there is a somewhat for lack of a better word 'attached' flow.
Norwegian Windtunnel pic here

And this pic from tonysuits wingsuit page of the Intro looks like it has a deflector. If it is the guys butt than he has Scott Bland beat!!

Kris

The pics here seem to show that there is a somewhat for lack of a better word 'attached' flow.
Norwegian Windtunnel pic here

Kris

You know what tuffs used in the aero dynamic sense are right? Set up your wingsuit with some tuffs of a contrasting color to your suit. Make them long so they can be seen and have a friend fly video for you in the real world, which is real different than pitch posing in a cramped tunnel. You will see how detached the flow is . Just don't put them by your hackey.

What you are seeing in that picture is more related to the fit of a demo suit than anything intentional.

Scott submitted numerous measurements to ensure that his ass looked PERFECT...i mean...length...width...depth of the valley...radiant angle values for the cheeks...he was THROUGH!:P

You know what tuffs used in the aero dynamic sense are right? Set up your wingsuit with some tuffs of a contrasting color to your suit. Make them long so they can be seen and have a friend fly video for you in the real world, which is real different than pitch posing in a cramped tunnel. You will see how detached the flow is . Just don't put them by your hackey.

WAIT, WAIT.....I am getting a sense of Deja Vu....AHHHH YES I see it now. Tufts are so last year.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING